Ninja post protection

Legacy Dash

I don't think this has been brought up yet, so sorry if it has.

Anyways, I think that some sort of "ninja post" protection needs to be added.

It it rather annoying in Cloudsdale Colosseum in forum games such as rate the avatar above and stuff.

I'm always getting ninja'ed in there, and it is sort of embarrassing and annoying, cause you have to edit your post and change everything.

It would be nice if we had some sort of protection against this, like when you click post, it will check if there is anymore replies, and if there is, just give you a heads up before it posts or something.

I really hope this gets added - recently, I haven't been very active in Cloudsdale due to this very reason - although, I do understand that all the developers are all very busy (MLP Forums should get some more devs).

Thanks.

the site already shows when a new post is added to the thread you're viewing.

there should be a white popup bar showing text something like "1 new replies to this topic (LINK) show reply?"

it's kinda a ninja-protection thing, you just need to make sure you see the popup and click that link.

• Brohoof 1

The suggestion has been brought up before and there's no real way to actively prevent people from ninja'ing others. Posts are sorted by the time they are submitted and there would be a load of potential problems with altering that, with preventing people from posting until somebody else has finished, or any other way to address this issue. The solution proposed in this thread's OP actually already exists in a way. As repsol rave mentioned there is a bar that will pop up to notify you of replies made since you entered the topic.

Ninja posts will always be a problem in the Forum Games and nobody particularly likes dealing with them, but there's unfortunately very little that can be done to prevent them that isn't already being done.