Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Ponyville

TheBronyHeart

"Well, I guess we could use one for when our first day at work starts. We both have part time jobs at a cafe, and-" Raincloud thought for a moment, "How much do your clocks cost? I don't have any bits with me..."

"Well the cost depends on how extravagant you would like the clock to be, I do have a few simple ones at the store that..." he stopped, going over what she had said, "Wait, bot you and your sister work? That's rather mature for your age, what do your parents do?"

"Well, uh, we kinda live on our own. My mom, well, I'd rather not get too far into that story. My father, I'm not really sure about him, he went missing when I was just a filly. My sister says he went to the 'grocery store', whatever that means."

((OOC:Sorry that I was gone all day.))

Discere let out a long sigh. He had finally finished cleaning out his cottage, a task which he had to admit to himself, was long overdo. Discere went to look at his clock to figure out just how long it had taken him to finish this endeavor. He approached his clock and raised an eyebrow.... 12:05. Either he had worked straight into the next day or his clock was broken, he presumed the latter. It was a simple problem really, for Discere knew that there was a local clock maker in town, problem was that Discere was dangerously low on bits, and he had not found a job yet. Discere again sighed, and headed off towards town to find work.

"Hurm, I see," Grayson could tell there was much more to the story, but he knew that trying to pry would do him no good. "Hey, how about we go back to the store to check out the clock, I've built quite a few. If there's one you like you can take it back to your sister. And don't worry about the price, you can pay me back later, we've honestly got more than enough clocks to spare."

Discere was lost in thought all the way to Ponyville. The way he figured, if he did not find a job this week, he would not be able to pay the money owed on his cottage, let alone get food for himself. Discere cursed himself for not finding a job long before his stache had depleted, but those books were too good to just put down and go run off working. Hopefully someone would have work available.

"Raincloud!" Blue Skies stomped her hoof on the ground, "I was worried sick about you, don't go wandering off like that!" She saw Grayson, "I'm sorry if my little sister was bothering you at all, she's just so naive-"

"I'm not naive!"

"Not now sis. -And goes out on her own a lot."

(edited)

"Well, Asteria insisted I make some friends." Lapis said, hoping it didn't seem as odd as it sounded. "We moved to Ponyville a month ago, and Asteria has been spending much of her time in town. I, myself have spent my time in our cottage. We came to Ponyville in hopes of learning more about the Everfree forest, but my assistant here..." Before he could finish, Asteria cut in. "Lapis, I'm sure you're boring this pony. Please excuse him, he's not used to talking to others. Perhaps you could tell us about yourself?"

"It's alright, he didn't bore me at all. But, yeah, I come from Manehattan and I moved here yesterday... I got tired of living there pretty early, it was too posh for my style. I was here on vacation a year ago and I fell in love with the place, so when I got back from my vacation I took a job as a librarian and a month ago I got enough bits to buy a house here... and well, now I'm looking for some friends..." "What a coincidence, right?" asked Grey. Edited by Mcayon

Discere stopped when he noticed the clock maker, and was about to approach him and inquire about the price of getting his clock fixed when he noticed that he was talking to two young mares, one slightly younger than the other. He decided to wait and be polite.

"Oh there's no need to worry. We just happened to bump into each other and I offered her a clock from the store I work at. She said both of you could use it for when you start at work?" Grayson tried to evaluate this new Pony, she seemed a bit more...brash, than her sister.

(edited)
"So anything new happen?" Snow Flake asked trying to pass the time. "Well there are some new ponies in town, why don't we meet them?" Cherry Blossom replied as she looked at Snow Flake. "Okay, you go meet them first." Snow Flake said. "No, you go meet them first." Cherry Blossom argued. "I'm not good with talking to ponies so you go." Snow Flake argued. "I'm too shy, you're the colt here, you go." Cherry Blossom replied as the young couple kept making themselves excuses. Edited by SnowPegasus

"Oh there's no need to worry. We just happened to bump into each other and I offered her a clock from the store I work at. She said both of you could use it for when you start at work?" Grayson tried to evaluate this new Pony, she seemed a bit more...brash, than her sister.

"Well, yes actually. Our job starts at 6 in the morning and we're not used to waking up at 5 every morning to get ready. An alarm clock would be pretty useful. Also, thank you for talking to Cloud long enough for me to find her." Blue smiled.

A bit more mature as well, he noted, probably helped raise her sister with the parents gone...

"It was no trouble, there's little to worry about in Ponyville and she seems more than capable of taking care of herself. As for the clock, have I got a deal for you. I've got quite a few at the store, for a good price, and if you're a short on bits, just come pay the rest later. You two seem like the trustworthy sort."

Discere couldn't tell if this conversation was going to progress and it was getting late. JOB MONEY FOOD were his top priorities right now. And then he realized that he had some spare herbs that he wasn't going to need, and so he figured he could sell them to snowflake at his store. Snowflake was actually one of the first ponies that Discere met when he had moved in, being that the only valuable commodities that Discere possesed were plant based, and that Snowflake was one of the only ponies in town who would buy such things.

"Well, Lapis loves books! He's really smart too!" Asteria exclaimed, being the excitable pony that she was. "Calm down Asteria. Why don't you go find somepony else to chat with?" the earth pony said, praying to Celestia that Grey wasn't feeling uncomfortable. "Perhaps we could be friends? I'm a bit uncertain as to making friends. I've spent much of my time travelling, researching the world." Lapis Lazuli began feeling nervous. This wasn't really something he usually did.

Meanwhile, Asteria went off on her own. She was a little miffed that Lapis wanted her to go, but she understood that he was nervous and just wanted to try making friends on his own. As she wandered around, she spotted a young couple arguing. "Um, hello? What's the matter? Why are you two arguing? I don't mean to pry, but I don't like to see ponies unhappy." Asteria said as she approached the pair.

The two stared at the pony who was now talking to them. "W-We weren't arguing, we were just, umm..." "We were talking about, uhh... flowers!" The two replied as they tried to smile. "Yeah orchids are the most beautiful flowers ever!" Snow Flake said while smiling. "You really think that orchids are the most beautiful flowers?..." Cherry Blossom replied as she stared lovingly at Snow Flake's eyes. "Not as much as you..." The two ponies completely forgot about their surroundings.

On his way to the herbal store, Discere spotted Snowflake and his Girlfriend cherry Blossom .... talking to somepony he had never seen before. "Great, why is it that everypony I need to talk to is always busy?" he thought to himself. He plopped himself down and waited...

Their reaction surprised Asteria. They seemed like weird ponies, but Asteria could see they were in love. "Um, I'll just be going...." she said, turning around. As she began to walk away, the young unicorn collided with a white earth pony just sitting on the ground. "Oh, my! I'm sorry, I didn't see you there. Why are you just sitting on the ground?"

Discere had just dazed off into another fantasy scenario when all of a sudden he had been knocked over onto the ground by another pony. "umm ouch." he replied calmly and slowly. Discere collected his thoughts and realized that this was the pony that he was waiting for to leave. But now that he was having this 'close encounter', he may as well introduce himself. "Oh, sorry about sitting in your way, are you new to town because I don't think I have seen you around?"

"I definitely think we could be friends, Lapis!" Grey said. "You know, I would also like to know more about the Everfree Forest. Why don't you tell me a little about what you know? But what do you say about going to Sugarcube Corner and tell me there instead?"

((OOC: With that I'm done for the night. (It's about 4 AM here in Sweden) Coeus, feel free to finish this encounter between Grey and Lapis.))

The two ponies saw all the commotion. "Hey look it's Discere, what brings you here?" Snow Flake said as he grabbed Cherry Blossom's hoof and started walking towards them. "Do you have any orchids? I'll pay double for any orchids you have." Snow Flake said as Cherry Blossom just giggled at Snow Flake's generosity.

Discer looked at the new pony "Umm, hang on just a minute." he told her. He looked towards Snow flake and replied "Oh no sorry, I don't have any more orchids. But i did find some of those other herbs you told me to look out for when I cleaned out my cottage. I was actually just looking for you to let you know."

Seeing this as an opportunity discuss his findings, Lapis gladly followed Grey to Sugarcube Corner. ((OOC: I'll just leave those two at Sugarcube Corner))

Asteria dusted herself off. When she saw that the couple from the bench wanted to talk to the earth pony, she backed away, but didn't leave. She just stood there, waiting for him to finish. The earth pony seemed to have a mysterious air about him.

"Well alright then, just bring them to me tomorrow if you're not too busy of course, I'll pay you well for them." Snow Flake said as he went back to Cherry Blossom. "I'm sorry, he doesn't have any orchids." Snow Flake said to Cherry Blossom. "It's okay, as long as I have you, I would already have everything I want." Cherry Blossom said as she nuzzled Snow Flake.

While talking to Snow flake Discere asked him " Snowflake, you wouldn't happen to need any help down at your shop would you. You see I am running low on bits and I think its time I get a job." Discere just moved his eyes around and scruffed at the ground... he wasn't very good at the whole 'social' thing.

"Actually I may need somepony to be at the counter while I go around collecting more herbs. I can pay you 16 bits an hour." Snow Flake replied. "Maybe that's too little, how about 20 bits an hour?" Snow Flake added as he went back to conversing with Cherry Blossom.