Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Order of the Flower [OOC between Nightmare Season and Raven Rawne]

Nightmare Season

@@Nightmare Season,

Order of the Flower eh? Sounds like a secret organisation of botanists, could be a fun thing to weave nto the story.

Now, Rp wise, since I'm running Natural Order, I was thinking of something like that:

The earth pony vagabond finds herself in Canterlot, of all places, and with a large repair bill as something not really friendly took the roof off her wagon. Without going into fine detail, she needs money, and happens to find an advertisement of a local high class pony who needs a guide to a place X (somewhere conveniently far away... Undiscovered West? Forbidden Jungle? Grifonstone area?). That's all she knows really, aside from the large sum of money that's for grabs. Natural Order decides to babysit a city gal on what she thinks can be an easy enough job. Things get complicated by both their differences, the harsh road conditions, natural and pony made, but predictable obstacles (fallen trees, flooded rivers, brigand ponies, maybe some hostile widlife), occasional big problem (like a monster of the month to kill/go around, or a broken axle in the middle of nowhere), and yes, rival expedition(s) who want to reach the same goal, but have much less moral objections and wish to use the prize for selfish or evil ends. To make tings longer and more interesting, we can toss random encounters and "side quests" along the road.

Thoughts?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

That sounds great. Have it like a daring do adventure. The idea of a secret order of botanists protecting the flower for generations is something we could weave in.

We could lay it out like a tomb raider game style. Have to go to point b,c, and d to get "keys" then go back to point a for the flower.

Edited by Nightmare Season
  • Brohoof 1

Well of course the flora will be hidden in some Celestia forgotten complex with traps,  guardians,  and of course the most dreaded of all - locked doors that need "keys". They can be anything really, even something along 9 pieces of 8 from Pirates of the Carribeans - seems hly random,  but old objects that need to be "borrowed".

@@Raven Rawne,

So I am thinking we can find the "vault" where the flower is located, However we need to seek out different rare magical flowers that are used as a key to open the door to the mythical flower she seeks. And a riddle is all that is given about each of the magical flowers we need to find. Each flower will be a side quest to find all of them.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm... a natural vault in a cave behind a waterfall maybe? And yeah, reaching the place only to kiss the door and go all over Equestria to find the keys sounds good. That way they don't have to go to the other side of the planet just to prolong the rp.

Good pick! Diverse terrain and no major cities on the road, just Ponyville and Dodge. I'll make a post after taming the evil of thorough bathroom cleaning... whoever lived here didn't know the term "deep clean".

• 2 weeks later...

@Raven Rawne

Oh my goodness....You read my mind. I was thinking the same thing. Saved by Flower, would really get Natural to second guess the crazy mare, or not so crazy after all.

Also work has been sucking the life out of me, So if my threads seems a bit lack luster than usual. You now know why.

@Nightmare Season

The marigold incident put a dent in her disbelief already. Also, don't worry about meeting a post quota or something. I know from personal experience that it doesn't work well, so I'm okay with waiting for when you get some more free time. I'm pretty busy too anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Nightmare Season

Seems like we're in a tight spot - Natural is just not Nightmare Season, she won't just walk in and make grilled pony bits in there. I reckon that,  if they come out, she could take 2 or 3 from afar before they reach her, and then it's game over. Element of surprise and distance are her only combat advantages.

Alright, I just wanted to check on you that's all.

A pursuit then? I guess that's one way to make Natural commit equicide on that stallion. I'm still not sure whether she should ditch the wagon or get it back,  knowing their destination she as well might - unless the ponynappers get ambushed by a cragadile or something just as nice, all she can do is make sure Peony gets safe back home.

• Brohoof 1