Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Antigone

HunterTSN

Kyros walked up to his quarters to see how his two dear mares were doing. Aimi was on rested on his couch while Alexis was spinning in his swivel chair for his desk. Kyros heard some yelling comming from the outside, he figured that Lockhart had decided to try to "prove himself". He figured that Lemony had straightened him out though.

((Aimi and Alexis are two mares that I guess Kyros has in his quarters. I wasn't going to add them in because I think that would kind of be like god-modding if Kyros had two mares just in his quarters waiting for his presence. But TheOnlyBadgerChild wrote them in so just don't aknowledge them much unless you think it would be good for the story line.))

Ratchet didn't like disobeying Kyros, but greeting the new recruits was a little too social for him to handle. He was sure that the newbies would make it on deck in one piece. He got so wrapped up in his thoughts he didn't notice the recruit as he barreled into him. "Ouch sorry," he said and held out his hoof. My name is Ratchet, I believe your name is... Lockhart, is that right?"

(Sorry my internet was broken until just now)

"Whats with everybody bumping into me today?" He mumbled under his breath "You are correct! I'm Lockhart, one of the new recruits" "You must be Ratchet, the person who ran into me" He grinned, extending a hand hoof.

Ratchet went to shake his hoof when he noticed the steel armband around Lockhart's leg. "Jeez kid, why are you hauling those around, with them on board we'llbe lucky to even get in the air much less go anywhere!"

Ratchet stepped back and let the the metal brace hit the floor and deadpanned as the deck splintered and cracked. "Yeah I would say at least thirty pounds each, maybe more. That is plenty heavy in my book."

Kyros threw the door to his quarters and stuck his head out. He heard the the deck's wood split, "What was that?!" He was tired of unwanted surprises. First the unexpected approach of the new recruits, then notebook in an are not tor someone of his position to be, and now whatever that noise was.

(edited)

"It's made of steel and ways as much as a five-year-old. I can guarantee you, it's fine" Ratchet called back as he walked towards the engine rooms.

Edited by thesteampunkninja

Kyros followed Ratchet down to the engin room. When Ratchet noticed him, Kyros told him, "Mr.Ratchet, when I ask you a question the expected reply is the answer. Now I heard a crack outside, what was that?"

"Yes captain, I didn't hear you. It was one of the recruits, he insists on wearing those bands around his legs and it would seem he dropped one. Shall I have someone fix the deck sir?"

suddenly a pony unknown to ratchet walked up to him "hi there you must be the engineer i was told all the recruits were supposed to come here, oh sorry i forgot to introduce my self im striker"

(edited)

Ratchet turned at the unexpected entry. "Yes I am the engineer around here, but I believe you might have gotten informed by a faulty source. The engine rooms should be off limits to the recruits unless an emergency or command from the captain or lieutenant. I believe the recruits were supposed to head down to the hammocks and get acquainted with the ship until captain calls for roll."

Edited by thesteampunkninja

"Ratchet, and that's what everyone calls me too. You had probably leave soon, captain tends to get angry when you step out of line, especially when your new."

"oh i not really new i just never really got promoted... ever, i was assigned to come and protect the ship because of pirates. well anyway nice meeting you." with that striker galloped towards the hammock room

((striker wasn't part of the origional crew, that's why he's a recruit. And what pirates?))

Kyros walked next to Ratchet, "Did that 'Striker' even notice me standing right here? Oh well, yes have that hole in the deck taken care of right away. As I will have that recruit with the useless braces taken care of. And as for that 'Striker' Ratchet, Well, I don't like him much." he then briskly trotted out of the engin room and out to the deck. He looked for Lockhart.

Lemony Snickers was back in her kitchen, preparing for the oncoming welcome banquet for new recruits and passengers. Everything seemed alright and in good order. The sandwiches were at the front of the line. The slightly overcooked potatoes were a little farther o and the stew, her piece de resistance rested in the middle of the food line. Drinks were on their own separate table; water, tea and the one pitcher of lemonade that remained. In the kitchen were three cups of lemonade she had reserved for herself, Ratchet and the Captain.

Eilwen scanned the docks for a ship that looked like it would take on passengers. she spotted one that looked sturdy and called to who she guessed was the captain. "excuse me sir, where's this ship headed?"

Suddenly, an orange colt with black hair came tumbling toward Striker and Ratchet, he was clearly rushing something

"OMG, SORRY I'M LATE, DON'T FIRE ME"

When he saw that there was no immediate threat of anything, he managed to slow down and realize how stupid he must of looked back there. He tried speaking in between huge gasps for breath:

"... So... Hello... Again..."