I made a song...I would love some pointer's.

Miss Light Diamond

Well...I made a song on FL Studio and I would love some pointer's on how to make it better.

https://soundcloud.com/circus-pony/everfree-fairies

I know the name is kinda stupid but it made me think of Fairies so...Eeyup  :mellow:

Edited by ~Flame Dancer~
  • Brohoof 6

Something something something something

Ask me stuff...and all my OC's

I don't really have any advice for you since I have no experience creating my own music and only very little experience playing music, but I will say that this is really good.

• Brohoof 1

Real men don't need signatures...

or legitimate usernames.

Hey man, the title doesn't matter. Use your imagination. Heck, one of my earliest songs was titled 'Eating Carrots.' Anyway, about the song...

• In the intro, the first time it goes ''da da, da da, da da, da da,' the fourth 'da, da' just doesn't sound right. I'm not familiar with the correct term, but I think it's something like you've written it out of key.
  • I applaud the crescendo in the intro.
  • You added quite a bit a layers to the song. I like it.
  • It was interesting when the percussion came in around 1:16. You used nice instruments.
  • You basically used the same melody throughout the entire song, but you added variety to it while keeping the same feel. Not many people can do that, including myself.
  • You ended the song perfectly ;)

Overall, great song. Better than anything I could make, though I'm improving. :P

• Brohoof 1

Hey you! Hey! Do you have Flash? Wanna animate ponies?

HERE'S A THING I DID A LONG TIME AGO!

Pony Puppets for any version of Flash!

:squee:

Hey man, the title doesn't matter. Use your imagination. Heck, one of my earliest songs was titled 'Eating Carrots.' Anyway, about the song...

• In the intro, the first time it goes ''da da, da da, da da, da da,' the fourth 'da, da' just doesn't sound right. I'm not familiar with the correct term, but I think it's something like you've written it out of key.
  • I applaud the crescendo in the intro.
  • You added quite a bit a layers to the song. I like it.
  • It was interesting when the percussion came in around 1:16. You used nice instruments.
  • You basically used the same melody throughout the entire song, but you added variety to it while keeping the same feel. Not many people can do that, including myself.
  • You ended the song perfectly ;)

Overall, great song. Better than anything I could make, though I'm improving. :P

Thank you very much, I posted it hoping for some really honest critique and I really appreciate your opinion :lol:

I will try messing around with the beginning and see what happens :)

• Brohoof 1

Something something something something

Ask me stuff...and all my OC's

I can think of a couple.

Firstly, I feel the piano note hit over and over again parts seem out of place. Generally, those kind of repeat notes are used during song with a really big and bassy pay off comes in, not to go to the next part of track

Secondly, the outro and some of the notes of intro seemed a bit weird and off. 

Just my thoughts though.