Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Emotion is magic!

PaganPony

(edited)

Okay, so first let me say that I just spent all weekend at Comicpalooza in Houston. I went to almost every single brony panel that was hosted by the Houston Brony Group (an amazing group of people that organize events and brony meetups in the Houston area and such).

Being there with other bronies, from as young as six to as old as fifty, male and female, all races, one big family... we just had so much fun together. Talking and being with them all was effortless and comfortable and amazing. We sung MLP Karaoke together, talked about the show, watched PMVs together, had a quiz game together, and made friends with each other immediately.

When I came home today (the last day of the convention), I just looked at all of the pictures and started re-watching episodes of MLP. After that, I just looked at the Houston Brony Group page on Facebook, and searched things that bronies have done in my community and elsewhere, charities that have been run, amazing events that have been held, lives that have been changed by something so innocent and pure, a cartoon about ponies... and all of a sudden I just broke down into tears. Partly of happiness, and partly because of sadness because my weekend with the HBG and my new friends was over.

And they kept going and going and going. And they're still going.

One of the guys in the HBG brought up a point that, things are becoming so much gorier and edgier and dark in the media, the internet, etc... that people are reaching out for things like MLP. Beautiful, innocent, wholesome things that bring people together, not in darkness or fear, but friendship and happiness.

I can't help but smile when I hear Pinkie's smile song. I really think about the lessons that every episode teaches and how it applies to my life. I see the good qualities that every pony has in my own friends and myself.

I deal with depression, self harm, anxiety...

But all it takes is something so simple, like My Little Pony, to make me forget about all of that... and remind me that there is good in the world. That friendship is a real thing, happiness is infectious...

I don't know, maybe I've just had a big exciting weekend, maybe I'm just weird, maybe it's just PMS! Lol!

I just want to tell everyone that... well, you all have something to offer to the world, just like every pony in the show. A special talent that no one else has... even if it's just being a friend to people or sharing a smile, being generous, being loyal, honest, kind, or bringing magic to the world through whatever you do.

I am so proud to be part of this group... it's more than a fandom or an internet meme. We're one big spectacular family. Love you guys!

:)

~Emily

Edited by PaganPony
  • Brohoof 11

There's just too much here for me too comment on every single positive aspect of your post, amazing.

One of my favorite qualities of the show: it has so much emotional power inside it, to capture more of an audience that one would think, and spread our love and kindness (a trait that Internet users sometimes don't particularly think of), and become absolutely the best supported and supportive fanbase out there!

The good power comes in the show is the positivity and happiness of the characters, mostly demonstrated in Pinkie's smile song, this show could work miracles, especially with mental diseases, or even just mere common depression!

The show, the crew, and the fanbase will work together and teach the whole world what love and tolerance really mean, and how this show could make everypony's lives a lot better!

• Brohoof 1

That is part of the reason I consider MLP fan base one of the best all of you are just so loving and accepting

it really brightens up my day to see that there is still some kindness in our world.

This is a brilliant statement of My Little Pony. I've always thought of the show for fun and laughter only and that not much more can come of the show. I see that it's much more than that. The actually shows the qualities of friendship in the show that not much people realise but dismisses it as a stupid statement. You sir have shown how the episodes show the everyday beauty of life and makes me proud to see there is such a show. Eventhough it's a show initially targeted for small girls. People like you are awesome. Showing the meaning of the show through it's meaning and not the colours or graphics. The awesomeness of the show is beyond what anyone see's. Makes me feel better about being an awesome brony now!

Posted Image

Sweet post man!!!! Nothing much for me to say, really, your post about summed up everything that is great about MLP and our fandom in general!!! :)