Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what Pony should i draw?

kageyuki

You can try drawing your impression of one pony my friend came up with - it has like peach-colored body, pink head, no mane & curly brown/black tail. Also, there's like a collar on the neck. The pony is called Circo (or Circum) Bolt & has a cutie mark as bolt with a nut on it.

Well... It all depends on what you want to do, really.

First off, let's find out what you DON'T want to do; Complicated pony figures or custom ponies. Complicated ponies, much like Rarity with her mane, will not help you if you are just starting out. Pretty much all artists agree that she has a very complicated, swirly design that is AGONY to get right. So avoid her & other complicated ponies until you feel you are strong enough in your art style & skills to do so, otherwise you'll just get frustrated before you're done. Secondly, custom ponies have the same problem, except there is no show standard to work with. Unless it is your own creation that you can make as you want, avoid custom ponies till you feel safe in your art style & skills for the same reason as complicated ponies.

Now, what do you WANT to do; Start off simple. I am not sure which of the mane 6 are the simplest, but I would say AJ probably has the least complex design. Her's is fairly simple in colors, shape, & overall style. Her mane & tail are quite simple to create, & she has plenty of good vectors from what I have seen. Thus she makes a great beginner model for anyone who wants to try pony artwork. I did mention custom ponies would be a bad start, however if you have your own OC you wish to create & have a basis to work off of, that would also be really good. It would allow you to experiment the most without being pressured to make it show standard. Now, of course, if you want to get good at drawing ponies it is best to work on show standard, however to just get used to the body type & styles of our equine friends.

I am not an artist, not by far, so these are all subject to change. Mostly I asked a couple of art friends what they thought & compiled it together here. Hopefully this advice helps, & I can't wait to see your art in the future! Best of luck!

You can try drawing your impression of one pony my friend came up with - it has like peach-colored body, pink head, no mane & curly brown/black tail. Also, there's like a collar on the neck. The pony is called Circo (or Circum) Bolt & has a cutie mark as bolt with a nut on it.

sorry but i kinda of want to draw one thats in the show

Umm try Flutterbat...shes a hard draw but very fun too.

well i was thinking about  Fluttershy

Well... It all depends on what you want to do, really.

First off, let's find out what you DON'T want to do; Complicated pony figures or custom ponies. Complicated ponies, much like Rarity with her mane, will not help you if you are just starting out. Pretty much all artists agree that she has a very complicated, swirly design that is AGONY to get right. So avoid her & other complicated ponies until you feel you are strong enough in your art style & skills to do so, otherwise you'll just get frustrated before you're done. Secondly, custom ponies have the same problem, except there is no show standard to work with. Unless it is your own creation that you can make as you want, avoid custom ponies till you feel safe in your art style & skills for the same reason as complicated ponies.

Now, what do you WANT to do; Start off simple. I am not sure which of the mane 6 are the simplest, but I would say AJ probably has the least complex design. Her's is fairly simple in colors, shape, & overall style. Her mane & tail are quite simple to create, & she has plenty of good vectors from what I have seen. Thus she makes a great beginner model for anyone who wants to try pony artwork. I did mention custom ponies would be a bad start, however if you have your own OC you wish to create & have a basis to work off of, that would also be really good. It would allow you to experiment the most without being pressured to make it show standard. Now, of course, if you want to get good at drawing ponies it is best to work on show standard, however to just get used to the body type & styles of our equine friends.

I am not an artist, not by far, so these are all subject to change. Mostly I asked a couple of art friends what they thought & compiled it together here. Hopefully this advice helps, & I can't wait to see your art in the future! Best of luck!

oh g i have drew ponys before just never get around to upload them but thank you very much for being so helpful

• Brohoof 1

oh g i have drew ponys before just never get around to upload them but thank you very much for being so helpful

Oh sorry, I thought you were new to it lol. Anyways... I would love to see your art once you get around to doing it, if you don't mind lol. Whoever you do, I am sure it will look wonderful :)

Oh sorry, I thought you were new to it lol. Anyways... I would love to see your art once you get around to doing it, if you don't mind lol. Whoever you do, I am sure it will look wonderful :)

oh its all right and i upload it here so you can see it

• Brohoof 1