Let's talk.

RZ2287

Now I'm relatively new to the brony community, only been around since around last December.

But in that time, I've spent a long while learning everything there is to know about our favorite magical equine learning about values of friendship tv show, and its various iterations throughout the years, with the 80s being home to g1, g2 having the 90s (doesnt have a show), g3 in the 2000s, which fun fact, my birthdate is only 5 days after g3's initial release of december 8th 2003, everyones favorite, g4, dominating the 2010s, and finally so far g5, which has had a bit of a rocky start and a split fanbase, now g5 for me was off the table for the longest time. Acknowledging the dislike from the fandom, i distanced myself from the youngest, but overtime exposing myself to a bit more and more of what g5 has to offer. Knowing the bare minimum from the first movie, i liked what i seen, much to other peoples...different tastes, so after a while, I've thought about starting to watch g5 in its entirety the same way I've done for previous generations.

And if you want a summary of what i know about each generations show in nutshell here it is!

G1: the very start of it all, not exactly having its footing, open to experimenting and started off with a bang with the pilot showcasing tirac (yes i spelled that right) who is a precursor to tirek of g4, tirac had a similar goal to nightmare moon of g4.

G2: Fredbear does not exist. Spring bonnie does not exist. He does not exist. He does not exist. He does not exist. He does not exist. He does not ex-

G3: Generation 3 was a bit of a hit or miss, often times being on the unbearable side and typically what most outside fandoms view g4 to be, gotta admit i love the background music.

G4: and here's arguably the golden child of hasbro, lauren faust worked on the pilot of the show before taking the wheel of the show up until season 3(?) Feel free to correct me, until hasbro said "thank you for the horses, but we'll take it from here now, mine now sister YOINK." 

G5: a bit of a juxtaposition from prior generation shows, except probably mlp tales from g1, in a modern day setting, complete with country wide cross communication cellular devices and gen alpha brainrot soon! 

But enough about what is established set in stone and perserved in museums, how do I feel about that you may ask?

I like it. You wont find me often hating something without checking it out first, and going based on a handful of episodes is like being on the 5ft end of the pool, but as soon as i explored the icebergs, i slipped and fell into the the bootes void.

This lead me to reach out to others in the fandom, to make the journey feel less...alone, even from what i know, there's still a lot to learn here, so multiple dreams came up of me reaching to said fandom, to socialize, to make friends, annnd they all ended the same, i got bullied cause i didn't have a pony sona but a human one, and i was pushed away in said dream, you all owe me an apology for something out of your control and me being paranoid.

Jokes aside, im more open now to looking for others who loves this series as much as i do, and so i reach out to you all, albeit not individually, I'd be here all day 

If you liked what you read and wanna be friends, talk, have discussions, or even just socialize one on one (talking, they're all talking) then you know where to find me, i might make more posts going in depth about my experiences like this one.

Come talk to me if you have the time and the patience to listen to me ramble like an old man on a rocking chair facing an open field.

Ps. If you have any questions, you know what to do, see you on the flipside everypony.

• Brohoof 1

Wow. I like to chat and make new friends, but this post is so detailed but so general so I don't even know where to start. :Sunny-huh:

It's OK to have no ponysona. Half of my friends here have none. :jazz-hooves-please:

If you want to make some friends just do the classic: select a prey pony you like and say "Hello, new friend!" :D

P.S. New Generation movie rocks!

Edited by Captain Salty Scribbles

I only saw the first g5 movie and i think i tried to watch like the first episode and just couldnt get into it like i got into g4....... but i keep hearing people really like it but ehh I am just really unsure about it... i feel like i should give it a second chance and maybe i will someday..... buttttttttt YA i am all in for g4 LOL 

28 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

This sounds like a great conversation!
But it actually belongs in Sugercube Corner, not in General Discussion. Allow me to move it for you. :squee:

Thanks chief, will note for future use

• Hugs 1