Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art Clyde, warrior oc?

InsainCat

So...As some may know, my bamboo is broken. So I had to do this with paint and a mouse... I think I did pretty good. I also got back into warriors again.... Im tired...

This is Clyde. As a kit his brown fur doesn't show until he gets older. His mane is a dark brown (almost black) EXTREMELY FLUFFY LONG coat around his neck. He wouldn't have it if it was not for nearly being killed in his mother's womb. He is also missing a leg and that was taken from him before he was born. He has two eye colors. Hazel and green. He does look quiet odd for a cat. His momish parent (the one who birthed him) is (now dont get angry. I love mpreg) Itabby (Italy's cat) and the dad is Darwin (Australia's cat). He doesnt seem to have any health issues. But when he gets sick, he always has to fight for his life. 

Now his mane... It was caused when itabby got attacked. Clyde was a quiet cat, even before he was born. He still is in a way. His heart beat wasn't noticeable and the wild cats attacked itabby's belly aiming for his kitts. Yeah.. they didnt like darwin. Anyways, Itabby's three kitts were killed, but not clyde. No one knew he was there. His leg got torn off thou. While itabby was lying on th ground trying not to fall asleep, a worm like leach crawled inside him and attached itself to clyde's neck. Now He was a tinny kitt when he was born. The worm feed off him untill the veterinarians found him and got rid of the parasite. He was born with little fur and extremely cold. His body charged itself so his fur was longer then his mothers and the mane around his neck was extra long and thick so nothing lik ethat could happen again.

His mane has tons of uses to him. For one, it can be used as a flotation device. (lol) It keeps out the cold. It could be hailing ice and he wouldn't notice. When he's hot, ittle fluff up abit so air and wind can flow though it easily. Unnecessary things will get trapped. When its the beginning of winter his mane will fluff up so much, you can barley see his head. When enemy's attack, there claws and teeth cant get to his neck, they get stuck however. His fur will poof or flatten out when he wishes so or just needs it. His furr will also slither between claws to purpiously get tangles or flatten out for grooming. 

Clyde is a pretty clam cat. He has no fears so far. When in face of running away, he'll do the splits and skid away extremely fast (faster then he can run sometimes) over like a seal one ice. He is a very good hunter. His claws are very long and his skills are unique from his father teaching him his secrets of hunting and stuff like dat(thats why he's not afraid of much). He see's to reason more then anyone ells. He cares deeply for his family. 

I put alot into this character. Dont be mean to my oc. I may use him for warrior rp (cuz I can).

clyde_by_insaincat1111-d6luu53.png

Aaaah Warriors... probably still my favorite book series to this date. (Narnia is a close second.) I've always loved Warriors and its characters.

Although I must say that this character does sound a bit like a Mary Sue... The story overall sounds a little far-fetched, like too many really odd things happened to him that were completely out of the ordinary. (Such as the parasite, losing his leg and his eye colours which while not impossible are extremely rare.) Everything that happened would probably kill an unborn kit. Losing a leg while still developing, getting fed off of by a parasite, etc.

His mane also sounds like something that's physically impossible to exist. ._.; Fur doesn't really have muscles that allow it to magically change at his command. On top of that he's not afraid of anything, a great hunter, a smart thinker (good with reasoning) and is very calm. Personally I'd think a cat that went through what he did when he was a kit would be really jumpy, paranoid or nervous. (Kind of like RavenPaw.)

Overall the character seems almost too perfect, despite missing a leg. (You listed nothing about problems he had with his missing leg.)

However your art, even with a mouse and pointer is awesome! :o

I can never draw using my mouse, let alone with a mouse and paint. The art is quite impressive considering the circumstances. ^_^ (Although I will say I uttered a "wat" when I saw his front paw. :P ) I like how you styled his bushy 'mane' and the fur on his head.

Overall the character's story and personality (and skill set) isn't very good, but his design is decent and the art is awesome. 

Don't let me discourage you too much. I can be a huge critique when it comes to making up characters and stories. (As an author myself.) I try to balance my characters with fairly even characteristics, basically giving each advantage a disadvantage. (Or a damn good reason.) What I find helps is putting yourself in the backstory of your character. How would you or someone else respond to what your character went through during their life or childhood? What would you be like in the future? Would you become timid as a result of something, or a dare-devil? 

I hope to see more characters and more art from you, Insain! :) Keep at it!

TL;DR The characters advantages heavily outweigh his disadvantages, and the story sounds far-fetched. But your art and design is cool!