Discussion About The Mane Six

QUQYAX

I always wanted to talk about this topic but no one wants to have the discussion 

In my opinion the Mane Six are spoiled and were handed everything in a silver platter 

Hear me out here is why I think that 

The Mane Six never have to worry about bills or if they can afford food or not ect they never had a regular job (like fast food, retailer ect) and they will never have to since they were chosen to be the elements of harmony at a young age and they don't have to worry about not having friends since they have each other and have whole of Equestria wanting to be their friend I guarantee you that they can walk outside and go up to a random pony and become friends with them

The thing that makes me a bit annoyed that I bet they will never spare their time to try to become friends with a pony who has no friends or is lonely 

also I just want to point this out if they meet a pony (stallion or mare) like Fluttershy (I meant the really really shy Fluttershy in the earlier seasons) I bet you they wouldn't help them out or become friends with them Screenshot_20241024-203545_Photos.thumb.jpg.a29cff19defacb30107765e416237926.jpg

that is why I think the Mane Six are spoiled and was handed everything on a silver platter 

I imagine many will disagree, I will say in fairness that at a glance some things might seem as you say, being a fun cartoon it's not really priority #1to fully flesh out a work life for the characters because for the most part that'd just not be very entertaining to watch and granted the girls are only seen eating a handful of times throughout the show.

Things need to happen to and around our mane characters otherwise there wouldn't have been enough story to tell for the shows 9 season run :twi: and yes that does mean the writers bestowing certain things upon them which might seem rushed, cheesy or even unearned, and while none of the mane 6 appear to have worked a fast food job specifically I don't think it has been so easy for them, Rarity definitely has worked retail. Rarity and Applejack work especially hard for what they have, not much silver platter about that.

Rarity no doubt makes the most money out of the mane 6 selling her fashion products across two? boutiques,

Applejack up second with profits from very hard work on the apple farm,

Fluttershy works as a veterinarian which one must assume isn't totally voluntarily, I bet she does make money from ponies bringing in sick or injured pets,

Pinkie Pie works as a party planner and entertainer as well as helping the Cakes run their shop.

Rainbow Dash more than likely makes money being a Wonderbolt but before that I'm not sure she had any form of income,

Twilight I'm going to imagine has an allowance while being a full time student, perhaps some sort of government support? definitely the strongest case for your argument.

With a pinch of head cannon an income can be accounted for all of them though it does vary how much, there is also just the matter that in the land of Equestria work simply doesn't account for as much of a ponies day or week compared to how we live our lives and the ponies can spend a lot more time having fun, I feel like the work lives of the mane 6 are pretty ordinary in universe when you look at other ponies, I don't think many work the sort of 9-5 we expect, especially not in Ponyville, that or most episodes are set on a weekend haha.

As for the making friends part, perhaps you are right in some ways, its hard to be friends with everyone you meet, we all have a limit, and it is likely that friendship with some ponies isn't really viable for whatever reasons though I insist that you are wrong in the conviction that they wouldn't try to help, I have no doubt that the mane 6 would try to cheer up and help any pony that felt lonely down a path to feel better and offer guidance to try and make some friends of their own :grin:

Nobody owes anybody friendship, only a common courtesy is to be expected.

• Brohoof 1

beans

7 hours ago, SnooOOOoOoOoOow said:

I imagine many will disagree, I will say in fairness that at a glance some things might seem as you say, being a fun cartoon it's not really priority #1to fully flesh out a work life for the characters because for the most part that'd just not be very entertaining to watch and granted the girls are only seen eating a handful of times throughout the show.

Things need to happen to and around our mane characters otherwise there wouldn't have been enough story to tell for the shows 9 season run :twi: and yes that does mean the writers bestowing certain things upon them which might seem rushed, cheesy or even unearned, and while none of the mane 6 appear to have worked a fast food job specifically I don't think it has been so easy for them, Rarity definitely has worked retail. Rarity and Applejack work especially hard for what they have, not much silver platter about that.

Rarity no doubt makes the most money out of the mane 6 selling her fashion products across two? boutiques,

Applejack up second with profits from very hard work on the apple farm,

Fluttershy works as a veterinarian which one must assume isn't totally voluntarily, I bet she does make money from ponies bringing in sick or injured pets,

Pinkie Pie works as a party planner and entertainer as well as helping the Cakes run their shop.

Rainbow Dash more than likely makes money being a Wonderbolt but before that I'm not sure she had any form of income,

Twilight I'm going to imagine has an allowance while being a full time student, perhaps some sort of government support? definitely the strongest case for your argument.

With a pinch of head cannon an income can be accounted for all of them though it does vary how much, there is also just the matter that in the land of Equestria work simply doesn't account for as much of a ponies day or week compared to how we live our lives and the ponies can spend a lot more time having fun, I feel like the work lives of the mane 6 are pretty ordinary in universe when you look at other ponies, I don't think many work the sort of 9-5 we expect, especially not in Ponyville, that or most episodes are set on a weekend haha.

As for the making friends part, perhaps you are right in some ways, its hard to be friends with everyone you meet, we all have a limit, and it is likely that friendship with some ponies isn't really viable for whatever reasons though I insist that you are wrong in the conviction that they wouldn't try to help, I have no doubt that the mane 6 would try to cheer up and help any pony that felt lonely down a path to feel better and offer guidance to try and make some friends of their own :grin:

Nobody owes anybody friendship, only a common courtesy is to be expected.

Hi sorry for the late reply I didn't get a notification 

I agree and disagree with this the show would be boring if intresting things never happen but I would say the episode would be the same quality if the mane six helping ponies out (like lonely ponies and the ones with no friends) 

I have to disagree with this one Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow and Pinkie didn't get handed everything in a silver platter but Twilight and Rarity did 

Twilight lived in Canterlot (I think Canterlot is a expensive city since the princesses live there) and when she was growing up she had a giant library and is the princesses student (after the sonic rainboom) 

Rarity I have no doubt her parents bought her first boutique and bought all the supplies 

I don't think income isn't that must since you can live anywhere you want and could buy a house for cheap and I think places like hayburger or the stands might be a 9-5 (idk)

Pinkie could easily become friends with everyone but the others nope 

I have to disagree with you about the mane six cheering ponies up or guiding them there was a episode (with the cutie mark crusaders and Gabby) there was a sad ponies on a bridge and only Gabby notice him so I'm just going to say I doubt the mane six would cheer or guide ponies 

Screenshot_20241025-181823_YouTube.thumb.jpg.8f21c834df720c0bdbd6788caf22bac1.jpg

Also I think the show only favors mares more then stallions on the friendship topic if the mane six saw a lonely mare they would 100000% become friends with them but not with a stallion look at Starlight she brainwashed ponies and now she is friends even best friends with the princess I bet if it was a stallion they wouldn't forgive as much with Starlight