S02:EP18 - Sleepover!!

Misty Shadow

New TYT today, it's another episode with Posey! :cheeky-smile:

It's not at all like MYM's sleepover episode, this one is basically just about the group having a party with Posey and it is a party to behold! Thoroughly entertaining, bursting with energy, not a single part I didn't smile at! :PIPPIPHURRAY:

Episodes Since Comet's Last Appearance: 19

It's also an episode where Comet being absent makes sense since even Hitch was absent in this one. Would've loved a gag though showing what a sleepover with Hitch and Comet would be like. :coolandhip:

• Brohoof 2
  • Excited 1

What a pleasant surprise this was! Posey is one of my favorite ponies from G5, so I really enjoyed this fun little episode. Posey's presence in the series is a reminder that every pony, no matter how different or shy, has a role to play and something valuable to contribute. Posey’s character resonates with those who may see a bit of themselves in her—those who might be cautious or introverted but are still capable of great things when it counts. Misty was absolutely adorable throughout as well! It was such a nice treat to watch after a long day.

• Brohoof 4

Much better than the last episode. I’m glad Posey is continuing to get screen time, she’s a really underrated side character imo. She definitely pulled a card out of Rarity’s book with all those supplies. Hopefully we see Jazz Hooves in an episode again sometime soon as well.

On a semi-related note. Watching this episode after watching some other kids shows has made me really appreciate the G5 VAs. Not to say that those other shows had bad voice acting, I just don’t think the VAs put in quite the same energy the G5 cast does. Especially AJ Bridel, she’s such a star.

Also, this is probably the Evangelion fan in me talking, but I swear the Crystal Brighthouse has to have the soul of Sunny’s mom in it or something, right? Like she’s the one controlling all the magic stuff that’s happening. Maybe that’s a crackpot theory but I’m sticking to it for now.

• Brohoof 3

While this episode didn't touch on the Allura or Skyros stuff, I still enjoyed it a lot. I feel like they put a little extra effort into the song sequence, and they used pretty much the whole song which was cool. There were a lot of fun animation poses and some nice camera movement even. Also, I actually really like the energy of the chorus a lot (though the "Jammies" line is a bit much for me lol).

Lastly, I love that Posey is getting more attention as I really enjoy her character. I do like that she's being developed/reformed, but I just hope they don't completely drop her being a curmudgeon, because I find it endearing.

I do wish they'd do more main plot-based stuff though...

• Hugs 2