• Secrets of Starlight
    • Other

My top 5 would have to be...

5. The Manesquerade Ball 

4. Have You Seen This Dragon?

3. Secrets of Starlight

2. Missing the Mark

1. Roots of All Evil (both parts)

There were so many episodes I thought were awesome, but that is my top 5 from the episodes listed. 

• Brohoof 3

11 hours ago, Misty Shadow said:

There were so many episodes I thought were awesome, but that is my top 5 from the episodes listed. 

I agree, it wasn't easy to choose a top 5. BTW, you don't have to choose just from the poll, the episodes I listed in the poll are the episodes I thought were the most popular ones but if you liked others more you can mention them. 

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...
(edited)

I was going to make this thread but I see I got beat to the punch. So I’ll post my favorite episodes here! Wonder if there’s one for TYT episodes.

5. Portrait of a Princess - definitely the best chapter 2 episode. Pipp and Zipp are absolutely adorable and their sibling dynamics are so relatable here. Ali-conned gets an honorable mention, it would be my 6th favorite episode, below this one but still pretty good.

4. Sunny Side Up - I can’t pinpoint why but I love this episode. I feel like it’s just about the best slice of life episode MYM had. Sunny and Hitch running a baking show was so cute.

3. Roots of All Evil pt 2 - This was a great end to the Opaline arc with Misty completing her redemption arc and overcoming her past trauma. The best of the more adventure or action focused episodes by far.

2. Family Trees pt 2 - The three episode run of Family Trees 1 and 2 followed by Father of the Bridlewood is peak MYM. I think they focus on what G5 has done the best which is slice of life character focused stories. With Misty especially. I’s not a coincidence my top 2 episodes focused primarily on her. I genuinely teared up a bit when Misty finally got reunited with her dad. I’m not as fond of Family Trees Pt 1 as I am 2 but it deserves an honorable mention as well.

1. Father of the Bridlewood - Realistically you could swap this and 2, they’re neck and neck with each other. Alphabittle being excited to have his daughter back just to slowly realize just how much Misty has changed and grown. Misty continuing to struggle with her identity and sense of belonging. That scene where Misty’s crying at home after the slam poetry fiasco, followed by Alphabittle coming to talk to her was done so, so well. It’s seriously stuck with me ever since I first watched the episode. I so wish MYM was still going on, with TYT’s shorter format I don’t know if we’ll ever see an emotional episode like this :(

Edited by Iforgotmybrain
Wrong chapter. I always forget chapter 1 is the self titled episode only.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 2024-05-05 at 12:16 AM, Iforgotmybrain said:

I was going to make this thread but I see I got beat to the punch. So I’ll post my favorite episodes here! Wonder if there’s one for TYT episodes.

5. Portrait of a Princess - definitely the best chapter 1 episode. Pipp and Zipp are absolutely adorable and their sibling dynamics are so relatable here. Ali-conned gets an honorable mention, it would be my 6th favorite episode, below this one but still pretty good.

4. Sunny Side Up - I can’t pinpoint why but I love this episode. I feel like it’s just about the best slice of life episode MYM had. Sunny and Hitch running a baking show was so cute.

3. Roots of All Evil pt 2 - This was a great end to the Opaline arc with Misty completing her redemption arc and overcoming her past trauma. The best of the more adventure or action focused episodes by far.

2. Family Trees pt 2 - The three episode run of Family Trees 1 and 2 followed by Father of the Bridlewood is peak MYM. I think they focus on what G5 has done the best which is slice of life character focused stories. With Misty especially. I’s not a coincidence my top 2 episodes focused primarily on her. I genuinely teared up a bit when Misty finally got reunited with her dad. I’m not as fond of Family Trees Pt 1 as I am 2 but it deserves an honorable mention as well.

1. Father of the Bridlewood - Realistically you could swap this and 2, they’re neck and neck with each other. Alphabittle being excited to have his daughter back just to slowly realize just how much Misty has changed and grown. Misty continuing to struggle with her identity and sense of belonging. That scene where Misty’s crying at home after the slam poetry fiasco, followed by Alphabittle coming to talk to her was done so, so well. It’s seriously stuck with me ever since I first watched the episode. I so wish MYM was still going on, with TYT’s shorter format I don’t know if we’ll ever see an emotional episode like this :(

These are some great choices! I'm not as in love with Portrait of a Princess as some people, but it's still a classic. It's from Chapter 2, not Chapter 1 though. :cheeky-smile: Love how you give an honorable mention to Ali-Conned despite how I wouldn't put it that high, terribly underrated episode that so many completely miss the point of. :Sunny-huh: Also like how Father of the Bridlewood is higher than Family Trees. Not my all-time favorite episode, but it is my favorite Chapter 5 episode besides the C5 finale. OnyxEmoteForum.png.8b6a419e60e062fe0df4228c669d5bda.png 

Edited by Misty Shadow
Minor edit.
  • Brohoof 1