Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

More Recent Topics !

Whooves

Hello,

My suggestion is very simple, really. Instead of "5" recent topics on the sidebar, can you make it display 10? I know this is possible administration wise but it was more a question towards the admins.

- Whooves

Hello,

My suggestion is very simple, really. Instead of "5" recent topics on the sidebar, can you make it display 10? I know this is possible administration wise but it was more a question towards the admins.

- Whooves

This won't be hard to change, but changing the sidebar hook to display 10 topics instead of 5 would make the sidebar much longer than the board index, which will leave a lot of awkward whitespace. But it looks like a few new sections will be getting added soon, so if there's room to spare, I'll see how far I can extend it.

If the length of the boards is a problem perhaps you could add a mini-scrollbar on the side of it to make up for the lack of index length?

The sidebar hook is only meant to give you a quick idea of what's new. I'm not going to be adding any scrollbars to it - if you're really looking for a comprehensive list of every new topic, IP.Board has a wonderful feature called View New Content (accessible from every single page of the forums). Give it a try.

I was merely giving it as a suggestion. lol

All suggestions are welcome and very much appreciated! I was just taking the time to respond to your suggestion with what I think is a reasonable alternative to what it would accomplish. :)

Oh I know. But I mean my suggestion was meant only as a suggestion, not as a personal level of involvement. I don't use the recent topics bar. Just postin' a suggestion based on what was said. =P

Though it's good to know there's always alternatives should I need it.

• Brohoof 1

You must understand though, that people wanna see new stuff fast, the less extra work the better. Being a webmaster myself i know that this is important. Not pushing you to do it tho.

How about an option to change it from Recent Topics to Recent Topics You Posted In? I know I don't use it but would love to be able to see topics which I posted in there.

Whoa didn't notice that birthdays and events were now added too, that could indeed make the sidebar a bit too long.

There's also a hook that displays Recent posts instead of recent topics.