open A Pony Alone

Solar Shadow

The voice caused Lyrica to jump, sending her glasses sliding down her nose. She looked up and shook shyly. 

"Th-thank you…" She timidly reached a hoof out to the fellow pegasus, taking her precious draft. A squeak from Joke told her that he wasn't going to go away, so she bowed her head slightly and adjusted the glasses on her muzzle. 

"I-I'm Lyrica Scribbleknot. You can call me Lyrica."

"Squee!!!!" 

"And this is Joke. He doesn't say much. Heh." 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@,

"Hi Lyrica I'm SolarShadow you can just call me Solar if you'd like and hello to you as well Joke."

Solar looks back at the draft "you know if those papers are important you should hold on to them a little more tightly you never know where they could end up." he says as he smiles and turns to start walking away. 

Lyrica blushes. "Th-thanks.. I'll try." 

She looks down at her draft and places it carefully back into her bag, sealing it tightly.

"Squeek."

Lyrica looks at Joke and shakes her head. 

"He does seem nice. But I don't think I would be good at making friends."

A waiter pony comes by but she doesn't order anything. A few moments later, she gets up to leave, when Joke starts running towards Solar.

"Oh no. Joke come back!" 

Lyrica almost runs into Solar and groans in embarrassment as Joke begins to hiss.

"I'm terribly sorry… I'm not sure what's wrong with him." 

Joke looks back at her and huffs, running away. She looks back to see Solar staring at her; she blushes. "S-sorry…"

@,

Solar looks at Lyrica as she runs away. "what an interesting pony" he thinks to himself.

He looks back at the table she was at and notices she never ordered anything."hey mr. waiter i would like to order some cupcakes 3 should be fine."

Solar flies up in the air and looks for Lyrica seeing her just as she goes into a house. "HEY ill be right back" he yells to thunder and Aurora. 

Solar flies up to the door "I hope she likes these she's probably hungry" he thinks to himself. as he makes it to the door he pulls out the cupcakes and knocks on the door. 

As Lyrica arrives home she can't help but think that somehow Solar knew something about her. "He must have read my draft…" she muttered to herself. Suddenly she heard a knock on the door and opened it to see Solar standing on her porch with a cupcake. The color drained from her face and she backs away slowly. "Uh…hi.." she says shyly. "D-did you follow me?"

@,

"hmm i guess i did i'm sorry that was a bit rude of me." he says as he rethinks his decision. "i noticed you didn't eat anything at the cafe so i wanted to bring you something." Solar stops and stares at Lyrica for a moment. "well here's your cupcakes i brought one for joke as well and if you keep blushing like that someony's going to think you like them." He says as he notices the Freckles. "huh Freckles i never noticed those before."   

Lyrica blushes even more, making her freckles turn pink. 

"Uh, thanks! Um, well I…" She goes to back away but trips over herself and falls. "Ah! S-sorry…." She begins to shake. "Sorry…"

After a minute, she's able to get herself together and look at him. "I'm really sorry," she says as she gets up. "Really, I'm too shy to function. Thanks for the cupcake…do you want to come in?"

@,

Solar Stands at the door "are you sure you're ok? did that fall hurt?" Solar walks in and puts his left hoof up on her heard to check for an injury. then notices her shaking. "oh i'm sorry i just kind of acted without thinking again." Solar begins to blush and answers "yes i'll com in if you don't mind." he walk in a little more still a little red. 

@@Solar Shadow,

Aurora noticed that Solar was taking an awful long time to come back,he then started to worry and he gulped softly,he glanced around and said to Thunder,"I'll look for Solar...I hope he hasen't gotten himself in trouble already...darn boy,walking off like that...and that mare...she seemed,what's the word.......um......peculiar that's it..."he said to himself before flying into the air,he sees Solar walk into the mares house and he raised an eyebrow before floating down behind him,he lands softly and says,"Why Hello Solar...Oh,I'm sorry miss,did he do something? Your blushing an awful lot you two...Solar,what did you do kid?"he asked with a look on his face but he started laughing,"Well,whatever it is,I'm sure it's nothing ba-"he notices the mouse on Lyrica's shoulder and looks at her face,then her eyes,"...A mouse..."he murmured to himself before just staring off into oblivion.

"Joke here is actually classified as a Rattus norvegicus.... The common rat."

Suddenly realizing what she had done, she shakes her head and begins to cry.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to sound so..."

She composed herself rather quickly, something she'd had to learn with the years alone, and looked at the stallions In her doorway.

"Sorry about that... You must be one of Solar's friends. Well, it was nice meeting you Solar... But I think your friends have been looking for you. You better get back to them....."

@@Aurora Lights,@,

"Hey Aurora Lights this is Lyrica i helped her get some of her papers back then after she left i noticed she didnt eat anything at the cafe so i brought some food over. but i guess you already know that much." he says as he tries to think of what to say.

Solar looks back at Lyrica and Joke. " well i hope you enjoy the cupcakes and don't go running of again Joke you'll be causing Lyrica trouble if you do." 

"Squee!!"

Lyrica smiled and a blue curl fell in front of her face as Joke climbed onto her head.

"Th-thanks again... How can I repay you?" She asked. Suddenly, a timer goes off and she stiffens.

"Sorry, that's for me. If I don't sit down to write a chapter a day, I won't get anything done!"

Realizing she had said too much already, she closed the door and took her place at her desk. "Oh, Joke..." She sighed, "Just a few minutes and they already know I'm smart and that I write!"

She puts her head on her desk and closes her eyes. "What if they find out I'm Ls?"

@@,

Solar looks at Thunder then looks back out at the town. "you know i've already met some pretty nice and cool people. I think i might like it here everyone has their own story." He says as he notices Thunder eating a cupcake. "no matter how many times i see that i dont think ill get used to it."  As he starts to walk away. "Hey Thunder-Dash what do you think shes writing?" he asked with a curious look. 

@,

Solar looked around Puzzled trying to think of something to do then he notices a giant tree with windows. "Hey Thunder-Dash why is that tree full of windows?" he asked because he has never seen such a thing before. "And for what to do i'm not really sure i don't know what we can do here anything fun is fine with me."

Later that day, Lyrica has finished another chapter she is proud of. She stands, pleased, and trots upstairs to her bedroom. (Her house is set up much like Twilight's but not in a tree.) Joke leaps onto the windowsill and squeaks loudly, knocking over her signed copy of "Carrot" by Stallion King.

"Joke!!"

Lyrica picked up the book and held it to her chest. "What did I say about treating books badly?!"

Something suddenly caught her eye through the window. She places the book carefully on her bed and looks out the window. She sees the group of pegasi from this morning, laughing and walking towards the house.

"Oh no...." She squealed. "They're laughing at me!"

@,

"interesting a library in a tree." Solar thinks for a bit. " Well i don't mind going its been awhile sense i've read anything lately anyway." Solar looks around one more time " what a wonderful place." He thinks to himself." Alright we can go there but let me go grab an apple or something before hand." 

Midnight walked out of the sweet shop with a big grin on his face. He had two saddlebags filled with a delicious assortment of pastries. As he devoured a cupcake, he noticed the tip of a large tree poking out from behind the houses.

"Hmm... I wonder what that is." Midnight thought curiously. He started to walk towards the building, with a look of intrigue on his face. As it came into view, he remembered that this was the Ponyville library, where Princess Twilight lived. "I wonder if she has any information about the stone..."

Edited by Ducksquack

Lyrica decided that today would be a great day to deliver a gift to Princess Twilight Sparkle, who had sent "Ls" a letter asking for a copy of the latest "Night Mare" novel. She figured the first 12 chapters would be enough to hold the princess over until the book was published. But as always, she decided to leave the draft anonymously on the porch.

"Just a humble favor..." She convinced Joke. He squealed in agreement. She gathered up her courage and walked to the treehouse, leaving the draft on the porch. But when she turned around, she saw Solar and his friends. They had seen what she's done.

@,@, @,

Solar walks with Thunder to the library. "Granny Smith huh. so shes the one who originally created all this?" solar asks as he notices Lyrica dropping of what appears to be a book.

"Hey Lyrica!" he yells "you know if you need to return a book you might want to bring it inside" he says as he walks up to the door. he picks up the chapters "that way they won't get ruined."

he brushes them off making sure there's no dirt from the porch. Then notices the chapters aren't a complete book yet.  "Hey Lyrica did you write this? he asks with a smile on his face.

(ooc midnight is in the library already right lol almost there!!!)

@Solar Shadow

Lyrica gasps, embarassed. "Uh...I..." She hides her head just as a purple alicorn begins to decend the stairs.

"What's all this commotion? Who are you?"

Lyrica decides it's better to just take the book and flee. She reaches out to grab it from Solar, but trips. Pages go flying everywhere.

"Ow..."

(Are we involving the mane 6 at all? Didn't quite make sense that we'd be in Twilight's house without her there...)