Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

*explodes*

Shawchert

There is no great relivance to this thread other than wanting to talk about it.... I am going to go on a cruise at the end of the year and I was reading the website at how many days I had left and i was like *sweet less than 200 now!!* today I go back on it and it is 210 days before the cruise and my heart is shot and I went from being closer to further away.... 

Anyone have experiences like that where they get misinformation and feel like they backtracked so bad that they feel a little lost *this isn't my worst backtrack only my most recent and devistating right now because i want to go soooo bad lol*

Misinformation kills. Especially when one doesn't know it's misinformation when it's spread around.

This happens a lot around April as people will find April Fool's articles about things and make huge announcements about it and then come to find out it was a joke.

Or sometimes you'll find something that sounded bigger than it was. I'll often find game "announcements" that ultimately are just possibilities and typically turn into vaporware. Disappointment is had.

This may not be exactly what you're talking about though.

• Brohoof 1

Misinformation kills. Especially when one doesn't know it's misinformation when it's spread around.

This happens a lot around April as people will find April Fool's articles about things and make huge announcements about it and then come to find out it was a joke.

Or sometimes you'll find something that sounded bigger than it was. I'll often find game "announcements" that ultimately are just possibilities and typically turn into vaporware. Disappointment is had.

This may not be exactly what you're talking about though.

it is!! Exactly what i'm talking about, though not because of april fools but I do totally get you! :D. It can definitely get way out of hand if spread around before it was corrected... like what I was saying to my co workers week before last "oh hey I have lest then 200 days left!" because I try not to check it out every single day lol... id' go crazy... but this is something easily remidied, nothing like a person dying or some terrible secret that's never really happened or something huge.

• Brohoof 1

Indeed, for the most part it's just a matter of embarrassment and/or disappointment. You not only perpetuated a lie without realizing it, potentially hyping up other people as well, but got hyped yourself.

So much ARGH. Dx

• Brohoof 1

I had a most irritating experience with this fairly recently. I had a work related knee injury back in November (my 4th on the job) which took me out of work for 6 weeks. As per usual I did everything they told me to do by seeing the doctor once every week and going to physical therapy 3 times a week. Fast forward to about maybe a week or two ago and I injure the same knee again, in part because I underestimated how hurt I was and knew it wasn't going to be treated as a workers comp issue because the irritation technically happened off the job site I tried to tough it out by that only made things worse.

I called my union rep and had a talk with him to ask him what I should do before proceeding, he directed me to the unions insurance department. The insurance clerk told me some information and looked up my account and saw that I had lost my coverage for February and March. I asked how the hell that was even possible and she said that if you worked less than a certain amount of hours in a month than you lost your coverage temporarily which is something I already knew but I had met the minimum requirements so I was still confused. She then told me that every time an employee was out of work for an extended period of time like when they took a vacation or was out due to an injury they had to sign something to let the union know about it.

So because nobody told me about this I was told that I had to wait until April 1st until my insurance kicked in to do anything (I had to request to take one of my vacation weeks last minute because of this). So I go to the doctor and find out that they can't do anything for me because the last time I saw the doctor there this doctor who only saw me once because the doctor I normally saw wasn't available let me go back to full duty which seemed okay but what he also did was close my case which I didn't think was a big deal at the time but he also wrote "no future medical" which really screwed me over. This one clerk explained this to me at the doctors office and told me that the next time something like this happened that I should contact my workers comp claims adjustor and gave me the number.

Because of this I had to see a regular medical doctor, I was going to see this one doctor who saw my Dad, Mom as well as me for many years but called his office to find out that he has been retired since December. So now I had to go doctor hunting, I luckily found a doctor. The doctor wrote a note saying I would be off work for 3 weeks but because it is not a workers comp issue I have to apply for state disability and have no idea how to even begin going about that.

oh boy t hat is a kick in the face. I have had something of the sort happen to my son. His father was supposed to cover him on insurance... my son got the insurance card in january and I didn't have to use it till september... when I got the bill i nearly paniced, called his insurance only to find out they canceled it in february... not a single person said a thing to me about it, no letters no nothing, not even his good for nothing father... so even silence can be misinformation heh.... it was hell and i owe over 600 dollars for my kids er visit for Strep >.<

I've had an experience like this. When I was sick for a week and I went back to school, nobody informed me about any homework that I missed, no emails, nothing. So, I hope that never happens again.