Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Videogame Glitches

StarburstRainbow

Yeah wanted too start a topic like this for a long time, and I gotta know. What are some of y'all favorite game breaking or fun glitches too do? For me for starters it's the Backwards Long jump (BLJ for short) in Super Mario 64 that allows you too bypass the 50 and 70 star doors too reach Bowser in the Sky.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

No idea what caused this glitch but it freaked me out for sure.

I was playing Perfect Dark the level War specifically and it was right the part where you cross the bridge area...

Out in the middle of sky area a Mayan was floating in a Jesus pose cross pose.

I tried to shoot it but nothing happened. 

scariest glitch I've seen.

I had another one in KOTOR 2 the sith lords.

I was in the last tomb on Koriban and when I found the dead Jedi area.

The one with the infinite HSSSSISSS creature glitch.

Anyways, the "dead" Jedi wasn't on ground but was in fact standing upright and doing the idle NPC animation action. You know looking around and kind of watching my character.

There was no dialogue with him as when I clicked on him it just did the original infinite experience glitch.

Overall, minus dialogue you would easily mistaken the "dead" Jedi for just another NPC. 

• Brohoof 1

Skyrim will always be a crowning jewel of these for me.

1. If You press specific key in a shopping screen You can sell merchant's items to them, get paid for it and even Your speech skill will go up. 

2. When merchant runs out of money/doesn't have what you wish to buy you can just drop a quick save, do a falcon punch, reload the game and their entire inventory reloads. Why? Because it just works.

3. Not necessarily a glitch, but the enchantment/alchemy loop that allows creating weapons with enough damage to destroy the universe itself definitely was NOT planned. 

And these are just a few :laugh:

14 hours ago, Star heart 777 said:

I had another one in KOTOR 2 the sith lords.

I was in the last tomb on Koriban and when I found the dead Jedi area.

The one with the infinite HSSSSISSS creature glitch.

Anyways, the "dead" Jedi wasn't on ground but was in fact standing upright and doing the idle NPC animation action. You know looking around and kind of watching my character.

There was no dialogue with him as when I clicked on him it just did the original infinite experience glitch.

Overall, minus dialogue you would easily mistaken the "dead" Jedi for just another NPC. 

Ahh, the famous infinite exp glitch xD But tbh KOTOR 2 is so broken, builds-wise that it's actually really difficult to make a bad character in that game. 

• Brohoof 1

Dark Cloud PS2 is chock full of glitches, probably because it's the first game to be released for that console. One of these is the broken dagger glitch - it's a glitch item that, if you attach it to a weapon, instantly maxes out its stats and lets you evolve your weapons faster. Only if you're not a fan of the grindfest that is zooming in and out of dungeons. You can even sell them for thousands more gold than by grinding alone. 

There's a Youtube channel (pokemonfan4000) that explains all this and more for both the PS2 and PS4 versions.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There's a glitch in Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005) on PC where you can skip past the next boss if you click the "Continue" button on the very right of it after you beat any boss (before selecting reward cards). No idea why it does this but everything progresses perfectly fine but you just have to grind more cash and bounty.

Edited by Trot Souffle
clarification

Reload dashing in New Vegas is one of my favorites. Which is where reloading a specific gun, opening the in-game inventory, and then unequipping the gun as it's reloaded causes the player character to be flung forward at light speed. It's used in speedruns sometimes and is generally just really goofy because it only happens with revolvers and repeaters. Bethesda game engines are such a marvel for weird glitches in general.

One time in Shinobi on PS2 the Spider-tiger boss and Hotsuma died at the exact same time because I had just made the final cut to kill the boss one second before the cursed sword was eating my last bit of health.

Basically, in that game you HAVE to feed your sword enemy yin to keep the sword meter full or the sword starts eating at your health...

anyways, I was holding my breath and crossing my fingers because when I say exactly at the same time I mean BOTH the boss and MC were at the "fading away" stages so it was impossible to tell if the game would say I died or won.

But I guess the game was feeling generous and I then officially beat the level 

Not a glitch per say more an oversight on the game development team but in Sonic Adventure 2 at least on the Dreamcast version in the Shadow level White Jingle it is literally impossible to collect all the rings as some of them exist WELL beyond the sight and reach of the player. 

They were discovered by hackers and modders using codes to allow access to out of bounds areas and there is an entire area of rings, speed boost ramps and one speed jump ramp. No physical floor exists in the area and all the enemies, objects and rings exist floating in the area.

it is about I wanna say 50 feet over to the right and 10-15 feet above from one of the earliest loops you approach. Again WAY out of your line of sight much less access to.