*blows dust away* It's been how long since I did a blog? Two months? That's not too bad. Wait, who am I talking too? I suck at writing intros...
Greetings, everypony, your friendly neighborhood Woohoo here. For a while now, I've been thinking about using my blog on a more regular basis. Up until now, the only regular thing I do here on my blog is "Woohoo Rewatches: MLP Seasons," which is way too infrequent if you ask me. After weeks of thinking of ideas (mostly thinking up of a title), I finally came up with something.
So here's the launch of my new projected, it's called:
"You can't spell 'slaughter' without 'laughter' and these songs are jokes." Midnight Scribbler came up with the name and subtitle
What is "Musical Manslaughter" about? Well if you can't tell by the title, I basically rip apart songs I absolutely hate in a pretty exaggerated and humorous way and give them a score. It's kind of like Mr. Enter's "Animated Atrocities" (only with less shouting) mixed in with Buckley's "Musical Autopsy" and "Todd in the Shadows." Also like Mr. Enter, I've created my own scorecard (seen below) where I'll score the songs on the following categories:
- Cringe-inducing lyrics: When the lyrics of a song cause me distress, pretty self-explanatory
- Cringe-inducing music: Same as above, except with the music
- Poor Production: Do I think the songwriting, sound quality, structure, song length, etc. is lacking
- Overplayed: Do I think this song is played way too much, this one is really subjective
- Overly Repetitious: Pretty self-explanatory, one of my many pet peeves in music
- Nonsensicality: Do I think the song's subject matter or lyrics are nonsensical, this one is also really subjective
- Negative Effects: Did the song do anything negative to me, such as getting stuck in my head, giving me nightmares, losing faith in humanity, etc. I'm also including the negative effects of the song on the artist(s) and other people. This is probably the most subjective category. Also, this category is two points per box, bringing the total score to 80
It's still somewhat of a work in progress...
Yeah I'm totally ripping off Mr. Enter
Now for some disclaimers. This is all my subjective opinion, so don't get your jimmies rustled when I tear into a song you like. Just because I hate your favorite song doesn't mean I'll hate you (but I might hate you if say something like "how dare u! dis is da gretest song eva and ur just a jelus hater! >:(") Also, I am not, and probably never will be, an expert on music so my opinions may come off as flawed. Like I said earlier, it's all my subjective opinion. I don't think I ever have been objective... maybe. Oh, one more thing. I don't take requests.