Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello from Derbyshire!

Witchkin

Hello everyone! laugh.png

I'm El, I'm an illustrator in my 20s and I live in Derbyshire in the UK (with my cats and a giant aquarium).

I've loved MLP since I was very little, and I really really enjoy the FiM generation. I've been too shy to join any pony communities until today, because I don't know much about the fan communities or stuff outside of what's in the cartoons. blush.png

What made me decide to join your forum..  I went to Build a Bear to get a pony on launch day this week, and when i was stuck queueing for nearly an hour, some people were really rude to me and made me want to leave/cry. I thought finding some nice folks here would make me feel positive about ponies instead.

On a more happy note, and to distract from my awkwardness, have a peep at the small collection of blind bag ponies that I keep in a pirate ship in my lounge:

zIhnMAt.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Well, welcome to one of the few corners of the web where you can be a brony with no hate directed at you from non-Bronies. Anyway, have fun!

P.S. I know the Build a Bear workshop you're talking about.

(edited)

Hay there Witchkin,

I am sorry about what happened to you at that BAB Workshop, honestly if it was the staff that was being rude, I would have just left with out giving them a cent, they clearly don't care much for their customers, however if it was just people in the shop, I would have minded my own business and moved on, but I don't blame you, it can get under your skin really easy. I am a 16 Junior in High School who is a brony, how do you think I feel :3

Well I hope you know that the people in this community and this forum are some of the nicest you will ever meet, and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. If it's a technical issue regarding the site, be sure to submit a support ticket.

Hope you enjoy your self :3

-Marco

P.S. your ship of ponies makes me super jelly :3 Are they all pirates? 

Edited by Marco ~ Ace Attorney
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, welcome to one of the few corners of the web where you can be a brony with no hate directed at you from non-Bronies. Anyway, have fun!

P.S. I know the Build a Bear workshop you're talking about.

Thank you! smile.png It was Meadowhell, and it wasn't the staff.

Hay there Witchkin,

I am sorry about what happened to you at that BAB Workshop, honestly if it was the staff that was being rude, I would have just left with out giving them a cent, they clearly don't care much for their customers, however if it was just people in the shop, I would have minded my own business and moved on, but I don't blame you, it can get under your skin really easy.

P.S. your ship of ponies makes me super jelly :3 Are they all pirates? 

Thank you very much for the welcome! It was not the staff. What happened was it was Easter Monday and so the shop was really full. On top of that there were people buying armfulls of ponies to resell later. One of the couples doing this were in the queue in front of me, waiting to use the stuffing machines. They were loudly making fun of me.. I felt smaller and smaller. I had gone in my bright rainbow scarf and wore a little Dash charm around my neck, and I felt like crying. I know they were

just idiots, but that the time it was very intense, and I'd travelled nearly an hour to get my pony.

I have cheered up a lot though, and I've taken some ncie photographs of her to add to the BaB thread in the merch section.

The ponies aren't pirates, but when I furst put them in there, I tried to put them in places that made sense. So Pinkie is on the cannon, Dash and Fluttershy are at the crows next (or sometimes swinging from the rigging when my kitten hasn't knocked them down!) and twilight sits at the wheel.

Don't worry, we're nice people here!  Make yourself at home, and welcome!img-1335582-1-smile.png

Thank you! smile.png I am a little in awe of all the forum sections, but I will post when I'm done reading.

Edited by Witchkin