An oc and Sailor Moon(?) pony

StingeMuffin

First off, I just want to say that there are so many talented artists here who all serve as a source of inspiration (and envy!) for myself. I can never help but feel somewhat ashamed when I post anything I draw, because it pales in comparison to most here. Anyways.. blush.png

This is @@Fluttermoon's OC Starshy baking some cookies, drawn on impulse - and without permission - while I was lurking the creative resources thread. The hair was very fun to draw, and I was able to test out some black pigma micron pens for the first time!

post-3903-0-21578900-1363886614_thumb.png

I was inspired to draw this one when I saw this picture on deviantArt. I don't know if it's a Sailor Moon character since I've never watched the show, but I wanted to draw something princess-like.. so yeah. XD This was my second attempt with the pens. http://mizuki-yorudan.deviantart.com/art/Princess-Mini-Moon-360626348

post-3903-0-18530700-1363886625_thumb.png

The chest, neck and hind legs have always been hard to draw for me, and the uneven lines are very apparent. I can't really help my hands being slightly shaky, although I've noticed that I can get smoother lines if I use my arm to draw instead of my hand. I was also scared to attempt any kind of shading or detail because I have absolutely no skill at that kind of stuff. I just don't want to ruin the drawings before scanning them, but I know it makes for plain and boring pictures, so it's something I want to improve on.

• Brohoof 3

That is so adorable! Thanks for drawing her. I just clicked this thread out of curiousity, it was certainly a surprise but a good one!

Both ponies are are so cute. Especially my OC. <333

That is so adorable! Thanks for drawing her. I just clicked this thread out of curiousity, it was certainly a surprise but a good one!

Both ponies are are so cute. Especially my OC. <333

Thank you, and I'm really glad that you like it! I can assure you that, on the off-chance I draw another OC of yours, I'll send you a PM. :)

Okay, thanks again. =)

Yes I do! I like that you have her baking cookies. That is definitely something she'd be doing. I haven't done any role plays with her lately but this pictures is making me want to get back into it again.

Edited by Fluttermoon

RAYFRIEDH'S NINJA SURPRISE CRITIQUE HYAAAAAAAAAA:

Picture 1-

I tried to analyse and search the drawing for anything you could have done incorrectly, and the only thing I could really find was that the left hindleg (the one in the front) looks a bit too low and sharp. As for everything else, well, it's all amazing. The mane and tail look simply marvelous. I also love what you did with the pen for her pupils. I'd tried doing something like that when I did traditional artwork, but never got it quite right.

Picture 2-

For as much as anthropomorphic ponies that I know about, the body looks about right. I don't think that the- for lack of a better term known to me- Rope Hair thingies work well with the pony's mane, or dress, or they could be smaller, and be closer to the head, but really, this is more of a design nitpick, the actual drawing is still very good.

OVERALL

I absolutely love what you're doing with the eyes. That is, the outline of her eye, the eyelashes, the pupils (Especially what you're doing with the pen for the pupils!) You're using very cute and curves that are pleasing to look at! Combined with your way of drawing ponies' expressively, this works well in your favor!

I hope you continue to draw, StingeMuffin and I wish you luck on your future drawings!

• Brohoof 1