Double signature picture size.

Tetrakemy

Really annoying I think. It won't put any heavy lifting on the server or the other users computers. Plus it will allow for much easier signatures for those of us who do not want to shell out $100 for photoshop.

@,
If you donate to MLP Forums or become a subscriber, you will get a few extra perks such as the ability to change your member title, have 150x200 avatars and have 600x200 sized signatures.

That is pretty much the only options you got. As for increasing the size, I would like to quote Feld0 (site owner) :

"I understand that some of you may have a huge, exquisitely designed signature; but you (hopefully) come to MLP Forums to read people's posts, not stare at giant signatures. You're welcome to embed a large image into your profile page if you must have it somewhere. You can still be quite creative within the 600x100 constraints - just redesign a little. Allowing signatures to get too large would also create a usability issue. The majority of our visitors have less than 1000 pixels of vertical space on their monitors. With 20 posts on every page, adding an extra 50 pixels to every signature would make the page 1000 pixels longer, which translates to a whole lot more scrolling."

If the reason why you want bigger signature size limits is because you find it hard to get a good looking signature of such size, I suggest you visit the Request Guild section. There are a lot of threads in there where you can request signatures.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 3

I don't want to shell out $100 for photoshop either so I found a free program that works exactly like photoshop that I use to resize pictures for avatars as well as a few other various purposes.

http://www.gimp.org/

The maximum avatar size in this site is actually standard on many other sites as well and I don't think it is too bad but there are some pictures that just don't work at that size which can get annoying though.

• Brohoof 2

As much as I want this to work out, I don't think having super large signatures or avatars would be very good.  I would make this place look way too busy.  It already has a very large text limit for links and characters, etc.  150x200 is a good avatar size and 600x250 would be ideal for signatures.