Sims 4 vs Sims 3

River wisp

I know a lot of people really disliked the sims 4 when it first came out, but it’s had a bit of a resurgence in recent times due to younger generations taking a liking to it. Personally, I much prefer sims 3, with a better design and more manageable characters. What do y’all think? After all this time which one holds up better?

• Brohoof 2

"All kingdoms are destined to fall!"

vyletcom.webp.972d3632767e76d5558e2748e68852e2.webp

• 2 weeks later...

The Sims 4, cos I been playing it alot last year, like somewhere in 2021 til mid of 2022 cos update screw up my Sims 4 game data. I was annoyed alot of hate on the game, cos I played it alot and loved it, guess people played the Sims 3 alot, same with Sims 2. Miss playing The Sims 4 as I played alot and miss seeing these characters but updated that mess up My sims give me chance playing other games.

• Brohoof 1

Proud British Brony

The Sims 3 is the better game. Open world added so much to the game and made me get used to managing different sims on different lots. The Sims 4 fails hard by not only reversing back from open world, but also regressing back to The Sims 1 in terms of neighborhoods being set in number and placement of lots. And of course, eight years in, there is still no create a world. The Sims 4 is so limited, it's pathetic.

One thing that The Sims 4 has gradually been better about is sexual orientation and gender identity/expression. You can finally have sims set to be straight, gay, or bi (or ace? I forget). The added gender expression options means that all clothing and such are available for every sim. That may seem small, but this is a life sim game so it is a pretty major.

I'm afraid I did end up coming to The Sims 4, and for the most shallowest of reasons... Seasons. Aesthetically, The Sims 4 did a great job with winter (snow depth aside, that was a bad failure)... Something that always bothered me about The Sims 3 Seasons. Winter aesthetic is so important to me because I love winter IRL and to see no visual detail be put into it aside from bare trees and snow makes me sad. The Sims 3 had flowering bushes and green grass in the middle of the winter. Lame. The Sims 4 Seasons, to my complete and utter shock (because TS4 has been a very low-detail game) got it right:

Cv0ISyD.jpg

Embarrassingly enough this most shallow of reasons got me playing the game.

• Brohoof 2

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

I was kind of disappointed with The Sims 4. With the loss of the open world, it just felt a lot less immersive, like a step backwards when it should have been a step forward.

• Brohoof 1

Friendship isn't always easy. But it's definitely worth fighting for.

Twilight Sparkle is Best Pony!

Imo: Sims 3 was a better and more entertaining game. BUT it also ran really bad for me. To the point where it was painful to play it with like all the expansions. I haven't really played 3 since 4 came out for that reason. Sims 4 runs a lot better but obviously sacrifices a lot of the gameplay and customization elements that made 3 so much fun. Sims 3 with Sims 4 performance and the QoL changes like the new social system would be a perfect game.

1688011602589297.png.895617a26d9ad95396f01be743553b79.png

Tbh The Sims 2 is my all time favorite. Out of 3 and 4 though I definitely prefer 3.

• Brohoof 1

Untitled.jpg.dc23eadfbda4ab52e60143e3d8efe756.jpg
*On Wednesdays We Wear Pink And Betray The Organization*

• 10 months later...

SIMS 3 in my opition I really like that people are starting to play sims3 again,It was way ahead of its time with the open world and the color wheel, I love it soo much and I especially like the combo of mlp and sims3 I even have yt channel about it :mlp_yeehaa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYlf0hxdjnQ

Here are some pics  

Snímka obrazovky 2024-06-06 202809.png

Snímka obrazovky 2024-06-06 201543.png

Snímka obrazovky 2024-06-06 203135.png

Snímka obrazovky 2024-06-06 202901.png

Snímka obrazovky 2024-06-06 202709.png

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sims 4 is a crashgrab, they have too many expensive DLC's and keep releasing more. It's free but not worth it, so I'd say go for Sims 3.

• Brohoof 2

*totally not up to any shenanigans* :ithastolookpretty:

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer The Sims 3 because my favorite aspect of The Sims is customization. I need to have access to the full color wheel and the sliders for all facial features if I'm gonna have any fun. The Sims 4 is cool, I like that outfits aren't locked to just one gender, and the other inclusive features they've added are excellent, but they've also kind of stripped down the stuff that was appealing to me about The Sims to begin with. I also find it really frustrating how expensive all the additional stuff is, and how content that would have existed in a single expansion pack for The Sims 3 gets divided up between several expansion packs for The Sims 4. So, even though I've bought and played The Sims 4, I still prefer The Sims 3.

• Brohoof 1

Hi! Wanna know more about me? Check out my Pronouns.page!

(edited)

Need to stop reading people's comment on dislike/negative comment to the Sims 4, and compare The SIms 3 cos it's open worlds.maybe I started playing The SIms 4 cos we had it free and I enjoyed it. Maybe I get The Sims 3 and see what the fuss about it.

There a the Sims Youtuber that have alot of hate on The Sims 4 that it p*** me off, I know everyone havw dislike on things like game that hate is way too much.

Edited by BritishBrony2012

Proud British Brony