Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP FiM Claymation: Song Choice

Z.J.A.

(edited)

Yes I have been posting a lot about this, but I just need your help for one final thing.

I'm planning to make a music video of a MLP FiM song. It must be no longer than 1 minute, and it must be able to be done with only one pony made from scratch. (I can't use toys because they're not really that poseable, so toys could only been done with a character that isn't really moving too much.) You will see the options above. If you feel I have forgotten a song or portion of a song that could work for this, quote this post, and write the song below. Thanks so much! I really want this to turn out amazing!

If you'd like to see my other posts on the subject:

http://mlpforums.com...fim-claymation/

http://mlpforums.com...-making-my-own/

If you have any ideas for the claymation, you can post them on this thread, inbox me about them, or post them on one of my other threads listed above. Thanks! :)

I am going to begin work on story boards for the RD solo tonight. If I don't think it's going to work out, I'll let you guys know and I'll switch it to the second place song based on the two poll's added together. It would be really helpful if someone knew where I could download the song and video of At the Gala, either the full song or just the Rainbow Dash portion. Found it. Thanks.

Okay guys, turns out that I can't do the RD solo in a reasonable way. So, I'm going to do So Many Wonders and Hush Now Quiet Now. (Both will be reasonably easy compared to the RD solo and both only need Fluttershy and some critters/CMC toys and both have second place) Thanks for everyone who voted. I will be collecting a list of all the critters that I need for this. :) Also, I will be getting a blog or tumblr (haven't decided which yet) to post progress about this. I'll also begin story boards for both shortly. Thanks guys :)

For your reference, a list of the songs from Easiest to Hardest

Hush Now Quiet Now: Fluttershy's Part

Evil Entrantress: Fluttershy Guy Version

Evil Entrantress: Pinkie Pie Version

Singing Telegram

Hop Skip and Jump

Cupcake Song

So Many Wonders

At the Gala: Rainbow Dash's Solo

If you'd like to see a recent animation of mine:

http://mlpforums.com...be-stop-motion/

Edited by river_angel

(edited)

I would say at the gala.

It's not too long and it is awesome.

I can't do the full song, it needs all the ponies, and it's over 3 minutes. The RD solo is about all I can handle, unless you meant that in which case, that's about 27 seconds, which is perfect...but it's still the hardest one on the list due to flying and the gala dress. However, it would probably be the most rewarding and I am up for the challenge.

Edited by river_angel

I can't do the full song, it needs all the ponies, and it's over 3 minutes. The RD solo is about all I can handle, unless you meant that in which case, that's about 27 seconds, which is perfect...but it's still the hardest one on the list due to flying and the gala dress.

Yeah, I meant the RD solo.

I don't know jack squat about making these stop motion movies, so I don't know how hard it is to make characters fly.

But if it's possible, I say go for it.

Yeah, I meant the RD solo.

I don't know jack squat about making these stop motion movies, so I don't know how hard it is to make characters fly.

But if it's possible, I say go for it.

I've only done one jump, and that took 10 hours in photoshop afterwards...

• Brohoof 1

I think that the Rainbow verse of At the Gala is the most awesome one, but the most demanding, of course. It falls upon you. It'd be a good project to present, anyway.

I think that the Rainbow verse of At the Gala is the most awesome one, but the most demanding, of course. It falls upon you. It'd be a good project to present, anyway.

It'd take story boards, and I wouldn't be able to do it like in the at the gala video. RD would need too outfits, (Wonder Bolt one and Gala one). But yeah, it might be possible, it also might not be...

Posted Image

Rainbow Dash always dresses in style! (8)

Sorry, couldn't help it :3

Oh god, nightmares...

Can't you have some sort of armature to hold the ponies during jumps and whatnot, and greenscreen it out?

That's what I actually do. You just have to green screen it out in every single frame, which is what takes forever.

That's what I actually do. You just have to green screen it out in every single frame, which is what takes forever.

Well, from my short stop motion experience, I find that using string to make things fly works, the only problem is the wonkiness.

Song choice? are you open to fan songs?

(edited)

Well, from my short stop motion experience, I find that using string to make things fly works, the only problem is the wonkiness.

Song choice? are you open to fan songs?

Exactly why I don't use strings to make things fly. In the past I have used exclusively very dense supports. Because I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to stopmotion...

I'm not open to fan songs because I'd really like to do something from the actual show. However, after I have done some from the actual show, I may be open to fan songs.

Edited by river_angel

I'm not open to fan songs because I'd really like to do something from the actual show. However, after I have done some from the actual show, I may be open to fan songs.

I'm thinking 'Love is in Bloom', it is short and one of my favourite songs of all time.

(edited)

I'm thinking 'Love is in Bloom', it is short and one of my favourite songs of all time.

It is one minute and 53 seconds. The longest stop motion I've done before this project is 26 seconds. At some point, I will tackle something longer, but for my first pony song I'd like to do something less than a minute so it can be good. It also can't exactly be done with only Twilight. However, "Love is in Bloom" is a good song and I may do it at some point.

Edited by river_angel

It is one minute and 53 seconds. The longest stop motion I've done before this project is 26 seconds. At some point, I will tackle something longer, but for my first pony song I'd like to do something less than a minute so it can be good. It also can't exactly be done with only Twilight. However, "Love is in Bloom" is a good song and I may do it at some point.

Why not try the MLP opening song? That is under a minute.

Why not try the MLP opening song? That is under a minute.

That needs more than one pony to do properly. But thanks for all the help. I apologize for putting down every idea you have, because they are all good ideas, except for one little thing for the most part. You can look at the list in the poll if you wish, of songs I think I could feasibly do. Thanks so much for helping out and brainstorming for me: I really appreciate it. :)

That needs more than one pony to do properly. But thanks for all the help. I apologize for putting down every idea you have, because they are all good ideas, except for one little thing for the most part. You can look at the list in the poll if you wish, of songs I think I could feasibly do. Thanks so much for helping out and brainstorming for me: I really appreciate it. :)

No problem. I didn't notice the poll, it never seems to load for the first time, but thanks for pointing that out.

No problem. I didn't notice the poll, it never seems to load for the first time, but thanks for pointing that out.

It's cool. :) It really looks like people want to see at the gala...which is by far the hardest one on the list. But I'm totally willing to give it a try, and once I have a rainbow dash pony, all I need is a fluttershy pony, and some critters to do the song from May the Best Pet Win, which is one of my favorite songs in the whole show.

• 4 weeks later...

I just pop around here because I'm interested in knowing how're you doing :3

It's going okay. I have a Fluttershy armature partway finished, at this point. Everything is taking much longer than expected.