Princess Of The Night: A Luna Poem.

Bright Honor

Hello, everyone. I wrote a 10-line poem as a tribute to the one and only princess of the night, Luna. She is my choice for Best Pony and I felt like writing a nice poem for her. Here it goes:

Princess of the Night:

Luna is the princess of the night,

Those who threaten her loyal subject shalled be filled with fright,

Her mane is as starry as the night sky,

And her beautiful eyes will make you feel quite shy,

She gives us the night with such elegance and grace,

And her subjects gratefully accept her ever-lasting embrace,

Luna is beautiful, intelligent, strong-willed, and symbolizes leadership,

One of Equestria's greatest gifts is her friendship,

Thanks to Luna the great moon is always bright,

For she is the great and beautiful princess of the night

Well there it is!

• Brohoof 5

rr5p9f.jpg

Wow... that... that is just... so... so so so so awesome... I could never do something like that... I can't rhyme worth crap.

Thank you very much. :) That really means alot to me. I don't do poetry very often, but I felt like writing a nice poem for my favorite princess.

rr5p9f.jpg

I mean no offense to you or your poem, but it does not feel poetic at all. It feels more like talking with ryhmes. In my opinion, Poetry needs slightly more symbolic and ominous words, and try to be more creative with the rhyme scheme, or you could try writing a deep un rhyming poem.

pb.png

Thank you very much. :) That really means alot to me. I don't do poetry very often, but I felt like writing a nice poem for my favorite princess.

well, you did a very fine job, sir, a very fine job indeed. Now if only i could get my fanfic done like you got your poem finished...
  • Brohoof 1

post-3479-0-68552300-1361330583.png

The Troubled Fighter: Paradox The Creative Romantic: Skyline The Blind Psychic: Psych

Signature: CrystalRose & MatrixChicken

I mean no offense to you or your poem, but it does not feel poetic at all. It feels more like talking with ryhmes. In my opinion, Poetry needs slightly more symbolic and ominous words, and try to be more creative with the rhyme scheme, or you could try writing a deep un rhyming poem.

I understand. It has been a long time since I wrote one and I don't write poems very often, so I didn't expect it to be perfect. Thank you for your response.

• Brohoof 1

rr5p9f.jpg

Lol, I found it quite kiddy with the rhymes (in a good way), and I found it quite elegant with the word choices. Good job! :D

Thank you very kindly! As mentioned, Luna is my favorite pony. I adore her oh so much!! I am so happy I did this.

rr5p9f.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Very nicely worded poem. It would take me a while to figure out something like that. :3 But... there is but one problem with it, though I can't put my finger on it...The rythym, maybe? :S

Why thank you. I most certainly welcome constructive criticism on my work. I am currently contemplating doing a poem for the princess of the sun, Celestia ;).

rr5p9f.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

We love this poem

Wow... that... that is just... so... so so so so awesome... I could never do something like that... I can't rhyme worth crap.

Don't say that

I used to think that my sister had the creative head on her shoulders and that I could never be an artist

But then I started coming up with these great poems.

You never know,

Sometimes you just need the right kind of encouragement

it may be a song, or a video, or a picture, but when you find that special key, it will unlock the depths of your imagination...

___________________________=/|\=___________________________

Some will wright and some will draw, 

some with hand or hoof or paw.

To all their craft, a skill within,

their hearts a home, their art therein.

-Temporal Twins