Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

OC- "Fanboy"

Aaappleooza

Ok, so I was basically requested to make a thread for this, but this is an OC that goes along the lines of my "Children of Harmony" series. Basically this is Rhubarb "Ruby" Pie's eventual father, Fanboy 

(It's a little sketchy in places I know, sorry....) 

fanboy_oc_sketchdump_by_potoperson-d73z3

A little back story, originally he was made up as a total inside joke but since I'm possibly doing something with the fanmade kids (one of whom is his kid) I decided to brush him off and make him an actual serious character. 

Basically he runs a little used comic book shop in town. (Not the same one Spike got his comic from. In fact he's getting rather sick of people asking if he's got "enchanted comics").  Growing up, Fanboy didn't get out much mostly due to some health issues involving breathing. Because he was so often sick and confined to bed he threw himself into comic books wishing to be like the ponies in the pictures.  As time went on though and he began to see his lack of social fortitude or physical strength his self esteem started ebbing away. The day he and his older fraternal twin brother Caramel got their cutiemarks didn't help manners. Caramel got horseshoes. (The words of their mother, "Oh, horseshoes! Oh you can really go places with a cutiemark like that!") He got an autograph book. ("Oh.... how... nice"). This was humiliating. What on earth could he possibly do with a cutie mark like that? Well, as time went on he came to be the founder of the Elements of Harmony fanclub dedicated to the myths and legends surrounding it, and eventually a fanclub dedicated to the real elements of harmony the Mane 6. 

(What? Sherlock Holmes gets his own fan club within his show... Besides, Rainbowdash had her own fanclub for an episode) 

In his eyes they are like the super heroes he reads about. His favorite, of course, is Pinkie Pie, but that's mostly cos he's had a crush on her since forever. As time goes on he comes to discover there's more to his cutiemark than he ever would have given himself credit for. 

• Brohoof 3

post-23443-0-20756900-1391042084_thumb.jpg Alright so the main thing that seemed to be an issue is the proportions on the body. I put down a few sketches and note. The head of the pony is what many artist use as a beginning point when they draw, meaning they base the rest of the pony's body off its size. Anyways I hope you can understand the notes. How long have you been drawing?

Thanks guys! And by all means :)

Thank you! That's quite helpful. I've historically been kind of bad with proportions... haha. I've been drawing for about six years (since middle school I'm in college now). Mostly I draw anime style humans so I'm sort of new to the pony things, still getting the hang of it all.