Pleading to Hasbro about reconsidering cancelling MLP G5

Afif

With the impending cancelation of MLP G5 upon us. Many beloved fans, including myself, are worried and anxious that we may no longer get to see more G5 content. Our beloved characters, the story building, and the expectations of what's more to see in the new generation are going to be thrown into the trash all because of Hasbro's incompetency for not even giving the series much credit. This is yet another example of a great show being poorly exploited by the production crew and they give up on it all too easily. It saddened me when I heard the news and I am starting to hate Hasbro and the production crew for their weak resolve to continue the series. Throughout its running, the G5 series has been going extraordinarily well. Sure there might have been inconsistencies and a few flaws but that's what makes it a great series and what makes it its own entirely new incarnation of the MLP franchise. It doesn't have to follow the same formula as the previous series, just add a little twist. Many Brony and MLP fans who have watched the show will know that there's so much more potential to be had to keep the series going longer as it did with G4, Friendship is Magic. There are still many things that we fans wanted to see more of the lore-building in G5 and Hasbro decided to end it abruptly without a proper send-off is an outrage. After a long run of introducing us to the addition of the MLP franchise, bringing us suspense, making us fall in love with the new characters roster, and having us intrigued by what has happened between G4 and G5, all just to cancel it out of the blue like that. It just seems wrong to me. I personally have grown fond of the new characters, particularly Sunny Starscout. I want to know more about the Starscout code, why is their mission is about finding and bringing back magic, what is their origin, and what it had to do with them so immersed in Equestria's history during Twilight's reign. So many potentials for this series to be developed and yet Hasbro decided to end it by leaving unanswered questions. Whatever the reason for Hasbro's cancelation of G5 and not giving a proper explanation as to why is like throwing a fist full of salt into the wound.

How is it that they think this series is a bust compared to what did for G4? I find this unacceptable. Therefore I am deeming to protest Hasbro about canceling G5 and letting it run a little longer. Fans are expecting to see more of our beloved G5 ponies explore more of Equestria and that expectation would be crushed if we do not act now. We should at least reach out to Hasbro. Complain to them to not cancel G5. At least had them explain to us what their reason is for canceling the series. Is boring? Do they lack vision, need to give their production crew a break, or worse G5 haters spreading hate for the series? Whatever the reason, we must do something to prevent it from happening. Please my friends, my fellow MLP fans. Let us at least reach out to Hasbro and have them continue running the G5 series or at least plead with them to give us a proper explanation for their cancelation. This means a lot to me. I hate to say goodbye to G5 so soon now that I have grown to love the incarnation. Having it disappear so abruptly will make me feel uneasy and I don't know how can I go through with it. Hasbro has been keeping us in the dark about their update and news, and they always drop a bomb like this on us. To me, that is a sign of a lack of caring for the series they make and creating distrust among fans. So I am open to suggestions about how we can resolve this and hopefully, we can convince them about not canceling or at least continue in a sort of reboot. Please, to all MLP Fans, help a fellow Brony out and show your love of G5.

new post from my little pony.jpeg

fb2580a2-c9bf-4198-8117-102da74e0870.jpeg

I even hand-etched the Unity Crystal symbol to a blank dog tag to show my love and support for G5 to remind me of Friendship and Unity. Having the series getting canceled is going to ruin me.

b6bd2766-3172-4c5a-8a22-0a1fce65a131.jpeg

On 2024-10-13 at 3:39 AM, Brainstorm said:

It would be cool seeing them explore more parts of Equestria and see Spike again

Indeed, and he just may be the key of knowing Equestria's past. Should the Mane 6 are still curious to know more about it's history, surely there's no better mentor such as Spike who has seen it all.

• Brohoof 1

As much as I want G5 to keep going, the biggest problem is the lack of direction in terms of storyline. They felt too out of place and inconsistent, especially when you consider the overall continuity after FiM. A New Generation was great, but once it became MYM, the first few episodes were okay... but it sadly started to fall flat afterwards. Sure we got Twilight, but she was more in her normal self than her fully-fledged Alicorn self. And Spike... yeah, he looks like a fully-grown Spyro and it just felt incredibly off. Wasn't he burly in The Last Problem while still short?

I tried to like G5, for both MYM and TYT. I really do. But the hype really wasn't there at all. And Hasbro's lack of communication to their fans have shown. And the many fans that had previously enjoyed G4 have long since moved on to much different things, likely having lost interest with MLP. Of course, there's a few who chose to stay and contribute to the fandom, but over time, the franchise has been on a gradual decline, and instead of drawing in new fans, Hasbro is driving them away. Why? Well, G5 was supposed to be the continuation of G4, and Hasbro completely fumbled it altogether. And as much as I want to like G5... its very difficult for me to get myself immersed into it if there's no clear storyline to it, and the continuity felt really out of place. There's a few episodes that were good, but after that it was all downhill from there. Either the episodes felt awfully rushed with no context, or they just felt generic at best. And Sunny Starscout being an alicorn right from the get-go felt WAY too rushed.

Until Hasbro can right the ship and start showing consistencies, and maybe either fix the continuity or ditch it altogether to make it a new thing, I'm afraid it's inevitable and both MYM and TYT will prematurely end, all because of Habsro's questionable decisions. You can deny it as you wish, but both of the shows are losing more and more viewers, and its unfortunate demise is on the horizon. Sorry, but its the truth. We all have to move on, and Hasbro hasn't been the same ever since.

• Brohoof 1

On 2024-10-17 at 11:29 AM, Afif said:

Indeed, and he just may be the key of knowing Equestria's past. Should the Mane 6 are still curious to know more about it's history, surely there's no better mentor such as Spike who has seen it all.

I agree.

I've been giving it some thought, and I have to say I have some concerns about G5 of My Little Pony. As a long-time fan, I miss the depth and charm of characters like Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash from G4. G5 seems to be trying to recapture that magic, but it falls short in some ways. One thing that made G4 special was its themes of friendship and teamwork, which resonated with viewers of all ages. I feel like G5 is missing that heart and depth. Additionally, while the animation style in G5 looks more modern, it lacks the unique flair that made G4 so special. It seems like G5 is aimed more at a younger audience, which could be confusing for long-time fans who loved the original series. As a fan, I believe that sometimes it's better to end on a high note than to keep going when it feels off.

• Brohoof 1

Untitled10_20241026123310.png.6a7bbe3c62877691433498631427f347.png