private "All that Shines" (1x1 RP between Platinum Gear and Raven Rawne)

Raven Rawne

@@Orange Sparks

Crystal Clear bit her lower lip and thought of a way to adress this situation. "Just when I had a lecture about adoption..." She saw Dustyhoof in the corner of her eye define he spoke. The mare looked in turn on him and her marefriend, suddenly feeling like both were somehow pressing on her. Fortunately the stallion went for his father before the tension made her proclaim something rash... With a loud exhale, she walked to her Marefield and muzzled her for comfort,  while taking a better look at the little one.

The innkeeper appeared a moment later and was walking fast towards the mares and the filly. The stablecolt could be seen in the doorway. "I thought you got lost somewhere,  why you didn't tell you're going on that trip?" Curiously enough, Crystal didn't sense a hint of anger in his voice, just a mixture of worry and relief. She pointed st the filly with her head, arms crossed.  "So she's yours?" The innkeep nodded as he extended his arms to take the filly from Clarissa. "Not in blood, but in bond. Mother died during labour, father was lost on the sea... We couldn't allow for another tragedy, so we took her in like she was our own from the start." Crys nodded, still biting her lip in thought. "Hmm... I wish there were more ponies like you. It seems decency and charity fell out of fashion in the world..." The mare looked at the filly in her adopted father's arms and brought her arms to her hips, drumming her fingers on a slight bulge beneath her gambeson. She nodded to Clare and fetched her coin purse and handed it all to the stallion. "Few ponies would take another's child and raise them as their own. Accept this coin, to pay for at least some of her needs. I'll come up with something more long term and get back to you, okay? " The innkeep was taken aback. "We never did this for our gain, only from the heed of our hearts but... thank you. Maybe, with your aid, we will be able to give her proper education. The local lords are always looking for scribes and other wise ponies, this village can offer her only toil and poverty. Thank you both." The stallion took his daughter inside, and the mares were left alone on the road. Crystal looked at Clare and shrugged. "Least we can do is to pay for her scholarship, that would give her a better future. Now come, we have an oxen to unhook and a cart to load."

Science wil reveal the Truth. Eventually...

@@Raven Rawne

Clare smiles "Seems my charitable deeds are rubbing off on you dear" she says as she helps unhook the oxen and then load the cart, she sidles up to her marefriend and whispers "That won't be the only thing that's rubbing on you tonight" she says with a mischevious grin and a happy giggle "Hell, I could even convince father to get her into any academy she wants for free, I mean if things go well between Dusty and Celeste...she will be part of the family anyway" she says as she takes a short break. 

She smiles at her from her sitting position "I saw how you bit your bottom lip before darling, you were hoping to adopt her yourself, weren't you?"

• Brohoof 1

dh8pajf-ac342e8a-b6e1-481d-9845-071b8489

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks

Crystal Clear smiled at the other mare's compliment as they ked the wagon to the stables,  but there was no happiness in her eyes. She just went through the motions and helped her marefriend. Even the promise of a good time didn't do much to her.

Finally she snapped once Clarissa remarked about her will to adopt the filly. With a deep sigh, she put the sack she was holding on the cart and turned to face Clare, then leaned on the side of their wagon as is she had no strength to stand on her own. She began, in an unsure voice. "It's just... I don't... Ughhh, the world I knew from behind the castle walls and from atop gilded carriages is so different from what I see every day, walking on my own pair and talking with the commoners without a regiment of guards and minders breathing down my neck.  I always thought the ponies outside my castle walls had their simple lives and were happy with what they have, and suddenly I learn of orphaned foals, poverty and a host of other things that make these ponies miserable! And all I can do is toss a coin purse in somepony's palm?! I just don't know anymore, should I turn the blind eye and walk along, clinging to my elevated idea of the world, or do something about it? But... even if I did adopt her, and somehow didn't turn out a horrible mother, what of the next orphan I meet? And the one after those two? I just... It's like trying to break a wall with a teaspoon, even if you leave a mark,  it changes nothing." Her shoulders slumped and head so low her chin rested on her chest, Crystal Clear sighed deeply, trying to keep any semblance of composure. "I helped, I did... something.  So why I want to hide in my chambers in Raven Rock and never come out?"

@@Raven Rawne

Clare nods and looks to her, she places a gentle hand on her shoulder "Do you remember that day when we found the ruins and I said all the treasure should go to the citizens?" she asks "And do you remember the looks on everypony's faces when they got their fair share?" she asks then nuzzles her "That wasn't just me doing that good work there, that was you as well, Do you remember the looks of the parents who were going through dark times and when you gave them their share, the smiles and the joy in their voices? Remember those times, you are doing good darling, do not hide it, You are a beautiful hearted woman, a woman, I'd...be honored to call..my wife"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks

Crys looked at her with dull expression, but nodded on every sentence. Once Clarissa was finished and gazed upon her marefriend with a mix of care and concern, did she react properly. The burgundy mare hugged her close and sobbed, refusing to let go for several minutes. At last she managed to muster a coherent response, short as it was. "T-thank you. For everything." She relaxed her iron grip and looked Clare in the eyes, but she instantly knew that the mare meant shat she said. With a feint smile,  she said. "I'd love to be your wife." Before Clarissa had time to respond, Crystal Clear sealed her lips with a kiss.

And dragged her onto a haystack on top of the other mare. 

@@Raven Rawne,

The moment Clare went to say something,  her marefriend locked lips with her. She smiles and gladly closes her eyes and feels herself being pulled ontop of her. She smiles and gently caresses her, saying in a very soft and caring tone "When we're in the capital and my sister is there, I have something important, very important, I would like to ask you" she says as she gently strokes Crys' mane and kisses her again, resting her head on her chest, sighing softly. 

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks

Crystal Clear was busy sneaking her hands where she wanted, but paused and gave Clarissa a curious glance when she said about some important question. She decided to play along and resumed her master plan.  With a sly grin she replied. "Just tell me already,  waiting was never my forte." A gentle pull on one of the straps in Clare's armor seemed to add emphasis to her words. "Besides,  I can't say no to you..."

The mare squeaked as she heard somepony enter the stables.  They were hidden behind the cart but it was enough for Crys to reconsider her plans for immediate future. She pulled her hands off the other mare and waited quietly for the intruder to go away.

@@Raven Rawne

"We'll be there by afternoon if you'll let me get off of you darling" she coos and kisses her "besides, it is something I'd like Celeste to witness" she says and nuzzles her before she readjusts her armor and smiles as she kisses once more "Come on, we're nearly finished packing" she says before loading the last few bags and laying on the top of the things for a nap. 

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks,

Confident that whoever intruded on their private moment just peeked in and left, Crystal Clear let go of the other mare and they got up to finish the task. As expected, they were finished in no time.

Crys looked curiously at Clare who apparently decided to take a nap on the wagon. Again. "Let's just hope I'll have a turn too..." She pouted slightly and walked to the inn in order to pay their bill and make sure they emptied the room. Of course she took another coin purse, but this one was leaner.

After twenty minutes or so, she was back with a handful of items she they left in their room, like the opened wine bottle. She tied the oxen to their wagon, but as she led it outside, she decided to wake Clarissa after all so she could say her farewell. The wagon stood just outside the stable door and the sun was shining on it's contents. Cryslat Clear climbed aboard and nudged the other mare. "Hey, we're leaving. Thought you might want to say farewell to your future brother-in-law."

@@Raven Rawne,

Clare smiles as she opens her eyes and stretches "Yeah I probably should say goodbye to him" she says as she slides off of the cart and kissing her before going to the inn. She sees Dust taking a break and drinking some cider, she walks up to him and gives him a smile "Hey Dust, going to go to the Capital now, thought I'd say goodbye for now, before we head off, then promptly bring my sister down here" she chuckles and hugs him then sees the little filly and kneels in front her ":Hey there sweetie"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks

Crystal Clear chuckled. "After promising him your sister? I guess so!" She sat on the wagon and waited till Clarissa said her goodbyes.

Dustyhoof was having a glass of cider and enjoying a break. Now that those noble mares were going their way, the stables would be empty anyway. He glanced at the opening doors and saw the princess walking in, and nodded to her respectfully. The little filly was sitting beside him, eating a sandwich.

He resisted the urge to stand upright when she adressed him, but she could see a tiny jolt as he was about to do it instinctively. She hug was even more surprising,  but appreciated. He returned it an replied.  "T'was nice to meet you, Princess. We be waiting impatiently for your return, but know that you're always welcome under our roof." He smiled at her and gently nudged the little one, since she seemed too preoccupied with her own business. "Rose Petal,  the Princess came to say bye, be nice and talk to her alrite?"

The little filly looked up and made a little oooh sound, then replied. "Hi princess Clarissa, is it true you're going home now?"

@@Raven Rawne

She smiles "Won't be too long, have a little business in the Capital then we'll be bringing her back here on our way home" she says then smiles at Rose Petal "Rose Petal? That's a very pretty name, and well we are but not just yet, we're going to the capital for a little break, then bringing my sister down here to meet your big brother. Won't that be nice? Seeing your big brother in love with Princess Celese?" she asks, patting her on the head then kisses her muzzle "Now before I go, I want you to promise me something, ok? I want you to promise that you'll be good for you mummy and daddy, and that you will tell them next time you go out, so they don't worry, okay sweetie?"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks

Dusty smiled.  "We're in no hurry."

Rose was trying to put together the informations when she received a kiss. She raised her rand in excitement and announced. "I like you princess Clarissa, come back and play with us okay?" She looked curiously at the mare when she asked her to promise, but after a moment of silence she exclaimed in a happy tone. "Promise!"

Dusty smiled at his adopted sister and turned his attention to his future suster-in-law. "The soldiers we had yesterday said there's some trouble on the road to Opal, but we couldn't get any details from them. My guess, some ponies at arms went rogue again and try to take tolls from travellers.  So keep an eye out and stay safe, your highness." 

They bid their farewells and Clarissa went outside to resume their journey.

Crystal Clear was waiting, sitting cross legged on the wagon and tossing a pyrite cube in the air. She smiled at her companion and jumped off the cart, then walked to the oxen to give her a nudge to start moving. She also bounced her marefriend with her hip and said with a sly smirk. "I was beginning to think you claimed the stablecolt for yourself and wet upstairs to extend your noble line..." Once the oxen took a cue and started walking, Crys asked. "So how was your farewell with your future btother-in-law? Is he glued to the window,  waiting for your sister to arrive?"

@@Raven Rawne

She smiles then looks to Dusty "Thank you for the headsup Dusty, also.." she takes out a pouch of her own "this is to help your mother and father with Rose" she says before hugging them both then going to the cart. 

She smiles and kisses Crys "Mm you know I'm loyal to you honey, also, I gave Dusty some more money for his parents to help Rose, aaand..he said the soldiers last night said there's some trouble along the road to Opal, so..hopefully it just ponies at arms and not what I think it might be" she says as she gets onto the cart and lays down again.

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks

Crys stopped the cart and looked at her marefriend who was making herself comfortable on it again. "It's nice you gave them some more coin, I just hope they'll keep the news to themselves... or they'll have a line of ponies trying to get a share. Now if there's really trouble up ahead,  then I'll pull over just outside the village and we play dress up. You can sleep in full plate too, and I don't want to risk an arrow in that juicy butt of yours..." She nudged the cart forward and did as she said, stopping a javelin throw off the edge of the village.  The mare climbed the wagon and took her armored bits out, then jumped off with a loud metallic plink and started donning the plate.  "And lay our shields the way we can reach them quickly. If they're soldiers getting their pay off the travellers,  they might have crossbows or other nasty surprises. " Thanks to the smiths foresight,  she could put everything on without aid. After some thought however, sleep tossed the helmet on the cart, easy to reach in a pinch. The mare looked at her companion,  who was reluctantly dressed in her own shiny plate. "They'll think I'm carrying a pile of silver, if the weather keeps up you're going to shine like a second sun... there should be a blanket somewhere.

Having finished their preparations,  the mares continued their journey - Crystal leading the oxen on hoof,  and Clarissa laying on the cart.

@@Raven Rawne

Clare nods and sighs as she gets into her full plate armor before laying down again "I'm sure they will, from what I could see, they were humble ponies, which is one of the reasons why I chose that handsome colt for Celeste, little rose is quite the angel too" she says with a soft smile. Choosing to focus more on the positives rather than the negatives "they're very nice ponies to adopt little Rose, to give her a home and want the best for her" she says softly, her eyes closing "You see it's ponies like that is why I do what I do with the gold we find, yes there are those greedy ponies out there, but most times, ponies will be glad for the financial aid"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks

Crystal Clear walked and cocked her head left, then right, then left again,  as if weighting the arguments. At last she shrugged but the armour made the gesture impossible.  "Guess you're right... as always." There was no condescending or  sarcasm in her voice, it seemed she genuinely agreed.  "I still need to get used to the fact that there's only so much we can do to help,  and it will often be not enough though. We took that family under our wing... well,  yours at least  cause I don't have any, but I sill feel like I should do more. No idea what though..." She sighed and lowered her head. "Dystyhoof was rubbing me with adoption idea but... I don't know. I kinda wanted foals but... I don't know if I'm a pony for the task. Plus it would tie me up to my home like a dog on a chain. I need to think about it some more..."

She continued walking, buying her lower lip. 

@@Raven Rawne

"I've wanted to have a foal as well darling, but we've got our whole lives ahead of us" she says just as a little grey pegasus mare flies up to them, she was wearing a mailmare's uniform and the mailbag.

"U-uhm, m-mail f-for P-Princess C-Clarissa" she says, holding a letter in her hands

Clare smiles as she opens her eyes and smiles even more "Miss Hooves, it's wonderful to see you again, I've told you before you can just call me Clare" she says as she digs out some bits for payment "here you go sweetheart, and a little extra for some of your favorite muffins, the ones at the inn over there are the best" she says, hugging a blushing Ditzy Hooves.

"T-thank you P...Clare" she says as she takes the payment happily and flies off towards the inn

Clare smiles as she lies back down and opens the letter, "Hmm well first of all, I love that mare, she is just so cute, adorable and just so..." she squees "So precious, I often visit her to help her with her filly" she says and then reads the letter "hmm"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks

Crystal Clear saw a shape in the sky, approaching their position. She wasn't very bothered by it and said nothing until the shape became a pegasus mailmare she knew.

She tried to shrug again,  despite her suit's protests. "I know, I'm just rambling, I guess. Still, I'm pretty much made for the job." She patted her prominent hips for emphasis. "Ah, seems we have mail. Hail miss mailmare!" She said with a smile and stopped the cart for her convenience and awaited till she was off.

Crys didn't interject in the conversation, but asked Clare once the mailmare filed away. "So what's in the letter? Must be important if they sent a flier to find you..." She looked at the other mare with curiosity.

@@Raven Rawne,

"well it would seem somepony let it slip to father that I am in love with you, here is his response" she says and clears his throat "Dearest Clarissa, I am writing to let you know that a certain mage friend of yours has told me of your love for you friend Countess Crystal Clear, at first I was shocked and a little upset, but I also always knew that this day would come" she stops for a moment and flicks her ears "While I am a little saddened that you aren't interested in baring any foals for me to dote over, I do want nothing but your happiness, and so, I hereby give you my royal blessing as the King of the Emerald Isles to be with whomever you wish to be with...I also am giving this permission because I have had many of the citizens praising your good works with them, which has made me very happy to know that you carried on your mother's legacy of caring deeply for those who will one day be under your complete care. One more thing, I also know of your plans to get your sister to meet a humble stablecolt..another thing your mother would be proud of you for, wanting the best for your sister, and honestly, with what I've seen of the nobles and their colts these days, I will be pleased to welcome a humble colt into our family as my future son in law. Yours sincerely, with lots of love, hugs and kisses. King Justice Silvermane" she smiles and hugs the letter "I never knew he would approve of everything" she says ,wiping the tears from her eyes, just then she sees another letter "Oh, it's for you"

Before she could hand her marefriend the letter, they heard a shrill but shy "P-please n-no s-stop!" Clare looks to Crys and grabs her saber "Ditzy's in trouble! Come on!"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks

Crystal Clear leaned on the cart and listened to Clarissa who read the letter. The more she heard, the more surprised she was and it showed.  Once she was finished reading, Crys hat a raised eyebrow, slightly open mouth and her neck cocked so hard it popped a few times. She needed a moment to process it all, oblivious to the other mare holding the letter for her. "Umm, whaaaaat? Sorry, I just... wasn't expecting a full official blessing,  and on paper too... And how did he know about your little plan to add some fresh blood to the family? Are we being followed or something?" She looked around but saw nopony. Just grass everywhere all the way to the sharp cliffs.

The mare regained her composure and took the other letter with her teeth, somewhat playfully.  She broke her father's seal, took a deep breath and opened it. "Here it goes..." Crystal read it once in silence, then looked up at Clare with relief. "Seems like somepony said him a few words in private... listen" She read the letter. 

"Dear daughter,

It has come to my attention that, during your time in the Academy,  you have become very close (the words were written much more deliberately, as if he had to think how to name it) with your lifelong friend, Princess Clarissa. I was hoping for other future for you, alongside one of the fine crystal stallions we met in Equestria, (the letters started to look differently,  as if he took a new quill) but I won't stand against your will in this matter. It saddens me that you will not extend the lineage of our venerable house, especially since our kin is so few in numbers.

I am currently staying by the court in Opal Hill, and therefore haven't informed your mother. I wanted to talk to you first. Know that,  however your life progresses and with whom by your side,  you will have our support.

Find me at Opal, we need to talk.

Your father, Count Fire Ruby oh House Eisengrad, Grandmaster of the Hunt, Lord of Raven Rock.

P.S. Your graduation present is ready."

Crystal Clear exhaled,  a mixture if feelings painting on her features. "I wouldn't be surprised if your father was standing over him the whole time. I'm pretty sure he broke a quill from frustration... This will be a long talk."

She tucked the letter into a pocket in her breeches. "Let's go, I just hope we'll find those bandits.  I need to swing my blade a bit..." The mare urged their oxen to walk, and guided the cart in silence,  apparently deep in tough.  At some point she unconsciously grabbed the hilt of her saber.

@@Raven Rawne

Clare chuckles a little before nodding, "It wouldn't surprise me if father was standing over him, but still, I wouldn't be surprised if he expected it as well" she says and nods as they begin to continue their journey, but soon more shouts came from "Help! S-Somepony HELP!" were coming from the Inn. Clare growls "Turn around, that sounded bad!" she growls again, as she jumps off the cart and starts running towards the inn."Meet you there!" she shouts back to Crystal before reaching the inn, as they weren't that far from it, she bursts in and a mixture of stallions and minotaurs had the family and miss Hooves captured as hostages.

"Where is she!? We know the Princess was here earlier! Hand her over or you will die!?" One of the minotaurs barks as an order to the family, then turns to his group "Find her! And bring her to me...ALIVE!" he barks as an order to them

Clare growls softly as she saw what was going on and rushes back to the cart that was approaching the inn again "Minotaurs...and ponies, they've captured the Innkeeper and his family along with miss Hooves as hostages, they're looking for me..Crys..what..what do I do? I d-don't want anything to happen to them, they're innocent!" she clings to her lover and sobs into her armor.

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks

A strange sound was carried by the wind. At first, Crystal Clear paid no attention, caught in her own musings, but suddenly the air was pierced by a clear voice. A desperate plead for help. That was enough to get the mare going and with practice from countless hunts she perhed her ears to tell the direction. It was from behind. Seeing Clarissa jump off the wagon and run back to the inn, Crystal shouted after her. "Don't start anything without me you hear me?! Come on Betsy, we need to get going."

Crys turned the wagon around and urged the animal to double time. She met Clarissa a little bit off the village  she could hear the screams as intruders broke inside the houses. All the stallions were at sea, nopony could intervene. No pony but them.

Crys pulled the wagon to the side of the side of the road so it wouldn't draw that much attention and tied Betsy to a hastily impaled spear. "Stay here." She said to the animal and as she turned around she was grabbed by sobbing Clare. She ran a gauntleted hand across her hair as said with eerie calm. 'What we were trained to do, love.  We cut them to pieces." She grabbed Clarissa by her arms and took a step back, so she could look her in the eyes, then said with the same strange calm. 'It's okay, now tell me what you saw. How many ponies and minitaurs, weapons and armor, any lookouts from our direction... take your time, we will save them you hear me?"

@@Raven Rawne

Clare nods "I-I know, it's just, the terrified looks on the mare's and filly's faces.." she says with a gulp "The innkeeper and Dusty were trying to fend them off, but they c-could get hurt or killed because of me" she says, running with Crys "From what I could tell, there were a total of six minotaurs and seven stallions. Armorwise, sea type armor, so leather and minimal metal, to minimize rust...as for weapons a mix of cutlasses, sabers, axes, polearms, muskets and pistols" she says "we will need to draw them out, and I think I know how, if we want to fight them, it's best o do it away from where any innocent ponies could get hurt.." she sighs "that means me offering myself to draw them out then we attack"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks

Crystal Clear listened to her marefriend talk, then let her go and give her her shield. "Okay, watch out for those boomsticks. Blasted cows and their powder..." The mare was off before Crystal Clear could form a real plan,  so she just put her hrlmet on, grabbed her shield and five javelins that lied on top. They had a small armory in there since they had to buy their gear for the Academy. Just a quick check her hammer and dagger were in place and she ran after the other mare.

Before she could stop Clarissa from her reckless plan, one of the armed ponies whistled loudly for the rest of the band. They were spotted. Crys stood beside Clare and drove the javelins in the ground, then took a defensive stance in case she was deemed expendable again. 'I hoe you have a plan because we can't go back now." She said as she lowered her visor and raised her shield, sword hand empty to throw the javelins.