Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

3D Modelling Metasequoia help

Mayuen

Okay, not so sure I will get any response in this forum over this topic, but this 3D thing is really bothering me so I'm trying everywhere I can think of (and if I put the topic wrong, feel free to move it where you see fit)

Anyway, I'm trying to model my own model in the Japanese 3D program called Metasequoia, and I am pretty much done with the base body. But when I try to convert it into PMDeditor (since I am modelling the model for the program MikuMikuDance) the shading turns out weird.

Here is an example -

Posted Image

So I was wondering if anyone had a clue or a suggestion how I may be able to fix this?

Thank you.

It looks like PMDeditor and Metasequoia have different shading engines.

If you're exporting your model using an OBJ extension, the shader information will not be retained between imports and exports. I don't actually know the precise nature of the problem you're experiencing myself, since my knowledge is exclusively Autodesk Maya.

Doing a brief browse on another site, it doesn't appear that PMDeditor actually has any shading modification, so it's possible that what you see is just a default shader which you can't modify. In which case, the logical step would be to go back to Metasequoia and improve your model so that it looks better in the PMDeditor.

I hope this helped!

It looks like PMDeditor and Metasequoia have different shading engines.

If you're exporting your model using an OBJ extension, the shader information will not be retained between imports and exports. I don't actually know the precise nature of the problem you're experiencing myself, since my knowledge is exclusively Autodesk Maya.

Doing a brief browse on another site, it doesn't appear that PMDeditor actually has any shading modification, so it's possible that what you see is just a default shader which you can't modify. In which case, the logical step would be to go back to Metasequoia and improve your model so that it looks better in the PMDeditor.

I hope this helped!

PMDeditor is a rather basic program yes, but the later versions do have some kind of "shading editing" (maybe not the way you mean, since I am not familiar with any programs other than Metasequoia and PMDeditor) so I will probably just try to fix it with that one and play around some more in Metasequoia.

Thank you for answering!