private "All that Shines" (1x1 RP between Platinum Gear and Raven Rawne)

Raven Rawne

@@Raven Rawne

"Won't need to break in, I'll just flash my crest and they'll let us in, but if mother was a Crystal pony then that might make things easier for your father to accept our relationship without my father's glaring eyes over him" she giggles a little then closes her eyes "I know you think father is scary, but I'm sure you remember the times he was like a big cuddly teddy bear when we were fillies. He'd always take time off from being crowned Prince to play with us, and if either of us got hurt, he'd always make sure we got better and he'd hug us until we would calm down"

• Brohoof 1

dh8pajf-ac342e8a-b6e1-481d-9845-071b8489

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks,

Crys groaned. "Ohhh you just had to make it so... ordinary. And it really doesn't matter whether she was a crystal pony. I mean, it's always good to know more about one's family, but the point with my father is that I won't give him a company of crystal foals to play his genealogy game... I mean, to bolster the ranks of our venerable house, opulent and imperial" - she mimicked her father's catchphrase and laughed.

Once she recovered, the crystal mare replied. "Sure I remember! At first I was suspicious how he could swich between a stern ruler and caring father, but I know it's a genuine part of his personality. Shame the older we got the less we see him that way, but I guess that's because we're not kids anymore, and he figured treating us like adults was better." Crys decided to chip in a topic of her own. "Hey, have you thought where you'd like to settle? I for once never really thought I would leave Raven Rock, the old stone pile holds so many memories..."

Science wil reveal the Truth. Eventually...

@@Raven Rawne,

Clare shakes her head  "Who knows, another bridge we'll have to cross once we get there" she says and smiles "In all honesty though, I'd like somewhere still in the isles, I always loved the scenery of the green rolling hills" she states and continues playing with her saber "Maybe somewhere in between, There's plenty of vacant land and plenty of towns who could use a new lady and countess"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks

The crystal mare scratched the back of her head in contemplation. "I guess you're right, we'll get there eventually. In all honesty, I don't want to leave the Isles either. It's my home after all, and even though I've been on the continent a few times, I don't really like it there. Like you said, we'll get to it in our own time."

Crystal Clear looked at the sea. "I admit, this land has some real beauty to it..."

They walked some more, appreciating their company and the scenery.

@@Raven Rawne,

Clare nods "The serenity of the rolling hills and the peace of the ocean's wave. Who could ask for more?" she asks as she smiles, thinking of her future with her now fiance. she holds her saber close to her as she thinks on what kind of manor she would like, maybe a big enough one to hold them, enough servants and of course their families when they visit and most importantly their foals. "Would we have it in a town that needs a new 'governor' or 'lord'?" she asks "Or somewhere out of the way?"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks,

Crys smirked. "I for once always ask for more, if you catch my drift, but I agree with you on this one."

The road forked into two - one route continued along the shore while the other went inland. Crystal Clear led the cart into the latter and up a gentle slope. She could tell it was way past noon already.

The crystal mare observed whether their oxen needs help with pulling the wagon up, but the road was dry so the animal did okay. "Why not both" I mean, we sure could use a settlement to govern and get income, but we canbuild our house either next to it or nearby, say, on an overlooking hill. It all depends on where we'll settle of course but I have some ideas how to arrange it."

She saw a major road in the distance, a few travellers could be seen on it.

@@Raven Rawne

Clare chuckles "I know you do my dear, you get the whole package and then some with me" she says then thinks about the suggestion her fiance made about the manor "That sounds perfect, maybe have it somewhere not too in the way, and not directly in the town so that our citizens don't feel like we are looming over them or something" she says thoughtfully and sighs softly, playing with her pendant "So, how long until we get to the capital? I'm craving something fancy for once, and more importantly, to hug my dear baby sister"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks,

Crys was peering at the main tract ahead, trying to tell who was travelling it. "It all depends on the settlement we take into stewardship. Personally, I'd like a small port town but these are very sought over... Mining settlements are pretty much all taken too, as pretty much every place that gives decent income but if we claimed a fishing village on one of the Eastern Isles, who knows. With enough coin for investments and a few ships we could make it a small trading hub. Now I reckon we could try and build our house a bit off the settlement, and maybe have a garden even?

Crystal Clear thought for a moment and replied. "Well we're approaching the Spine Tract, and it will lead us straight to Opal so... three, four hours if we keep good pace? Somewhere along these lines, since we made good progress so far. Early summer is good for traveling through land, no mud." She kicked a loose stone out of the road with her bare hoof.

@@Raven Rawne

Clare smiles and nods "A small coastal town like the one we just came from? Why don't we talk to father, from what I've heard from the ponies there, that the Lord there is a real miser and that they had asked him for more protection but he keeps saying no one would dare attack his town..." she shakes her head "He was only interested in raising taxes each year and then introducing more and more taxes on stupid things like how much fish they caught per day, how many foals they have..it's disgusting really. A Lord should be there to protect the citizens not oppress them" she says spitting over the side of the cart "I wouldn't mind being Baroness or something over that little place, it also means we get to be close to Rose Petal"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks,

Crystal Clear cocked her had in thought. "Hmm... Not a good place for a trade port, but if we poured in some money, the ponies could get better income from their fish. Make it easier to pay some modest tax... Hay, maybe we could expand on pearl hunting or something? Or animal husbandry if we encourage new settlers... I could work with that, yeah. Of course we would have to buy it from the local lord first, but I don't suppose it would be a problem."

Meanwhile, they reached the Spine Tract and turned towards Opal Hill. It was still obscured by the Prince's Forest ahead though.

@@Raven Rawne,

"I'm not too sold on animal husbandry unless you mean by just other species and not with animals like our dear Betsy" she says ,gently patting the oxen on the neck, she had gotten quite close to the oxen, and she had counted Betsy as a good friend. She smiles a little more "Shouldn't be too much of a problem, if he raises a fuss, we can just remind him who our fathers are, that ought to get a pretty funny reaction from him" she laughs at the thought "We will also remind him of the duties of a Lord and how he has lacked with them, and that we can just as easily take over without him being able to do anything"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks,

The crystal mare waved her hand dismissively. "Just brainstorming dear. The landscape around Flounder Cove is a farmer's nightmare but the grass looked good, and grew everywhere. Perfect for grazing animals or just to cut it and sell for hay a couple times a year. either way we'll have to get to know the surrounding areas very well to decide if we can branch out into something else than fishing."

She shook her head at Clare's remark. "Darling, we can't hide under our father's shadows forever. We're grown ups! If we decide to settle there, we'll do it like civilised ponies: Ask for a visit, make an offer, and if he makes some ridiculous demands, say, for the last attack, I'll hold him and you convince him in some more tangible way... Just kidding."

Crys spotted a wagon with a broken axle in the ditch by the tract, some hundread steps ahead. There was nopony in sight right now, on the road or surrounding fields. "Hmm, strange. Take a look at it, abandoned wagon dead ahead." She pointed in the direction.

@@Raven Rawne

Clare chuckles "I know, I know" she says then sees where her fiance was pointing to "Hmm you're right, that's odd, it looks fresh too" she says, jumping off of the cart and going to check it out, "It is fresh, there's tracks dragging hooves to somewhere" she says and looks in the direction "Into the forest? We...we should do something but we don't have the time, we need to get to the capital today, when we get there, we can send a guard or two out to investigate" she says with a sigh. "I hate this, not being able to help a helpless citizen in trouble.."

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks,

As they approached, Crystal Clear felt somewhat alarmed. Nopony just leaves a wagon like that...

She heard a loud clank of heavy armour as Clare jumped off the cart. Funny how suddlenly she felt underdressed for the occasion, so she stayed by their wagon, hand on the sword hilt and kept her head on a swivel as Clare investigated.

Once the other mare turned around to come back and delivered the news of what she saw, Crystal Clear sighed as the happy feeling she felt dimmed, as her coat and mane - she started looking normal. "I guess you're right... Come back and give me a minute to dress up a bit, I don't want an arrow in my chest once we get into the forest."

She reached for her armor and donned everuthing except the helmet, clearly unhappy by the sudden need to suit up. With a pat on her chestplate, she announced. "Ready, let's keep going then."

@@Raven Rawne

Clare was clearly disturbed, "This isn't good news Crys, first the raid on the town, now this.." she says out loud as she sharpens her saber and Dragon Sword, "This attack was almost...clean, there were still supplies there, like..all they wanted were the ponies" she muses "Ugh, and this was supposed to be a vacation from all of this, oh well ,the joys of being us I suppose" she somewhat laughs "I'm sure the local guards will be able to sort this shite out"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks,

Crystal Clear shrugged and tugged on the oxen's reins to make her walk. "Brigands pop up every now and then and it's nothing extraordinary. Maybe it's a kidnapping for ransom or something along these lines, who knows. Best we can do is keep moving and reach the city as fast a we can to inform the guards, since we're not stepping in ourselves."

The pair was approaching the treeline when Crys picked her hekmet and put it on, just in case. "Keeo an eye out for trouble, I won't vouch that whoever did that went someplace else and isn't looking for some more coin on the road. Even if the wagons we saw going East passed unmolested."

They went into the forested part of the Spine Trail, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious, like road blockades and such.

@@Raven Rawne,

Clare nods "That is true, but brigands usually ransack the caravans as well" she says and closes her eyes "anyway, we've got happier things to think on, like our engagement, our plans for where we want to settle down and of course, the possibly union between Celeste and Dustyhooves. In honesty, I'm surprise that my father approves of us getting engaged and me trying to bring Celeste in with a common pony, but then...he did say he's seen how the less humble and more noble colts and stallions are being these days. Plus he has told me stories of how mother was a gypsy mare and he fell for her humbleness instantly"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks,

Crystal Clear readjusted her right gauntlet and replied, matter of fact. "Could be hired thugs, paid for making somepony dissapear. There are all kinds of reason for what happenned there really." She turned to Clare and smiled coyly, her visor raised. "So... how would the future lady of Flounder Cove see her household? I like the security of stone, but a tower keep would be a waste of money, and they're not really nice places to live - too many damn stairs."

@@Raven Rawne,

Clare smiles and thinks for a moment "Something big enough to hold us, our families, should they visit, our foals obviously, our servants, and big enough for a stable and training ground, other than that, small enough that the citizens don't feel intimidated and so that they feel that they can approach us should they need to" she says "I was thinking of maybe a nice manor, so a mixture of wood and stone..maybe some marble?"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks,

"The crystal mare nodded, still scanning the surroundings. "Sounds nice! A spacious manor house, stone ground floor and half timber walls with white plaster higher up, that would be veeeery nice. I'm on the fence about pallisading the settlement, since living behind walls is, well, a bit depressing. Besides, I hope fending off ponynappers won't become a regular thing in our schedule..."

They approached a clearing on both sided of the road, meant as a stop point for travellers. Currently the place was empty, save for a couple old fireplaces.

Crystal Clear turned to Clarissa "Toss me a flask, will you? Been too long since I had a drink hehe!" Seeing her unapproving look, she corrected herself. "I meant that alcohol free cider, that did you think I was referring to?"

@@Raven Rawne

Clare covers a yawn and tosses Crys a flask of non alcoholic cider "Here you go beautiful, don't drink it all in one gulp" she says with a slight chuckle as she gets on herself "Yeah that sounds nice, the manor idea, I too hope we don't have to keep fending off ponynappers, but I also think that we should still have a training yard and maybe a barracks somewhere. So we can train the stallions and colts that aren't fisherponies to fight and be able to fend of raiders as well."

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks

Crystal Clear caught the flask and raised in a toast,  smiling.  "Cheers!" Then she took a moderate swing and hanged it on a jutting beam on the wagon.

"Seems zi can see the end of this forest,  we should be in the clear once we get out. Then it's straight to Opal through farmlands and grazing grounds."

They managed to get out of the forest in one piece, and once they did, Crys tossed her helmet back inside the cart. "Never liked wearing helmets... But it's a small inconvenience compared to an arrow in my head, I guess..."

@@Raven Rawne,

"And a mourning fiance, I'd never forgive you for being clumsy and forgetting your helmet, just like you'd be the same way with me" Clare says as she uses her hands to shield her eyes from the sun to see the capital "we're nearly there, I think I can see the top of the keep" she says as she lays back down and closes her eyes "I can't wait to see Celeste again, it's been so long, I bet you she's grown into a really beautiful mare"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"

@@Orange Sparks

She scratched the back of her head and combed her mane into shape with her fingers. "Yeah, I guess I would drink myself to death if that happened, so I know what you mean."

Crys looked in the distance too and nodded. "You're right! We're getting close to the joyful moment when I can change into something not smeared with blood..."

The mare looked back at her fiancé. I'm not betting cause I'd lose silly! She's your sister so she has to be as hot as you. Well nearly as hot, since you're the hottest mare under the sun." She sticked her tongue playfully and nearly tripped on a loose stone. "Whoa! That was a close one... They need to take better care of this road or something,  almost lost my teeth in here."

@@Raven Rawne

"Oh hush up you, I'm not that hot" Clare giggles and nods "But I bet she's got all the colts and stallions after her, too bad for them, I found the perfect colt for her in Dustyhooves" she says with a smile, "I mean, he's humble, hard working, kind, gentle, loyal and handsome to boot" she says as she closes her eyes after the bump "Can you imagine what our foals would look like?"

• Brohoof 1

Signature by Myself!
"Ara Ara"