Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need help naming my (first!!!) pony-sona TAT

mggywthr

Hello! I am very barely in this community but I’m slowly getting more into it, and I recently decided I wanted to make a true-to-me ponysona (I’ve made pretty much one other OC, but she isn’t much like me, so take two!).

To tell the truth, I can't figure out how to add photos from mobile, so until I get that sorted, we will have to work off of description. 

My sona is a 20 year old unicorn mare. She has a short pale blonde mane, purple/ pink eyes, and a sage green coat dappled with a slight dashes green.

Her special talent in outside-the-box problem solving—she's really creative, and sometimes her solutions either backfire or are more trouble then they're worth, but when it all comes together it's magical.

in spirit of this jack of all trades skill, her cutie mark is two overlapping (simplified) jack of hearts cards. (There are also repeating heart motifs in some of the dappling spots).

once again, when I can link an image I will jump on that, but hopefully that helps for now.

since it’s just a sona she doesn’t really have a story, but if I had to give her one she’d probably just be a background citizen of ponyville 

i think I’ve got the hard part down of making a sona, but I’m having a hard time coming up with a name. I kind of want a punny one, but I’m open to outliers. Some words I tried to take inspiration from (and failed lol) are clever, quick witted, nimble, as well as words relating to cards or the color green

any and all help is much appreciated, and I’m sorry if any of the formatting is weird—between typing on an iPad and this being my first post, it could be a bit wonky lol

• Brohoof 1

Well, names are rather personal. Maybe merging or sneaking your own nickname into your sona's own?

For example "Starry" sounds like my own nickname, and that's why a lot of my friends call me that. It's like a merge of my OC's name and my own. Either way, it depends on the personality she has. Maybe a name to match? Mystical? Serious? Feminine? Masculine? Both? 

Here are some name generators that may be of help

https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/my-little-pony-names.php

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Patriotic Brony 42 said:

How about Verdant somethint, like Verdant Luck?

I always loved the name Verdant! I remember stupidly thinking that was an ex friend's OC's name ROFL and being farrrrr offf from it @Sir Hugsalottruly shows how out of the loop and naive I truly was XD

It just depends on whether or not the OC is plant related XD

12 hours ago, Silky said:

I always loved the name Verdant! I remember stupidly thinking that was an ex friend's OC's name ROFL and being farrrrr offf from it @Sir Hugsalottruly shows how out of the loop and naive I truly was XD

It just depends on whether or not the OC is plant related XD

..... Verdante..... 🤔....