What does "last visited" really mean?

DubWolf

I'm sort of confused with what it means; it says a user was last active say, 16 minutes ago, but you notice this after they recently sent you a message, so really they weren't active just 16 minutes ago, but rather much more recent than that...

Is this some bug?

It's not always accurate, that's true.

That value changes every time user loads or refreshes the page. For example, if you'll get to a thread, that I'm reading for 30 minutes, it will be showing, that I was last active 30 minutes ago, even though I'm still reading it, unless I was changing pages in meanwhile.

The same as the 'Currently' status (shown below 'Last Visited' when online) can be inaccurate. For example, I'll go to a thread and then go to the main page in a new tab. It will be showing, that I'm currently on the main page, even though I closed that tab and I'm reading the thread, because the home page was the last thing I've requested from the site.

The true question is - Does 'Last Visited' value update when sending a message or making a post? Doing this doesn't refresh the page, just adds a reply, so it may be the possibility. That wouldn't be a bug then, but just how it works, though I can be mistaking.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Brohoof 1