open Revenge on Equestria - {RP}

Pripyat Pony

OOC Thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/44533-revenge-on-equestria/#entry1055817

____________________________________________________________________________________

Time had stood still, or at least, that's how it seemed in the dungeons situated below Canterlot. Even further down than the caves was the prison where the most dangerous criminals of Equestria were kept, not so much as a punishment for those concerned, but to protect all Equestria from them. One particular gang were there, kept in cells that were guarded night and day. This was the Vengence Gang; a group of unicorns with strong magic who had tried to take over Canterlot and defeat Princess Celestia. They had failed, due to the Elements having been used against them and all had been imprisoned.

But now, the Elements have switched aliances. Princess Celestia no longer controls the Elements, tho they are still kept within the Castle. The gang know this, from gossip that filters down from above, even into the lowest cracks, and they know where they can succeed where they failed before. The gang has no leader; she was killed the day that the gang fell, a green pony with a grey mane called Starfall. However, the gang are planning revenge for their fallen leader, to take on the Princess, take over Equestria and bring terror to everypony. It is five years on, and everypony has forgotten them... but the Vengence gang will make sure that everypony soon remembers them.

~~~

Diego couldn't remember just how long it had been since he and the others had first been put in the cells at Canterlot Prison. Could it really have been five years? It seemed like longer, much longer. He had nursed his bitterness and hatred for so long, it seemed as tho he had always been doing so. But no. Diego could remember as clearly as tho it had happened yesterday the gang's defeat, the Elements being used against them... and the death of Starfall. The unicorn stallion gritted his teeth as he thought of the grey maned mare's death. One day, he vowed, there would be a reckoning. Nopony had ever expressed any remorse for Starfall's death, and that was something that cut him to the bone. They all pretended to be loving and caring, yet they could not even say they were sorry for killing Starfall.

The Vengence Gang leader was the only mare that Diego had truly cared for... and her death had sent him a little crazy. Of course, he'd always been that pony who was considered to be "not quite right", but Starfall's death had sent him even more so. He would be the last pony to admit that, however, and sometimes he thought that it wasn't himself who was crazy, it was every other pony in the world. He had no intention of staying here forever; tho there was a spell regularly put on the prison to stop unicorn inmates from breaking out using their magic. One day, he'd discover the weakness in the spell, or dispose of the one performing it, then he and the other gang members would be out of here so fast, the guards' heads would spin.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roto was tapping his hoof on the ground. Something about the prison walls was making them enchanted, immune to his constant efforts to free himself. A novice in alteration magic like him couldnt hope to free himself, but the others seemed to think differently. Someone was trying to escape, someone was hatching a plan. He could smell it.

Diego hadn't even thought of plotting to escape for five years; he'd been too busy brooding on past wrongs and planning his revenge. Now tho, for the first time in years, he was thinking clearly. He narrowed his eyes as he watched the guards outside the cells. Which one was responsible for the security spell? All he needed to do was find out, tho taking them out wouldn't be easy. There were several guards out there. No, it wouldn't be easy at all.

Captain Trench was the kind of pony who grew attached to a place that he had been at for many years. He had become too old for war, and that was not a bad thing. So he walked the halls of the prison as warden, and he did so with pride. For the prison was most definitely a place he had grown attached to.

"And there isn't a point of us still being here," Harold began. He was speaking to Jack just barely outside of Diego's earshot. "Nobody visits. Theres no paperwork to speak of. A trained dog could keep up with the prisoners upkeep."

"Come now. You enjoy doing nothing," Jack replied. "I miss the field work as much as anyone else, but this place can't be unguarded."

"Is that even true any more? You know they can't escape. You should know that better than anyone. Are you doubting your own-"

"I'm not saying we need to be here. I'm saying we have to be here." Jack interrupted as he walked off to join Trench near the cells.

Rich lay on his bed, listening to the sounds of the dungeon. He sighed, when he joined the gang, he didn't think it'd end up like this. Still he didn't regret it, what had he been before? A sniveling rich brat. Now he was a member of the greatest gang in Equestria. He stood up and listened. Trying to hear the dreams of anypony in the capital above them.

The patched unicorn glared in the guards' direction. He didn't think much of them at all, despising them for keeping up this security spell and not taking the prisoners on in a fair fight. Well, that was the attitude of the ruling class towards anypony who they considered a danger. Lock them up and throw away the key...

A unicorn guard walked past the cells. He had a dark blue mane and tail, and an anxious look. Diego had been watching this guard for a while, and felt sure that he was the one who was keeping the security spell going. Was there a way to find out for sure? He thought, and remembered his fellow gang member, Rich. He could maybe find out. Diego prodded the other stallion with a hoof, while simultaniously keeping an eye on the guards. He felt that they were bored, and might not be observant, but sure as hell they would spot a disturbance.

As far as Rich was concerned, acting subtle was not Diego's MO. Just look at him, if anything screamed unsubtle it would be him, probably as a battle cry.

"Yeah?" He whispered. He followed Diego's gaze and took notice of the guard. He didn't stare, two prisoners staring at a guard was suspicious.

(Is the guard you guys are looking at Jack? Because I was actually thinking he was the one doing the spell. I can explain it in the OOC.)

"Oh, is something happening now?" Roto asked. His cell was across from Diego, but out of sight from Rich. "Tired of sitting around. Someone do something entertaining!"

(Yup and yep.)

Diego hated having to whisper, but obviously it was important to make sure that the guards didn't spot what was up. "That unicorn guard there, that's the one doing the spell, I think," he whispered to Rich. "I want you to go into his dreams and find out how. The spell only stops us from doing magic to escape, not doing magic on one guard the way you do."

He glanced over at Roto. "Maybe some of these guards could do a floor show for us," he said with a smirk, making sure now that they'd be able to hear him. "It's the least they could do."

Roto started to laugh, but was interrupted when Trench kicked the cell door, causing a loud bang. "Bug off!" He yelled. "You can joke I'm not here!"

Jack stared at Diego for a moment and mumbled something under his breath. It wasn't in english. Jack and the captain walked off out of the hallway.

"Go into his dreams?" Rich chuckled. "Alright, but I'll have to wait for him to go to bed. I can't very well knock him out while he's on duty, can I." Rich stared at the guard. "I can feel his subconscious, under wraps, under control. Leave me alone. I need to concentrate so I don't mix him up with someone else. How long until next shift?"

"Dunno," Diego said, shrugging. "Ask Roto. I don't keep much tabs on when the guards are here or not. I just concentrate on needling them as much as I can. What are they gonna do to me, lock me up?"

At this, the patched pegasus laughed loudly and madly, the laugh echoing off the stone walls.

"That one doesn't follow the other guards' shifts." Roto said. "The lazy bastard sleeps as much as he's awake. It's already dark. Shouldn't be long..."

Jack crept up to his bunk, not muck more than a wooden slab, some hay, and a blanket. It looked perfect to him. He rolled onto it and squeezed a bandage on his leg. After a few moments, he was already asleep.

"That's only cuz he thinks he's safe there," Diego replied, still snickering. "He should know by now, nowhere is safe from vengence. I'm sure too that the spell he's using is too localised, and only down to him. True, I could probably take him down, but that wouldn't stop the spell from working. Has to be Rich."

Rich laid down and kept his mental eye on the guard, making sure his horn's glow wasn't visible from outside the cell. He could feel sleep pressing on him. 'I'll just make him feel a little more tired, not enough for him to suspect me. Maybe he'll leave early,' he thought to himself.

(Um... he's actually already asleep. I'll just post it again.)

Jack crept up to his bunk, not muck more than a wooden slab, some hay, and a blanket. It looked perfect to him. He rolled onto it and squeezed a bandage on his leg. After a few moments, he was already asleep.

(lol, woops, forgot you were doing multiple characters.)

"So," Rich whispered to Diego, "what exactly am I supposed to be looking for, info on a magic dampening, security spell?" Rich left his own mind and walked the psychic planes into the mind of the guard. He began his search as subtly as possible, he didn't want him to be noticed. Rich shifted the dream into one where the guard was explaining the spell to a new recruit.

"You... You aren't supposed to ask this..." Jack said confused. He wasn't quite sure where he was or what he was doing. They said this would never have to happen... Who assigned you to this? Wheres your clearance? I... I need the proper documents." He wasn't making complete eye contact with the recruit.

Rich allowed Jack's own mind to fill in where they were, a guard break room perhaps.Rich handed him the documents that Jack's own mind wrote in order for it to look legitimate. "They think I'm able to cast the spell. I need to know more about it in order to learn how to do it. What to look out for, what the prisoners might try to get past it."

"Its my own spell." Jack said. "Very advanced blood magic. If they sent you here, you must know the basics, right? Blood is what gives ponies their natural resistance to magic. It keeps unicorns from dying when they cast a spell. I can.... wait... no. I shouldnt be talking about this. Somethings not right..."

"Get out from him how to nix the spell," Diego whispered. "Once we learn how to do that, we can start making plans on getting out of here. We've been here far too long; it's time to leave, find a new base camp and start plotting revenge. I want to avenge Starfall. We were very close, as you know."

Rich heard Diego's voice, but didn't allow himself to be distracted. "I know the basics, I just need to know what to look out for, what the inmates could do to counter it. These prisoners are dangerous, if something happened to you, you're knowledge would be lost." Rich's avatar's cutiemark had already become one that implied blood magic. "You have been ordered by Princess Celestia herself to teach me." Rich showed him the official looking document. "I can use blood magic, I want to use it for good. Tell me what I need to look out for."

Snip

(Hello? Waiting for posting...)

Diego knew that this plan had to work... once the spell was reduced to nothing, then all they'd have to do would be to attack the guards and break their way out with magic. Perhaps it would be worth recruiting some of the other prisoners. Some were earth ponies and they were good at tough, physical work. Better than unicorns by far...

(Sorry, had to make something up.)

"Well," Jack thought. "Back when blood magic was common practice, there were ward spells that could nullify blood magic spells with the users energy. They were remarkably simple. They usually involved releasing massive amounts of magical energy to replace any nearby blood energy that isnt protected by a body. But none of the prisoners could know such a spell. The holy ward hasnt been in a book for over a hundred years. Blood magic is so rare that noone ever learns how to fight it."

An idea formed in Rich's mind. "You were born with blood magic as your special talent, as was I. The princess thinks blood magic may be coming back. The two us are law abiding citizens, but there's no guarantee that somepony will be born with powerful blood magic and use it for evil. I need to know how to counteract it."