Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Randleshackle App Source Code

Ganondox

For all of you java programmers, I have just recently uploaded the source code from an app which plays Randleshackle, a board game whose rules I'm still working on. It can be found here: https://github.com/Ganondox/RandleshackleForReal I actually made this awhile ago, I just didn't upload it correctly until now. It's open source, so I encourage you to modify and try to come up with better rules or anything else. If someone can just find a way to share the compiled version so non-programmers can play it that would also be great. Once I get another fxml editor I plan on adding a switch for different rulesets, and maybe three player. Here are the official rules: 

RANDLESHACKLE (board game)

I need to update them though as my current idea is to get rid of the rule than a piece must move before attacking, and instead add a rule so that a piece is invisible after capturing a pony piece, but it also can't immediately power back up that next turn either (same with earth ponies after being attacked). 

• Brohoof 1

Hey that's pretty cool. I don't know much about phone apps, but I'll vouch. Still not sure if people do that here, but I did it anyway

6 hours ago, Lenny said:

Hey that's pretty cool. I don't know much about phone apps, but I'll vouch. Still not sure if people do that here, but I did it anyway

It's not a phone app, it's java app. You run it on your computer using the Java Virtual Machine, but first you need to compile it using the Java Compiler. 

1 hour ago, Ganondox said:

It's not a phone app, it's java app. You run it on your computer using the Java Virtual Machine, but first you need to compile it using the Java Compiler. 

Oh m8 ur smart

Now I know what half the stuff u said means

On 5/12/2017 at 3:09 PM, Lenny said:

Oh m8 ur smart

Now I know what half the stuff u said means

Stop being sarcastic and go use google. If you can't figure out what's being said, then this topic simply isn't for you. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, Ganondox said:

Stop being sarcastic and go use google. If you can't figure out what's being said, then this topic simply isn't for you. 

Hands up, going okay

Edited by Lenny
I like you tho, vouch for this contribution.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Lenny said:

Hands up, going okay

Stop being so defensive and generally rude. The very first phrase in the thread was "for all of you java programmers", and if you were a Java programmer you would know what I was talking about. It's nothing personal, you just aren't a java programmer. Never too late to learn though. 

Edited by Ganondox

7 hours ago, Ganondox said:

Stop being so defensive and generally rude. The very first phrase in the thread was "for all of you java programmers", and if you were a Java programmer you would know what I was talking about. It's nothing personal, you just aren't a java programmer. Never too late to learn though. 

I want to, but my technology class is like the most basic you can get, and not even in coding when it's been a year. Im not trying to be rude, im trying to do what you want me to; leave. 

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

I want to, but my technology class is like the most basic you can get, and not even in coding when it's been a year. Im not trying to be rude, im trying to do what you want me to; leave. 

I'm not telling you to leave, I'm telling you to not be rude. Anyway, there are plenty of free java tutorials on line you can look for, they will get you far enough to be able to compile and run someone else's code. 

30 minutes ago, Ganondox said:

I'm not telling you to leave, I'm telling you to not be rude. Anyway, there are plenty of free java tutorials on line you can look for, they will get you far enough to be able to compile and run someone else's code. 

I know, but I learn better with a person, ya know? Online stuff just isn't the same

4 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I know, but I learn better with a person, ya know? Online stuff just isn't the same

Yeah, I know, but it's just the very most basic stuff that's needed to get this running. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Okay, started working on this again, first thing I'm doing is moving it to the MVC pattern which will make it both much easier to port to a phone app, and to update the rules even when the GUI is lagging behind, and will make it easier to create a server and client for it in the future. 

• 1 year later...

Finally got around to finishing refactoring it, it's in the WorkInProgress branch even though I've now gotten it the point it acts like the original with only one small difference (it's now possible to land an alicorn). In addition to the things previously mentioned, this will also make it easier to create new AIs, and maybe even a learning one later on. I also added a parser, which doesn't actually change the game normally, but it allows you to modify the game just by modifying the .txt files that are in the resources.