Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would the Flutter Ponie's sun stone of G1 be like a Philosopher's stone?

ManaMinori

It kinda seems like it is, and if any pony would be considered truly immortal, it'd be the flutter ponies. Not alicorns (who are just longer lived. Doesn't mean they're not able to die)

This is what the Sun ponies sing about their sun stone:

From the sun comes light
From the sun comes power
It's the sun up high in the sky
that makes the flowers flower

From the sun comes warmth
From the sun comes day time
It's the sun and it's light beaming bright
that brings the fruit and maytime

Winter, summer, spring and fall
The sun shines through it all
From the sun comes warmth
From the sun comes daytime

Here's to the sun up above
From the sun, from the sun, from the sun
Comes love

(and now for the reprise)

From the sun comes life, from the sun comes power
When the sun starts to rise in the skies
The flowers start to flower

From the sun comes hope, from the sun comes laughter
With the sun in it's place, we'll embrace a happy ever after
Summer, winter, fall and spring, it makes the whole world sing

From the sun, comes hope
From the sun, comes laughter
Here's to the sun up above

From the sun, from the sun, from the sun
Comes love

It's shown that the sun stone, when taken away from Flutter Valley, prevented anything from living where it once was, and everything started dying when night set in without the stone. So do you guys think that so long that the Flutter Ponies were in contact with the stone, that it would effect them the same way, allowing them to pretty much be immortal?

So do you guys think that so long that the Flutter Ponies were in contact with the stone, that it would effect them the same way, allowing them to pretty much be immortal?

Nope. Wanna know why? Because the Bumble Bee queen actually came in contact with it while stealing it (She picked it up), and it didn't do anything to her.

Nope. Wanna know why? Because the Bumble Bee queen actually came in contact with it while stealing it (She picked it up), and it didn't do anything to her.

but Bumble only had the stone around for a very short length of time. She would have to be constantly near the stone at all times to have the live-giving effects effect her, like the stone does to the area around the Flutter valley; it's always bright and beautiful and things grow there because of the stone. This was seen when Bumble brought over the stone to her place- it did make life flourish out of a winter wasteland, but it went right back to that as soon as the stone was taken back by the Flutter Ponies. So being out of the stone's vicinity wouldn't make Bumble immortal, just because she once had it in her possession. You're either close to it or be cut off from its life-giving powers.

• 4 weeks later...

Sort of related:

post-26748-0-89924800-1408800761.jpg

post-26748-0-03754600-1408800786.jpg

Sun stone and the thing with the bees was mentioned in Big Mac's comic art. It was a whole side story that took place in the background. I only noticed because I just reread it, and then saw this thread. Didnt know what it was referencing till now.

Sort of related:

attachicon.gifsun stone.jpg

attachicon.gifsun stone 2.jpg

Sun stone and the thing with the bees was mentioned in Big Mac's comic art. It was a whole side story that took place in the background. I only noticed because I just reread it, and then saw this thread. Didnt know what it was referencing till now.

yeah, I kinda already brought up that in a different thread, trying to prove that G1 and G4 take place in the same world, and one of my proofs of evidence involved those pics. This is a slightly different topic of that same sunstone- again, also from g1- being like a philosopher's stone.