Equestria Girls Movie Posters

Motion Spark

these are the 2 official posters

img-1771105-1-EQUESTRIA-GIRLS-POSTER_425

img-1771105-2-Equestria_Girls_second_mov

I don't know these posters in my opinion aren't as creative as I would like them to be or at least for today's standards (which I just made them up XD)

Something I really like in movies are the posters, I think I pay a little bit more of attention to them than other people, and even though that it is a piece of paper that sits on movie theaters for months, I'm certainly sure that these posters sells tickets depending on how attractive they are for people to look at.

The first poster is rather meh, boring, sure it's the first time we see a 'human' pony so that event sould be enough to get the 'surprise' factor of the audience and get what does that mean, but I mean, they could have portrayed that situation of 'I'm reflecting myself as a human' in a more intriging and emotional way. Also the shading was pretty mainstream and simple, same to the background.

For the second poster, I like the concept of it. The main character at the center, her friends at the back, and the evil eyes at the far back indicating that there's an antagonist in the movie. I adore this concept but I disliked the execution. Granted, it does look cute but that could have been such an epic poster. Sunsrt Shimmer's evil eyes are not big enough to show that fear factor and you can't tell me that she doesn't look that evil, because she really does in the movie.

I remember those days when I was obsessed with Rugrats the Movie movie poster, Recess Movie, Road to El Dorado and many more animated films' posters.

These are my brief thoughts of the posters, you can have yours, I'm curious to know them :)

Edited by Motion Spark

Personally, I don't really like the first poster all too well, but I think they did a pretty good job with the second poster. I think it gets the main plot of the movie across. For Twilight to go through the mirror and meet the mane 5's human counterparts in order to get the crown back.

Plus the small Sunset Shimmer part shows who the villain will be.

So...overall, I think the second one is pretty good.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really expect Hasbro to be more creative when it comes to movie posters since, they are promoting a movie for toys anyway. Having a small spoiler in the poster, shows a little sneak peek of the movie.

I like the art style of the first one better than the second, but the second does give you the right idea of what the movie is about. Honestly, you're right. They could have done better, but when you think about it, it is just a cartoon. It's no action film or anything of the sort where I feel like artists really focus their work. Because, other than bronies, how many people really go to see that kind of thing? It's not like a brand new film that you've never seen before. You can't form an opinion for yourself until you see it. If it's shown off well, you get lots of people to watch it. So, a movie that's basically an episode of MLP? Despite how many bronies there may be, that's still one categorized audience, and they're the only (likely) group to go see it. That being said, you can't really make a poster in which the artist is determined to get the attraction of several other groups.

(That was a little over explained. Lol. In one sentence: "Hasbro isn't gonna make a fancy poster for a show that one group of people watch.")

Edited by Vinyl~
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really expect Hasbro to be more creative when it comes to movie posters since, they are promoting a movie for toys anyway. Having a small spoiler in the poster, shows a little sneak peek of the movie.

I don't think Hasbro make the posters themselves, they might outsource them, but I might be wrong

That was a little over explained

ummm yeah! it was a little over the top XD...but thanks for your opinion.

Wait wait wait wait wait wait....We are criticizing movie posters now?

ugh! yes, why can't we? 

I don't think Hasbro make the posters themselves, they might outsource them, but I might be wrong

ummm yeah! it was a little over the top XD...but thanks for your opinion.

ugh! yes, why can't we?

I never said that you couldn't, just that I really see no point, at all, especially since they are not bad by any means. In my opinion anyway. It just seems a bit nitpicky.

Now, the art on the boxes of the dolls.....That, is another story.

Edited by Kyoshi

I never said that you couldn't, just that I really see no point, at all, especially since they are not bad by any means. In my opinion anyway. It just seems a bit nitpicky.

Now, the art on the boxes of the dolls.....That, is another story.

I think that it's kind of rude to say that my thread has no point for discussion when it's a topic that can let people say 1000 things about the movie posters. You liked them, I think they could have been better, WeathleyCore said that the first one was cool the other one not so much. Everyone has different opinions and since there are dif opinions floating around then, there's not such a thing as "no point".

I think that it's kind of rude to say that my thread has no point for discussion when it's a topic that can let people say 1000 things about the movie posters. You liked them, I think they could have been better, WeathleyCore said that the first one was cool the other one not so much. Everyone has different opinions and since there are dif opinions floating around then, there's not such a thing as "no point".

That isn't rude, that is me just stating my opinion that it is a bit nitpicky. You imply that the thread is a general discussion of the movie posters, but the title is 'Couldn't they have been better', directly implying that they are bad overall. I simply disagree with that part.

That isn't rude, that is me just stating my opinion that it is a bit nitpicky. You imply that the thread is a general discussion of the movie posters, but the title is 'Couldn't they have been better', directly implying that they are bad overall. I simply disagree with that part.

'could have been better' doesn't mean bad, but yes, I kinda se what you mean, I was giving the thread a focus from a negative perspective when it should have been neutral making everyone to post the good, the bad and the ugly of the posters, so I edited the title with something more neutral.

• Brohoof 1