Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello

Sprout

I think this is a good place to stick what I have been posting to the pony places I visit.

MLP Saved my life

Let me clarify that, the My Little Pony community saved my life

Hello my name is John King and I would like you to hear my story. I suffer from C-PTSD, I have been through things in my 25 years that I would do almost anything to forget. I guess you could say that because of my experiences I shut myself off from the world and over the years things got worse. I was judgmental of everyone around me, finding flaws in everything anyone did just so I could don the false mask of self pride. I went through boughs of depression, and was full of unfounded hatred. Teetering on the edge of suicide the only reason I never went through with it was because I managed to hold onto enough of myself to have a wife and daughter, but my problems affected them and I knew they deserved better then me. I had lost faith in humankind, the only thing that I had to live for was the fact I had someone that relied on me.

However things changed a few month ago. One Saturday morning I was bored and I had seen a multitude of things about MLP;FIM for some time now. So why not? I looked up the fist episode on youtube and watched it, then the 2nd. Next thing I know the weekend is over and I had seen all of the first season. I was hooked, so much so that I looked into the community and with that my life changed for the better. The deeper I sunk into the fandom the better I felt about life. I had the same devoted mindset that for so long I used to criticize others for. The brony community resorted my hope for our world, let me explain how.

Our community is breaking down established cultural and gender roles that have been in place for generations. People see the notion that to hate is cool, life is fear, to insult and look down on others in the norm, and we say, NO. We are showing the world that it is cool to be kind, it is respectable to care for others, and that lending a helping hand for no other reason then to do it is a reward in itself. I for one am proud to be part of this community because of just that and I am going to do my best to be a shining example of what love and tolerance can be.

Thank you everypony, I owe you all more then I can ever repay.

I think this is a good place to stick what I have been posting to the pony places I visit.

MLP Saved my life

Let me clarify that, the My Little Pony community saved my life

Hello my name is John King and I would like you to hear my story. I suffer from C-PTSD, I have been through things in my 25 years that I would do almost anything to forget. I guess you could say that because of my experiences I shut myself off from the world and over the years things got worse. I was judgmental of everyone around me, finding flaws in everything anyone did just so I could don the false mask of self pride. I went through boughs of depression, and was full of unfounded hatred. Teetering on the edge of suicide the only reason I never went through with it was because I managed to hold onto enough of myself to have a wife and daughter, but my problems affected them and I knew they deserved better then me. I had lost faith in humankind, the only thing that I had to live for was the fact I had someone that relied on me.

However things changed a few month ago. One Saturday morning I was bored and I had seen a multitude of things about MLP;FIM for some time now. So why not? I looked up the fist episode on youtube and watched it, then the 2nd. Next thing I know the weekend is over and I had seen all of the first season. I was hooked, so much so that I looked into the community and with that my life changed for the better. The deeper I sunk into the fandom the better I felt about life. I had the same devoted mindset that for so long I used to criticize others for. The brony community resorted my hope for our world, let me explain how.

Our community is breaking down established cultural and gender roles that have been in place for generations. People see the notion that to hate is cool, life is fear, to insult and look down on others in the norm, and we say, NO. We are showing the world that it is cool to be kind, it is respectable to care for others, and that lending a helping hand for no other reason then to do it is a reward in itself. I for one am proud to be part of this community because of just that and I am going to do my best to be a shining example of what love and tolerance can be.

Thank you everypony, I owe you all more then I can ever repay.

John I'm seriously debating whether I should ask you to speak at our event. It's stories like yours that demonstrate just how profound an effect FiM and its community have had over so many people's lives. In either case, we're thrilled you can attend.

Sprout:

Welcome. We're glad that you're here.

Mark:

Could we see about finding people that want to speak, and talk about the effects the community has had on peoples lives? I'd love to see a group of people separately simply speak about their experiences to an audience. I'd want to get it down on the books as soon as possible.

Sprout:

Welcome. We're glad that you're here.

Mark:

Could we see about finding people that want to speak, and talk about the effects the community has had on peoples lives? I'd love to see a group of people separately simply speak about their experiences to an audience. I'd want to get it down on the books as soon as possible.

Mark,

Do you know if Mic the Microphone is going? I think he has a similar story and he hasn't been hesitant to talk about it in the past.

Mark,

Do you know if Mic the Microphone is going? I think he has a similar story and he hasn't been hesitant to talk about it in the past.

@Markarian

Sure, it can be an event. Have people come up and talk about how they became involved and a little about themselves. It would be an interesting thing to show just how diverse the fandom is.

@RoyalCoat & RoyGBiv

Thank you.

@Markarian

Sure, it can be an event. Have people come up and talk about how they became involved and a little about themselves. It would be an interesting thing to show just how diverse the fandom is.

@RoyalCoat & RoyGBiv

Thank you.