Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

With a Calligraphy pen

Onylex

These are just some crappy doodles done with a calligraphy pen. I haven't drawn a pone in probably a year which makes these crappy doodles even worse

Iv never actually used a calligraphy pen before and, I must say that it's quite fun to use. It also helps that those pens look pretty cool. lol

Also as a side note: I know that two of these drawings do not have clothes which may make them a little awkward to look at but seeing as how I did not purposely try to make them explicit or sexualized in any way so, I hope that this is okay to post. If it isn't okay to have up and the thread gets taken down then I hold no merit to that decision. These were pretty much a study and an experiment for me and its not like they look very good anyhow. 

Anyway, thanks for viewing. :grin:

Scan2.jpg

Scan3.jpg

Scan1.jpg

• Brohoof 3

They are actually quite lovely. I assume you've been dabbling into the realm of human anatomy as of late?

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Shadow Beam said:

They are actually quite lovely. I assume you've been dabbling into the realm of human anatomy as of late?

2 hours ago, Turquoise Tomorrow said:

These look really nice. May I ask one thing though; How DO you do it? I've been wanting to draw anthro-ponies for a couple of weeks now, and I'd love the advice given!

Thanks, guys I'm glad you like them.

@Turquoise Tomorrow

Study the crap out of human anatomy!!!!!

Look at the bones, the muscle and, how the muscle attaches to bones. The biggest thing about drawing something you're unfamiliar with comes down to a lack of knowledge on the specific thing you're trying to draw. When you change the amount of knowledge you have, you will also change the way you think, therefore; changing the way you draw and improving. 

Also look at a lot of nude photos of people. I know that sounds a little bit odd but, if you do that and then try to think about what is placed where in the body as far as bones and muscles are concerned you will start to get a feel for drawing the human figure.

Think about three-dimensional form in space and, do a lot of gesture drawing as well.

I use this website to do 60-second gestures and practice human anatomy. -->  https://www.quickposes.com/en/gestures/timed

I also study a book called "Figure Drawing - Design and Invention_By: Michael Hampton"

Hope that helps, good luck and happy drawing! ^_^

Edited by ~Onylex
  • Brohoof 1