Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sports Drew Brees Retires

ZiggWheelsManning

Well football ponies, we knew this day would come:(  

Drew Brees, NFL's all-time leading passer, retires (yahoo.com)

Two decades of throwing the ball in the NFL and 9 playoff wins, Drew Brees has now called it a career.  Retiring from football to commit to his family.  Entering the 2001 NFL Draft.  Playing for the San Diego Chargers and finally the :sunbutt:New Orleans Saints, :mlp_yeehaa:winning a lone Super Bowl championship for the latter in the 2009 NFL season.  Given all the heroics he’s made winning against :wau:all 32 teams, achieving 80,358 career yards and 571 career touchdowns, so many heroics.  Unlike some big clunky donning the number 7:stressed: jersey wearing :mlp_wat:"leader of men" NFL quarterback :bea:in Pittsburgh who doesn’t :okiedokieloki:know when to quit.  The New Orleans Saints :sunny:won’t be the same without him.  It’s proudB) and sad:( he’s hanging up the heroic number 9 jersey and walking away from the game for good. 

Drew Brees was on the cover of my favorite Madden (11), and that's really all I have to say about that. He was a pretty good player, but it was obvious that he was starting to show his age and I think it was time.

13 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Unlike some big clunky donning the number 7

For a minute I thought you were talking about Taysom Hill, which I guess would make sense, he isn't exactly starter material and doesn't really deserve the contract he's getting.