Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We stand united 1x1 Maple Bat

MickeyAdaptus

Montarion was dodging most of the hits, but at one moment, the axe blade cut through his arm, making it fall off from his body.

But to the surprise, Montarion regenerated a new arm straight from his body.

"You know, there is still time for all of you to stop fighting because I don't really have the intention of murdering each one of you unless I am forced to." he said with a smile.

Luna scoffed "And let you destroy and innocent soul? I'd rather die." She said as she joined in to help Ember. Now both Ember with her axe and Luna with her sword where attacking him from the front Celestia started carefully moving to get behind him and hit his side, maybe his back.

Discord was still next to Fluttershy. "Are you sure that you're ok? What happened earlier was rather scary." He worried.

Fluttershy waved a hoof, brushing the idea away. "I'll be ok. It could have been a lot worse go help the Princesses!" Discord nodded and teleported to flank Montarion's side

• Brohoof 1

Montarion stood his ground, he suddenly lifted his right arm in the air and shot some sort of energy sphere in the air.

It went really high until it was out of sight.

But he wasn't done as he conjured a barrier to protect himself, and then started gathering up lots of power for something strong.

Jack been lying somewhere on the side the entire time, his soul was still in his body when the ritual had been interrupted, but his entire body still had suffered from the aftermath.

'Ugh... What did he do to me? My body feels ice cold... damn.' Jack thought as he slowly opened his eyes.

'Come on guys, please hold on.' he thought with concern.

• Brohoof 1

Ember jumped back. "Our attacks aren't working for now." She shouted at Luna and Discord. The two nodded and moved away from each other the ponies where spaced out so if there was an explosion only one would get hurt,

Fluttershy had been hiding since Discord started to fight again. "What's he doing..." She said to herself worried.

• Brohoof 1

Montarion smirked.

"It is time to get some results." he said flatly as he suddenly shot out a beam from his hands.

It impacted straight at Discord, as lots of energies suddenly started to fill his body.

"You shall do just fine." Montarion said with a smile.

Discord's body started to make very loud cries, but the cries were not coming from Discord himself, but straight from the source where the energies were coming from.

He was trying to drag Discord's soul straight out of his body, using the same method he tried on Jack before.

Discord was using all his strength to keep his soul in his body.

Celestia and Luna both flinched, While ember ran forward shouting at Montarion "Hey! What did I say about taking peoples Soul!" She swung at his chest with her axe.

Fluttershy was watching the events too scared to do anything. She started to feel something deep down however.

• Brohoof 1

Montarion growled angrily when Ember's axe suddenly went straight into his chest.

He frowned when he noticed the huge wound in his chest, and he was still occupied with performing his attack.

"You stay out of this dragon." Montarion said as he kicked on the ground with his right foot, tentacles of purple energy suddenly shot out behind Ember, attacking her via a surprise attack.

Seeing as his attacker was distracted, Montarion put, even more, power into the attack that was plaguing Discord.

"Your time in this realm is over. You wo-" Montarion's words were suddenly interrupted as something jumped on his back.

"You won't be feeding his soul!! Not if I have anything to say in it!!" Jack roared.

"And what are you going to do about it? Your heart is starting to falter at this point." Montarion said with a grin.

"You want someone's soul? You can have mine, but I will be taking you with me!!" Jack shouted as he started to focus all of his magic straight through his body.

"By performing a kamikaze technique? The only thing you will succeed in doing is just wasting your life on nothing, you know better than that." Montarion said flatly.

"You think I am bluffing? JUST WATCH ME!!" Jack said he was in such a rage that he could not think clearly beyond destroying Montarion in any way possible.

Despite almost dying from the cold, Jack's fury was pushing his body to new heights.

After Ember took the Kick she dropped the axe leaving the blade in his chest. When the tentacles shot at he she drew a knife that was hidden in her armor.

There was a spark in Fluttershy's eyes as everything clicked, What Jack had said, all the screams and the attack it's self... He was trying to devour Discord's soul something he would have done to her had the others not shown up. "You act like you are trying to help but making things worse" She said in her moment of realization. That's when Fluttershy's inner fire sparked to life.

Luna ran over to Stop Jack "S... Slow yourself we still need you here Jack. That's why we're fighting him now." In between Luna and Jack a hint of yellow dashed by both of them.

Fluttershy Dashed to the hilt of Ember's axe she grabbed it and ,struggling to wield it properly slashed at montarion aiming for the shoulders. Even through all her anger she still wanted to show him mercy.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"But what am I good for?! So far I have been nothing but a liability, you were all forced to set your lives on the line because of me"

"All I wanted during my life was to have a caring family who would comfort me in these times, but in the end, everyone starts to die while I am being left behind, forced to suffer through it all. And I cannot let that happen here. I rather die for all you then that I have to endure even more death to loved ones, the feeling of you all dying one by one is something I cannot bear!" Jack said as he was building up more magic.

"My father would risk this and so will I, it is only proper." he said with tears.

Montarion meanwhile was starting to get annoyed by the constant interferences, his shoulder, one of the tentacles attacked her from the ground.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

Luna looked at jack upset with him. "Jack. A family doesn't have to be blood related as long as you care for them and they care just as much back. You have that Jack. A family here in Equestria. Me, My sister Maple and her family plus others." She smiled

Fluttershy saw the tentacle and did and spin in the air, Ember's axe cutting through it easily She knew she had to stop his spell she bucked Montarion's arms trying to force him to stop his spell. She turned to face him with the axe "I won't let you take anyone away." She flipped and swung the axe downward at his chest. "Leave my family alone!" When she did the gemstone in the axe that sat in the center of it's blades glowed a light blue and the axe, during the swing, crackled with lightning 

Ember looked at it what just happened "Fluttershy! H... How did you activate that gemstone?!" Fluttershy was too busy to hear her though

• Brohoof 1

Jack's eyes widened at that remark.

His feelings were telling him to continue this act upon Montarion with every right, but he actually decided to listen to Luna.

"You are right." he said with defeat.

He eventually let Montarion go with his ice cold hands, falling down from him.

Montarion had a bit of trouble keeping the axe away so he cancelled out his attack and started using his powers to push the axe back with all his might.

Though his body was suffering heavily from the damage, Montarion was able to resist regardless as it turned into a tug of war.

Fluttershy's will to fight had faded drastically since she realized he wasn't going to give up. She let go of the axe getting blown back by Montarion's magic the axe landing a good ways away from her. She stood up and look at Montarion "P... Please just end this senseless violence. No one... No one needs to get hurt." She touched her element of kindness which she still had on her. "I promise I won't let anyone else hurt you."

Ember was still amazed For a pony that was scared of her own shadow I gotta admit, She's tough.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Montarion looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Me? From what I remember you were all so eager to attack me from every side? Besides, I still do not have what I want." He said with a scowl.

Fell to the ground with a loud thud. "Guys, could you please at least help before I constantly face plant myself into these stone floors? They are not exactly made out of cushions." Jack said with a groan as he looked at his hand

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

"I didn't mean..." She paused and stared over "I didn't want to attack you Mr. Soulshaper I just panicked when you betrayed me. And then when you tried to take Discord's soul I felt like I just..." She thought of Maple and her will to protect everything she loved. "I felt like I had to do something." She started crying "I'm sorry."

Ember and Celestia had the same thought Welp she's back to normal. Celestia walked over to Ember "Perhaps she should keep that. You have a bunch of weapons on you anyways."

"Does she really want it. I mean she's so... pacifistic." Ember said very confused

Luna walked over helping jack up without using her magic. "You ok? We imagine your soul being seperated from your body either hurts or just feels really bad."

• Brohoof 1

"I can't say I really am, Whatever powers he used on me, it is really bad, it feels like I had managed to sleep through an ice age. Just feel my hand." Jack set as he held it up.

"I apologize for my certain actions, but I am bound by certain tradition that i am forced to follow, and it did not help that your friends started to attack me because i was planning on keeping my attacks nonlethal, but you see how much mess that turned out." Montarion said.

"You aren't forced to do anything!" She Yelled, thorough tears as she yanked off the Element of Kindness "I... I could have just agreed with my friends those 20 years ago and helped them turn Discord back into stone. But even though being a element of harmony was something I was destined to follow I gave Discord a chance.

After feeling how cold Jack was Luna waved ember over. Who breathed a bit of fire onto her knife warming it "Here kid, Just hold it It'll keep you warmer than Just sitting there." As she held it close to Jack he could already feel the red hot blades heat. "Careful though it touches you it burns." Ember got up and brought her axe over to Fluttershy Dropping it by her. "Keep it. I have more."

Fluttershy wasn't sure want to say. Eventually saying "Thank you but I have no use for it. Please Montarion just stand up for yourself. I... I may not know why you do these things but destiny isn't set in stone. It's up to you!" Discord was about to wipe him off the face of equestria but hearing Fluttershy so determined waited to see what was gonna happen.

• Brohoof 1

"I wish that was true Fluttershy, but the moment I joined the Bloodcult I signed a contract that would bound me for eternity. Because behind all this boundless and mutation, there is something that many prefer, power, this powers makes even the weakest of entities grow into powerful beings"

"And after all, such power is necessary to survive, Valtrek is still out there, stronger then ever, which means some have to step up and take these risk, even if they do come at the price of having to devourer other's souls for their master, it is a method that works in this life, because in the end we will be standing when everything else falters." He said with admiration."

Jack snuggled up close to Luna while keeping the blade close at a safe distance from them.

He quickly looked away when he met Montarion's gaze, he was still afraid from those very eyes that had destroyed his psyche before.

"Here he is speaking of power and he almost lost to possibly the most gentle pony in equestria" Discord said to himself laughing. Fluttershy smacked him "Ow. Geez I was only kidding!" He said Upset and hurt.

Fluttershy walked closer to Montarion "There's more to life than power Montarion, Love, Happiness, Friendship and Peace. I work really hard to achieve those things and... She glanced at discord "I may not be the strongest pony I know when I can't stand up alone I have someone who can pick me up and help me reach greater heights." After getting close enough She shyly held out a hoof  "Even you said that everybody needs a friend!"

Luna noticed Jack was scared she laid down next to Him "It's alright Jack you're safe with your family."

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

Montarion smiled. "You have a heart Fluttershy, something that surpasses most that I have met during my travels, your kindness is something that many could learn off."

"This whole endeavour is not meant as a personal attack to all you, but rather something which I was forced to, refusing means in my own demise, which i rather not let happen."

He held Fluttershy's hoof.

"I won't forget your deeds, all of you will be in my memories, but when the time is right, i will aid you in your defence someday, you have my word." Montarion said as he walked away.

"Hey Luna, could I perhaps sleep with you instead? I am just getting too scared by all these endeavours, getting abducted by an assassin, getting plagued from an inside out daemon and almost getting my soul ripped away... It's just too much for me." 

The result was not what Fluttershy expect but it was really close She smiled "T... Thank you Mr. Soulshaper."

Discord walked over and picked up fluttershy "Good job Fluttershy! You're amazing."

Fluttershy blushed because of the complement "Oh it really wasn't much. Even some of the most evil people deserve a chance at friendship! Most of the time it turns them into much nicer people like you Discord."

Luna nodded "We agree to that. Don't worry Jack we'll keep you safe." She picked him up with her hooves "Come! Now we must drift away into the night!"

Ember pretended to gag "Blech, All this lovey dovey stuff is so gross." She said rolling her eyes "That's why I'm usually not around you ponies."

Come now Ember "We ponies try to mean a lot to each other like how much your subjects mean to you as a leader but a lot more in comparison."

• Brohoof 1

"Don't worry Ember, I know someone who you could go very well along with, though the question is if he still can manage to come here." Jack said before falling asleep.

Montarion had overheard Jack's word before walking off.

'I can make that a reality.' he thought with a grin.

Fluttershy picked up Ember's axe resting it on her wings. Ember smiled and walked over "You're actually keeping it. Here let me do something with it real quick." Ember put the axe in it's holder and put the strap around fluttershy tightening it to fit her properly. "Come on Let's go train you with it."

"B... But I don't want to fight." Fluttershy said scared.

Discord put his talons on Embers shoulder pad. "Perhaps you could do that later. Alright?"

Ember sighed "Fine but Fluttershy you're only current method of self defense is kindness you're gonna need a bit more than that." Ember left ,a bit hurt, to go train.

Luna set Jack down in her bed and covered him with her blanket afterwards she laid down on the bed and went to sleep.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The assassin quickly teleported away as the fire was coming towards them.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jack was sometimes moving a bit and occasionally muttering in his sleep, the cold having being reduced quite a lot than before.

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

Maple looked up "Are we Good!" She yelled to her brother.

Woody looked at Treasured he was on the ground alive but barely. "Looks like we're ok over here Maple." He said through magic.

"D... Don't count me out yet!" he said firing a blast at woody. It stunned him with a constant electric shock. "I'm taking you with..." Moonshadows blade pierced his chest. "...Me?" He collapsed and his body grew cold. When he died the spell on woody went away.

"Ok! NOW we're good Maple." He repeated.

Flurry was scared. She was searching for the assassins energy source but couldn't find it "What do we do now Maple? Run?"

"We've won here Flurry I know that assassins not coming back for now. We should get you to your father in canterlot." She spread her wings hurting the one that was wounded earlier. She reluctantly decided to walk. "Let's go say hi to the guys."

• Brohoof 1

Jack eventually wake woke up in the morning.

'I haven't slept so good in very long time, or rather, I haven't slept so good ever before.' he thought.

'But still, there is something that really makes me curious, was it true what Montarion said? Did my father really store knowledge in my head?

How does that even work? Because if it is, aren't i supposed to know it? It is all one big mystery." Jack thought.