Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Want to start webcomic, looking for an artist to collaborate with.

SailorCardKnight

Hey everyone.

So for a while now I've had this idea rolling in the back of my mind that's been driving me nuts. At first I was going to make a fanfic out of it, but I felt it would work best as an ongoing comic. While I draw sometimes, my pony art at the moment....er, well, sucks. But I hate to give up on the idea as I have a good feeling that it would go over really well. Then I thought, why not ask someone else to help draw it?

So here I am, asking you all. Would any of you be interested in teaming up and working on a webcomic with me?

I've already have a lot in mind for what I want to do, writing-wise, and have even begun writing some scripts. I don't want to give away too much here, but the basic premise of the comic will be taking the different recolors Hasbro came up with and giving them their own unique personalities and backstories. The central characters are Lucky Dreams and her twin sister, Bitta Luck. They have a wide variety of “friends” around Ponyville that the reader is introduced to, many of which are kinda crazy. Examples being like how one of them is a pyromaniac, another is an artist that is obsessed with perfection, an enigmatic (but creepy) ice cream maker, and an obsessive matchmaker trying to hook ponies up all the time.

All credit for the art will be given to you of course, and this would also be excellent advertising for your work. I'm pretty open to just about any art-style, as long as it looks nice, people can understand what is going on, and is capable of a variety of comical expressions (as it is a humorous comic and all). The comic will also be a mix of single strips and ongoing story arcs, all will be posted on tumblr.

I have some designs in mind for the characters, and some vague story boards in mind, but nothing concrete. I plan to give a lot of creative freedom on this, art-wise (as I feel this would make it easier for the artist). Also, I really want to make this a true team effort. You're welcome to input story and character ideas. If you need assistance with lettering or editing the art (like cleaning/polishing the images) I can help, I’m pretty skilled with photoshop.

So is any one interested? Or maybe know someone? If not, I have a plan B lined up that involves Pony Creator, but I kinda hate to result to that plan...

One simple question. What kind of artists you're looking for? Visual artists? Literature artists? Musicians? etc? Because all of them are called 'art' and people who do such things are called 'artist'. :)

As for your comic, I'm willing to help since recently I haven't contributed anything worthy to the fandom because of my business, and I want to redeem my sin. This sounds like a good idea to start. I'm not a pro writer, but you may see my writing tips (link on my signature) and judge if I'm decent to help you with this or not.

You may PM me if you think I'm decent. I'm open to (almost) any requests.

One simple question. What kind of artists you're looking for? Visual artists? Literature artists? Musicians? etc? Because all of them are called 'art' and people who do such things are called 'artist'. :)

As for your comic, I'm willing to help since recently I haven't contributed anything worthy to the fandom because of my business, and I want to redeem my sin. This sounds like a good idea to start. I'm not a pro writer, but you may see my writing tips (link on my signature) and judge if I'm decent to help you with this or not.

You may PM me if you think I'm decent. I'm open to (almost) any requests.

Well, I did mention I am looking for "someone to help draw it". :lol:

As for the writing aspect of this, I'm pretty confident I have a good handle on it, I thank you for your kind offer though. However, I have some fanfics lined up I would love to get a 2nd opinion on, especially critiques on what I can improve. One of which is a crossover I  already started that I plan to do some major rewriting. Perhaps you can assist me with that? I

Well, I did mention I am looking for "someone to help draw it". :lol:

As for the writing aspect of this, I'm pretty confident I have a good handle on it, I thank you for your kind offer though. However, I have some fanfics lined up I would love to get a 2nd opinion on, especially critiques on what I can improve. One of which is a crossover I  already started that I plan to do some major rewriting. Perhaps you can assist me with that? I

LOL of course. :lol:

I'm sure I read some parts about inputs for the story or something similar. Well, if you need my help on anything, just shot me something to proof read or questions to answer.

Edited by Sky Warden