Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your end of the year goals?

GodlyWolf

So my question is simple. What are you all aspiring for in the short term?

For me it's building myself up (physically and mentally) more than I already have.

Let's hear so answers.

• Brohoof 1

By the end of the year I want to have my gf completely swooned to the fandom (already well on the way!) ;)

Some more practical goals include continuing to advance and hone my skills as a developer and continuing to improve myself internally :)

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Figure out some sort of different psych med combination that works better and has less side effects.

Write another kinda long (10k+ words) story.

Maybe go visit my friend a couple hours away? I think that’s about it honestly.

What kind of story's do you like to write?

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, GodlyWolf82 said:

What kind of story's do you like to write?

Slice of life and adventure type stories :3. I usually write fanfics just because there’s already an existing audience so it’s easier to get eyes on whatever I write.

11 minutes ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Slice of life and adventure type stories :3. I usually write fanfics just because there’s already an existing audience so it’s easier to get eyes on whatever I write.

Not for me it isn't lol. My favorite type of fanfic to write are cross overs (kingdom hearts style). People don't typically like to read something that has new characters or places they simply don't know or understand, which honestly baffles me. Guess I'm just an odd duck that likes new or added or newly created ideas lol.

Forgot to quote that :squee:

Edited by GodlyWolf82

15 minutes ago, Envy said:

Moving by the end of this year is no longer feasible, I suppose, so my goal is now to just BEGIN the moving process.

Yeah, it's I big step and process. It took selling off 1/3 to almost 1/2 my stuff, after saving.

But that's because I drove 4 days from California to Mississippi. Almost completely across the states lol.

Fortunately, the home sickness has not affected me much since I already got use to that back in the Army when they stationed me in Vilseck Germany.

You got this:coco:

Heh, if you want, I'll even send a new home welcoming gift to a P.O. box of your choosing, when finally find your new home:PIPPIPHURRAY:.

Getting over my crippling fear of death. I never used to have bad death anxiety before. So getting over that by the end of the year is top goal so I can go back to enjoying my life.

3 minutes ago, Clawdeen said:

Getting over my crippling fear of death. I never used to have bad death anxiety before. So getting over that by the end of the year is top goal so I can go back to enjoying my life.

Sad truth is I went through the same fear unfortunately at way to young of an age. I was in fifth grade when that happened and my belief is that it was caused by my constant nightmares I always had. I was tough even at that age and kept it secret from everyone, including my parents and I eventually came to the conclusion that death is inevitable. It's sad, but eventually it does come for all of us. 

My advice is to surround yourself with friends as often as you can. Do things that make you smile and feel happy. Be with and there for family.

A fear is only as strong as the attention you put into it.

I use to fear alot of things in life. 

This is just my advice and and should be taken only as you see fit. It's what helped me. 

But only you know you, so I do hoped you find your answers and a solution.

And I'm here for you if you ever need to get something off your chest:Pip-giggle:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, GodlyWolf82 said:

Sad truth is I went through the same fear unfortunately at way to young of an age. I was in fifth grade when that happened and my belief is that it was caused by my constant nightmares I always had. I was tough even at that age and kept it secret from everyone, including my parents and I eventually came to the conclusion that death is inevitable. It's sad, but eventually it does come for all of us. 

My advice is to surround yourself with friends as often as you can. Do things that make you smile and feel happy. Be with and there for family.

A fear is only as strong as the attention you put into it.

I use to fear alot of things in life. 

This is just my advice and and should be taken only as you see fit. It's what helped me. 

But only you know you, so I do hoped you find your answers and a solution.

And I'm here for you if you ever need to get something off your chest:Pip-giggle:

That is quite young. I didn’t really comprehend death until I was in middle school. From then to my mid 20s I had no fear of dying at all. I actually looked forward to it in a way. 

Thank you!

Edited by Clawdeen

7 minutes ago, Clawdeen said:

That is quite young. I didn’t really comprehend death until I was in middle school. From then to my mid 20s I had no fear of dying at all. I actually looked forward to it in a way. 

Thank you!

Funny, I had the nightmares almost everyday for months on end. None of them ever truly the same.

It actually got to the point where they stopped scaring me and I actually looked forward to them because I treated them more like a thrill ride. It's weird how each and every mind can process something and change the way you look at or see something. 

That and I wound up writing some of those nightmare that stuck with me down as stories in a journal 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, GodlyWolf82 said:

Funny, I had the nightmares almost everyday for months on end. None of them ever truly the same.

It actually got to the point where they stopped scaring me and I actually looked forward to them because I treated them more like a thrill ride. It's weird how each and every mind can process something and change the way you look at or see something. 

That’s really cool you were able to change the way you viewed your nightmares. I need to try that with some of the ones I get. The choking\can’t breathe nightmares really get me lol.

• Brohoof 1

I have a few goals:

First, to eventually transition to a new career. I have been told  that others would love to stay in a position like mine for life, but it's been the complete opposite experience for me. I want to keep on growing and have started a cybersecurity course the other day. I'm making slow progress, but I'm making progress nonetheless.

My second goal would be to lose some more weight. I gained way too much over the past few years after struggling with some depression after my sister passed away. I'm need to get even more serious about this as I don't ever want to go back. I'm meeting with a nutritionist and getting more stuff done. I've lost weight before. I'll do it again and really stay there permanently.

Third, I would like to brush up more on my second language, so I bought some books and found some good youtube channels to brush up on things.

4 hours ago, Clawdeen said:
1 hour ago, StarlightNyars said:

I have a few goals:

First, to eventually transition to a new career. I have been told  that others would love to stay in a position like mine for life, but it's been the complete opposite experience for me. I want to keep on growing and have started a cybersecurity course the other day. I'm making slow progress, but I'm making progress nonetheless.

My second goal would be to lose some more weight. I gained way too much over the past few years after struggling with some depression after my sister passed away. I'm need to get even more serious about this as I don't ever want to go back. I'm meeting with a nutritionist and getting more stuff done. I've lost weight before. I'll do it again and really stay there permanently.

Third, I would like to brush up more on my second language, so I bought some books and found some good youtube channels to brush up on things.

A) What's the position you currently work? I'm a little curious about that.

B ) Atleast you're talking up the challenge to loose some weight. Most people these days feel defeated and hopeless after the first week and don't see results. I admit that some find it harder than others. But honestly alot of if is simply patience and consistency. That and watching the calories you intake. 

C) Nice, I find learning new languages to be pretty fun, English is my first language,  but I do know some Spanish and German. Also just a little bit of Russian.

19 minutes ago, GodlyWolf82 said:

A) What's the position you currently work? I'm a little curious about that.

Basically I have my own book of business where I manage some assigned accounts and others that I can get by working an an account executive. Some are large and very well known providers of healthcare, banking, etc. Sometimes I work on projects where we work with millions in volume to process the client's products. What sucks at times is that even if I get a large project for the company, I get a tiny cut($100 bucks for bringing upwards to 2 million worth of volume from the client). So motivation to get them more business is not worth the headache.

Most of the time, I'm at the office, other times, I'm going out to see clients for business/take them out on lunch and much more. If there are any discrepancies with the client's account, I'm usually the first person everyone will contact. My work provides me with my own equipment to use at home. What sucks is that my work used to offer work from home, however they took that off so that we can be at the office more. It ended up making morale worse just so that they can have more "control" of us. That and I get contacted outside of regular business hours a lot. I'm salaried and the pay is decent, but I get contacted by work and the client outside of normal hours quite often. I'm still expected to respond so its pretty annoying. I usually have a cut off point from where I turn off notifications and refuse to take any calls.

B ) Atleast you're talking up the challenge to loose some weight. Most people these days feel defeated and hopeless after the first week and don't see results. I admit that some find it harder than others. But honestly alot of if is simply patience and consistency. That and watching the calories you intake. 

Yeah, it's not easy as I came from a not so great background where we never had much and had some moments where I starved, so once i started to make a lot more money I told myself that I wouldn't starve again. However, it ended up with me gaining a lot of weight with stress and other issues.

C) Nice, I find learning new languages to be pretty fun, English is my first language,  but I do know some Spanish and German. Also just a little bit of Russian

English is my first language. I want to brush up on my Spanish as it's my second language and I recall testing at an intermediate level a long time ago. I used to know some very basic Swedish, but that was a long time ago.

Edited by StarlightNyars
DETAILS

1 minute ago, Twitchy-Tremor said:

Well I don’t really have any. I should loose weight but that’ll be my New Year’s resolution. :pip-err:

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:BornAgainBrony:

New years resolutions are notorious for never lasting:(

Just star walking a half mile or mile, whatever works for you and up it when it starts to feel too easy. Also pop some headphones in and jam away on the walk. It helps loads. Do i need to show up and drag you out?

:mlp_yeehaa:last part was me joking of course 

4 minutes ago, GodlyWolf82 said:

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:BornAgainBrony:

New years resolutions are notorious for never lasting:(

Just star walking a half mile or mile, whatever works for you and up it when it starts to feel too easy. Also pop some headphones in and jam away on the walk. It helps loads. Do i need to show up and drag you out?

:mlp_yeehaa:last part was me joking of course 

I guess you’re right. I run around outside with my dog for a bit everyday but what I really need is to not eat so many sweets. :awwthanks:
I have a serious problem with sweets I literally get jitters when I don’t have sugar for to long. 

2 minutes ago, Twitchy-Tremor said:

I guess you’re right. I run around outside with my dog for a bit everyday but what I really need is to not eat so many sweets. :awwthanks:
I have a serious problem with sweets I literally get jitters when I don’t have sugar for to long. 

Hmmmmm, have you tried substituting sweets with fruits? Like strawberries, watermelon, etc? It might be easier said than done.

I use to eat candy bars all the time, but I never got the jitters when cutting them off.

Maybe don't quite cold turkey, just eat less and slowly wing sweets off the menu. 

Sugar in of itself isn't bad in smaller quantities. Candy and sweets tend to have artificial sugar which is scientific lying proven to be bad for you. 

Just trying to help and it's totally up to you whether you try this or not. 

I don't want to mislead you on this :squee:

21 minutes ago, GodlyWolf82 said:

Hmmmmm, have you tried substituting sweets with fruits? Like strawberries, watermelon, etc? It might be easier said than done.

I use to eat candy bars all the time, but I never got the jitters when cutting them off.

Maybe don't quite cold turkey, just eat less and slowly wing sweets off the menu. 

Sugar in of itself isn't bad in smaller quantities. Candy and sweets tend to have artificial sugar which is scientific lying proven to be bad for you. 

Just trying to help and it's totally up to you whether you try this or not. 

I don't want to mislead you on this :squee:

I’ll probably try eating less and less. It’s just kinda hard having sweets in the house but I really appreciate you caring enough to try to help. I really do appreciate it. :awwthanks:

On 2023-09-03 at 9:06 AM, GodlyWolf82 said:

Yeah, it's I big step and process. It took selling off 1/3 to almost 1/2 my stuff, after saving.

But that's because I drove 4 days from California to Mississippi. Almost completely across the states lol.

Fortunately, the home sickness has not affected me much since I already got use to that back in the Army when they stationed me in Vilseck Germany.

You got this:coco:

Heh, if you want, I'll even send a new home welcoming gift to a P.O. box of your choosing, when finally find your new home:PIPPIPHURRAY:.

Nearly 1/2 of your stuff? Noooo!! I can't give up my stuff! Fortunately for me, my parents have a house where some things can remain instead of trying to fit everything I own into what will be a studio apartment or one bedroom apartment at most.

I do anticipate home sickness, much like I still miss and dream about the apartment I had years ago. But I have dreamed of living in the Northeast for two decades or more, and the situation in my current state makes it untenable for me to remain here, so any homesickness I may feel will just have to be. Change is necessary in this situation.

I appreciate the thought but there's no way I'll be able to afford a PO Box. lol

Yeah I had to sale off some of my stuff because the landlord sold off the house before I was ready.

I'm always here for you if you need anything :PIPPIPHURRAY:

15 minutes ago, Envy said:

Nearly 1/2 of your stuff? Noooo!! I can't give up my stuff! Fortunately for me, my parents have a house where some things can remain instead of trying to fit everything I own into what will be a studio apartment or one bedroom apartment at most.

I do anticipate home sickness, much like I still miss and dream about the apartment I had years ago. But I have dreamed of living in the Northeast for two decades or more, and the situation in my current state makes it untenable for me to remain here, so any homesickness I may feel will just have to be. Change is necessary in this situation.

I appreciate the thought but there's no way I'll be able to afford a PO Box. lol

Yeah I had to sale off some of my stuff because the landlord sold off the house before I was ready.

I'm always here for you if you need anything :PIPPIPHURRAY: