Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pearl Flake (OC)

Hey Its Beanie

Name: Pearl Flake

Type: Earth Pony

Talent: Conchologist (studies seashells)

Likes: Ocean, marine animals, seashells, ice cream, summer, and her pet shrimp|

Dislikes: Cold, apple cider, pineapples, scary movies, litterbugs

Allergies: Fur 

Description

Coat:
Light gray

Eyes: Very light pink

Mane: Sugar cube white

Cutie Mark: A fan of three different colored seashells (coral, blue, and purple) with a white pearl in the middle.

Job/Position: Associate at a gift shop called "
The Shrimp Shack"

Dreams/Background

Pearl Flake looks up to her mother, whom is a marine biologist for a research facility. Growing up coast to coast, and raised by the vast oceans of Equestria, Pearl aspires to one day take on an important role that will preserve the habitat of many sea creatures - which is also home to a neighboring species, the Sea Ponies. In the meantime, she makes due on the shores as a shack clerk. Pearl often dreams of adventure, and has a habit of collecting a variety of seashells that she finds on the shore (both big and small). She has a pet
shrimp name Tiny, whom she adores and spoils.

-
This is my OC, Pearl Flake, so far! I'm interested in your thoughts.
If there are any critiques of the sort, or anything that needs expansion, don't hold back.

• Brohoof 1

Awww I like her a lot! I would want to hang out with her. I love seashells. I would want to see her collection.

I suggest a LITTLE more color in her to make her pop. Some pale blue or pale coral streaks or something in her mane would look great I think.

And instead of the pink eyes, maybe tie her cutiemark into her design more and use the purple of one of the shells for her eyes. OR... have the purple AND pink, since pony eyes tend to have a gradient of two colors.

EDIT: Also it would be helpful if you describe what style her mane and tail have. Straight, curly, long, short, stuff like that.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
44 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Awww I like her a lot! I would want to hang out with her. I love seashells. I would want to see her collection.

I suggest a LITTLE more color in her to make her pop. Some pale blue or pale coral streaks or something in her mane would look great I think.

And instead of the pink eyes, maybe tie her cutiemark into her design more and use the purple of one of the shells for her eyes. OR... have the purple AND pink, since pony eyes tend to have a gradient of two colors.

EDIT: Also it would be helpful if you describe what style her mane and tail have. Straight, curly, long, short, stuff like that.

Thank you, thank you! 

I tried my best to make her stand out. I know that she is missing something, and I expand a little bit more on her description in the role-play sheets. Just can't put my finger on whaaaaaaaat. lol 

Thanks for the suggestions!

Edited by Hey Its Beanie