Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thoughts on masculinity? Help a fellow brony out with her senior thesis...

BronyTheory

1. I believe that a man is just your gender and it doesn't matter how you act but people in my society thinks its to act "hard" and show off

2.my step dad he's the kindest man you'll meet but he can also be strict. Only problem is he can talk forever.

3.as long as its a joke I don't care what it's about but if you actually believe them then I don't find it amusing

4.just to be nicer to the ppl around you and not to get annoyed at small things

5.im an open brony I wear merch and openly talk about it in public

I decided to be out because I'm very proud of who I am and don't really care what anyone says

I'm the only brony in my college so no one really knew what it was but my friends are very open minded so they didn't care

Besides banter between my friends not much

6. Fluttershy well because she's so kind and compassionate also she's so awwwwwwwwww

1. What does it mean to you to be 'a man?' What do you believe it means to society to be 'a man?'

An adult male. In the society, though, there are many views of who are males. I guess a lot of people think they should be this and that to be "a real man" or whatever, thinking they should be tough, heterosexual, masculine, and all those stuff.

2. Who was/is your primary male role model? What is he like? How is he involved in your life? (as in, do you talk frequently/about personal things; where/how often do you interact; what do you do together? etc)

My dad.

No one. However though, anyone I come across who seems decent, I will learn from what they do and try to act more decent than I already am.

3. How do you typically respond to sexist comments/jokes/behavior? What do you think of the idea of traditional gender roles (i.e., men are this, do this, like these things; women are that, do that, like those things)?

If they're serious, then I will correct them and such, telling them not to be sexist.

If they are kidding/being sarcastic and I know they are doing it to imitate sexists in a negative way, I guess I'll just laugh and say that some can take it serious, so don't say it in public.

4. Have you learned anything from MLP? If so, what?

Do not judge a book by its cover, for one of them.

5. Are you an out brony or a closet brony?

- What made you decide to be out - or not?

- If out: What happened, if anything, when you came out as a brony?

- If closet: What do you think would happen if you were to come out as a brony? Why do you think that?

- What experiences have you had as an out or closet brony?

I'm an out brony. I'm an out brony because I could not care less if people will hate me because I'm a brony, and I don't like keeping a secret on something that is not something serious. And plus, many people were decent enough to not hate me over a little thing. My first step to revealing myself to be a brony was telling my friends when I just became one. I don't have much experiences except for positive, neutral, or negative responses to some pony stuff I wear.

And the classic ending...

6. Who is your favorite pony and why?

Even though I love all the ponies with small gaps in who I like better than another, Pinkie is best pony. She's just fun to have in the show.

1. What does it mean to you to be 'a man?' What do you believe it means to society to be 'a man?'

A man? Pff, just someone who's respectful. Someone who doesn't succumb beneath petty social standards. A man is someone who's friendly and has a goal. Someone who doesn't influence anyone negatively. Open-minded and not afraid to tell others what he thinks. A man is honest and doesn't leave anyone behind for his own goals. Modesty is also a quality and a very good one at that. That's a man.

2. Who was/is your primary male role model? What is he like? How is he involved in your life?

I don't have any role model nor did I ever have one.

3. How do you typically respond to sexist comments/jokes/behavior? What do you think of the idea of traditional gender roles]

Gender roles are for the weak. I don't care whether someone is a woman, a man or an unspecified gender. As long as this person does his or her job well that's good enough. Sexist comments are funny, but people shouldn't take them seriously nor too far. Some jokes are true from a biological point of view, but this does not mean everyone falls under the same category.

4. Have you learned anything from MLP? If so, what?

You should appreciate the other for being different and showing the other side of a coin, not insult them or otherwise avoid them.

5. Are you an out brony or a closet brony?

I'm open when someone asks, but I don't present my joy for the show or fandom to anyone just because I can. I have only good experiences for being open about what I like. As long as I am confident no one tries to mess with me. Some people have judged me, but I don't care about them. If anything, I've made more friends because of it and now have a fun thing to talk about.

6. Who is your favorite pony and why?

Rarity, but she only won just by a small margin. She's my idol. She's polite yet not arrogant. Although having refined taste she doesn't judge anyone for not having the same taste as hers. She cares about her friends and family, although they are different. She's generous and sensible. Rational even when they're in a risky situation. And c'mon. Dat mane is simply fabulous!