Bronyette's Derpy Sketch Dump

Bronyette

I love Derpy so I decided to throw a few sketches up on here, I probably will be making more next time I go to work.

Suggest a pose so I can get better at those! I suck at making up poses and actually making them look good.

post-11323-0-99695900-1384201360_thumb.jpg

Sorry the paper is crumply. :( I had to put it in my purse. Same with the other drawings I will be making.

post-11323-0-24923500-1384201451_thumb.jpg

Trying out different styles of drawing, making the muzzle a bit longer and bigger than normal. I really like how it turned out though. But I know someone will say they hate how her muzzle looks. XD oh well.

Criticism needed and wanted, especially on the first drawing. Redlines are amazing help. <3 Comments and bro-hoofs are welcome as well.

Also: I really always mess up her cutie mark. I do these at work so I can't use a reference at all. Sorry if that bothers you. :( maybe I will sketch one and bring it in.

• Brohoof 3

v7PAGdl.png

Click on the Banner for more info!

Overall, good work. I like your style. The second one's muzzle looks a bit squared, like a stallion, but otherwise pretty good. An easy way to remember the cutie mark is seven bubbles in two columns. I noticed on the first one that the wing is cut off at the mane.

• Brohoof 1

post-19519-0-48643400-1400482384.png
Keep flyin'

Overall, good work. I like your style. The second one's muzzle looks a bit squared, like a stallion, but otherwise pretty good. An easy way to remember the cutie mark is seven bubbles in two columns. I noticed on the first one that the wing is cut off at the mane.

Oops, I see what you mean with the wings, not sure why I didn't fix that. Also I like the muzzle like that, makes it look more horsey. :3 I can fix it though.

I'll try to remember... 7 bubbles. I thought there was 9 or so.

Edited by Bronyette

v7PAGdl.png

I love Derpy so I decided to throw a few sketches up on here, I probably will be making more next time I go to work.

Suggest a pose so I can get better at those! I suck at making up poses and actually making them look good.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Sorry the paper is crumply. sad.png I had to put it in my purse. Same with the other drawings I will be making.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Trying out different styles of drawing, making the muzzle a bit longer and bigger than normal. I really like how it turned out though. But I know someone will say they hate how her muzzle looks. XD oh well.

Criticism needed and wanted, especially on the first drawing. Redlines are amazing help. <3 Comments and bro-hoofs are welcome as well.

Also: I really always mess up her cutie mark. I do these at work so I can't use a reference at all. Sorry if that bothers you. sad.png maybe I will sketch one and bring it in.

Great job! ;) i love the second one suuuuu much!!!! tongue.png  I want moar Derpy. I can't wait to see more. also, are you going to color at any point in time???

• Brohoof 1

Great job! ;) i love the second one suuuuu much!!!! img-1997328-5-tongue.png  I want moar Derpy. I can't wait to see more. also, are you going to color at any point in time???

No... I can't color. Sorry. I do these when I have breaks at work and I don't have access to colored pencils and the such. But if anyone wants to take them and make them bases/vectors I wouldn't mind at all. :D

• Brohoof 1

v7PAGdl.png

Me love Derpy! I applaud you for drawing the cutest, derpiest pony :D

and now for the critique:

First pic, the fur on ponies points from nose to tail so her belly fluff would be pointing in the other direction and their ears are concave like cups so the line marking the dip would be on the outer edge instead of the inner. Other than that it's a great pic, although give that muffin some steroids, a big puffy muffin is what Derpy wants!

Second pic, the muzzle style is great, but I don't know if it's quite Derpy, same with the spiky wings. Consider rounding those edges a bit to give her a softer appearance, sharp angles are usually used for villains (Chrysalis etc), males (they get squared muzzles) or Luna/Celestia, combined with a longer muzzle for an elegant approach. This is just my take on it of course, you go with what you like best. The eye should be slightly higher and oriented vertically on the skull, the bottom lid should be just below the nose line.

Dunno if I'm being too critical but I'm an artist so I notice this crap >.<

keep going! I want moar! And draw some front or 3/4 views to show off her epic derp eyes!

Me love Derpy! I applaud you for drawing the cutest, derpiest pony :D

and now for the critique:

First pic, the fur on ponies points from nose to tail so her belly fluff would be pointing in the other direction and their ears are concave like cups so the line marking the dip would be on the outer edge instead of the inner. Other than that it's a great pic, although give that muffin some steroids, a big puffy muffin is what Derpy wants!

Second pic, the muzzle style is great, but I don't know if it's quite Derpy, same with the spiky wings. Consider rounding those edges a bit to give her a softer appearance, sharp angles are usually used for villains (Chrysalis etc), males (they get squared muzzles) or Luna/Celestia, combined with a longer muzzle for an elegant approach. This is just my take on it of course, you go with what you like best. The eye should be slightly higher and oriented vertically on the skull, the bottom lid should be just below the nose line.

Dunno if I'm being too critical but I'm an artist so I notice this crap >.<

keep going! I want moar! And draw some front or 3/4 views to show off her epic derp eyes!

Awesome :wub: This kinda critique is what I needed. Thank you so so much~ I see what you mean, I'll make her muzzle more round on the bottom next time. And I'll be sure to do the 3/4 angle to show off her beautiful eyes.

:derp:

v7PAGdl.png