Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog

shootingscuddy

Well, I wouldn't say it's the only thing that can make me happy, but yes, this would does suck...

Oh, and this doesn't belong in the Welcoming Plaza, this should of went into Sugercube Corner.

Edited by 3p1cd3m0n

hello and welcome. And yes I know what you mean, its kinda like you wish you had friends that were as helpful and loyal in the show. But you should not be depressed about it. Best thing you could do is have a hobby you enjoy... it really help make you feel better

I agree woth IAMTommyWiseau. But I hate it when people dislike MLP because of the "demographic", especially when people use homophobic slurs to describe people who like the show.

Its even worse when you visit places like Youtube & 4chan. I swear if that's the only impression people get of the show, I cant say I'm suprised people are so cynical.

• 5 months later...

Weird, I have the same thing. I've never had depression before in my whole life. I guess I'm just sad that the show would never become the real deal.

• Brohoof 1

Its even worse when you visit places like Youtube & 4chan. I swear if that's the only impression people get of the show, I cant say I'm suprised people are so cynical.

Well 4chan is a site where you can say whatever you want, so they may say it just to get out agression and frustration. Basically everyone gets bashed at on 4chan. I am a regular user of 4chan and i use it sometimes to mindlessly let my anger go out on other people that are there for just the same reason as me.

Btw OP i also use mlp to cope with my depression. But try getting a change of scenery once in a while, excercise and dont hang out on forums til its 4AM. Helped me alot.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Normally when I arrive home from a long day, I'll sit and watch a few episodes. though sometimes, people in my family prevent me from doing so, sometimes makes me break into violent meltdowns for some reason :blink: Somepony tell me, is this normal?

As great as mlp is, this is not normal. Try to find other things in life to enjoy.

I have many many things and mlp is just a tiny tiny part of my life, no bigger than loving something like legend of Zelda. Others might revolve their life around it, but those will feel very depressed after the show unavoidable death =[

• Brohoof 1

There is only one solution to this problem. We much watch Mlp 24/7. I'll go get the chips.

But seriously I kinda know what you mean. Its pretty depressing to think that life will never be as good as in mlp.

yeah, I mean I love a game of Serious Sam every now and again, however turning things into chunks seems to lose its charm after a while. I'd love to find another brony around here to talk to, but where I am, your more likely too get your head kicked in if you even mention ponies :blush:

If this show is the only thing that makes you happy, causing you to melt down and exhibit bouts of anger, then yes. There is a problem. There may be things in your life preventing you from feeling happiness. Let's take a look at the show. It's about rainbow-colored ponies that can fly and have magical powers, that can speak and have formed a society and a monarchy. Put simply, it's a fantasy. I'm no psychologist or anything, but I would say that the reason the show makes you so happy where other things do not is because it's a fantasy. It allows you to escape into a world where you can forget that the problems and issues of this world exist. This can be a good coping mechanism for immediate events, like having a bad day at work/school, getting into a fight with your friend, etc. However, when it's taken place of anything else you were able to enjoy in your life or when it's become something that you simply cannot do without, this is significant of a problem. That you, daily, need to escape to this fantasy world indicates that there's something in this world that you're failing to or cannot cope with. I'm not saying that you shouldn't watch and enjoy the show, even if you're using it to cope. However, at the same time, I think that you should be looking at the things in your life which are causing you unhappiness. Granted, it's not as pleasant as MLP, but in the long run, it will be better for your mental and emotional health. This may require as little as acknowledging your problems, and may be entirely within your control to change. However, if the issues you're experiencing are too much for you to handle, I recommend seeking professional help. And I'm not saying that everyone needs this, that everyone who watches the show has emotional problems or that the show is in any way bad. However, for the people who are unable to derive happiness from anywhere outside the show, I think that rather than ignoring and running away from any problems you may have, it would be much better for you to try and seek resolution.

Edited by Clover Heart
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog DogDog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog DogDog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog DogDog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog DogDog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog Dog

Edited by shootingscuddy
  • Brohoof 3

You know, I made this post shortly after I became a brony. I was going through a rough patch, and escaping to the sacred realm of Equestria took my mind off of my problems. I even saw ponies irl often. I guess my mind just went into shock after being so desensitized and watching mindless violence on tv shows, movies, and games. All is well now though :)

Oh, well, I'm glad you're feeling better :) Yeah, I had noticed the time stamp and considered that that might not be the case any longer. But someone else posted more recently that they feel similarly, so I figured I'd just get kind of a blanket message across that anyone who feels similarly can read.

Well since this world that we live in is utter hell most of the time... (not all the time) I sometimes feel sad/depressed that we can't live in a world like equestria... But at the same time I appreciate the time and effort that was put into this show to make it as awesome as it is :D

I have a chemical inbalance of some sort that makes me feel constantly depressed. My life is utter hell right now and will be for the next 2 years (for personal reasons). So when I watch My Little Pony I sometimes get a little sad that I can't live in a world where there are little to no flaws in life and everyone is so friendly with each other. I KNOW I'm not the only one feeling like this either. :( Edited by Alex Pony
  • Brohoof 2