open Where Star shines Hearth Warming

Jolt-Thunderbolt

Tempest looked at the waiter blankly for a moment, "Uh... Hi I'm Tempest Shift nice to meet you. Sorry about the commotion on the way in. I Promise It wont happen again"

He looks around to see if any damage has been done upon his 'landing' as spots a broken chair, "I'll pay for that" He apologises quickly.

@,

"Gut. Vhen ve are all on good terms, ya?" said Bailey. "Anyvay, it is certainly nice to meet you, erm... Tempest Shift." He looked at the two stallions. "I see you've met Riley Blythe. Pretty regular customer here."

"Anyvay, shall I get anything for you two?" he asked.

Riley grabbed the menu and showed it to Tempest. "See? Fairly good selection of meals and drinks."

"Though if you are looking for ze prim and fancy Canterlot stuff, zis is not ze place," said Bailey.

@Rainbow Eclipse, "Not a problem, I don't live too far from here, the prices in Canterlot are far too overpriced as well." Tempest smiles.

"Surprise me, I'm up for anything right now and everything here looks amazing." Tempest said with a happy and calm tone.

"What are you getting Riley?" Tempest asked.

@,

Riley looked at the menu. "Same as usual," he decided. "That being, The Frayed Saddle specialty hayburger."

Bailey shook his head and smiled. "You never tire of zat sandvich, do you, boy?" he said to Riley, ruffling the red Pegasus' mane.

He turned to Tempest. "You vant a surprise, eh? Vell, zat can certainly be arranged."

He turned to leave, but then came back. "Oh, and don't worry about ze chair. 'Tis ze time of Hearth's Warming. Besides, zose stools are cheaper zan *insert something cheap to compare it to*."

He then left to go prepare the food.

@Rainbow Eclipse, "This place seem nice Riley. I didn't know there was a restaurant this close to where I lived. It looks nice and has a nice ambiance to it." Tempest looked about the restaurant, noticing that everyone was enjoying their meals, no one was disappointed or annoyed, it was nice to in a calm area even on a day such as this.

"I may just come back here in my spare time in the near future" Tempest said happily.

@,

"Great!" said Riley. "This bar is a pretty regular hangout place for me and my buddies, so it'll be nice to have a new friend to the roster."

The doors swung open as a lanky, black and white stallion ran in. "Am I late?" he asked to nopony in particular. He sat at the piano and began playing a Hearth's Warming Eve carol.

"Sounds good as usual, Clavier!" called Riley, and tossed some Bits into the hat beside the pianist.

Edited by Rainbow Eclipse

@Rainbow Eclipse, Tempest looks at the pianist and smiled, "Finally, something a little more festive for this holiday. Does he play regularly here?" Tempest knew the tune of the carol, but had forgotten the song name.

He sat there and tried to remember what it was called Tempest leant over to the hat and put some bits in as well.

"Hey Riley? What's that song called, I can't put my hoof on it's name..." And he was lost in his trail of thought again, he just sat there scratching his chin with his hoof slowly.

Edited by Tempest Shift

@,

"Yup!" said Riley. "Clavier is a regular player here. The donations go to the upkeep of the bar."

"What's the song called?" he restated. "Uh... I'm pretty sure it's something to do with chestnuts."

"Oh! You've just reminded me," said Bailey. He placed a bowl of chestnuts on the counter. "Complimentary to everypony," he said with a smile.

(OOC: Check with Jolt to see where and if you can jump in/intro yourself. By my understanding there's a group in Manehatten and a group in Canterlot.)

@Rainbow Eclipse, Tempest closes his eyes and listens to the music for a while. He accidentally falls asleep for a few seconds. He wakes up suddenly and looks about and puts a few more bits in the hat. He picks up and eats a chestnut. "Thanks Bailey." He smiled happily.

"I'll have to take my friend here when I get him down here from Canterlot" Tempest looked over to the kitchen door. "I'm looking forward to being 'surprised' by my meal." He said to Riley, while enjoying the music.

Edited by Tempest Shift

@,

Riley smiled at his new friend, and tossed another generous donation into Clavier's hat.

Just then, Bailey placed a rather tall hayburger in front of Riley, and a vegetable pie in front of Tempest with a helping of fries.

"Thanks, Bailey!" said Riley, and paid for both meals.

@Rainbow Eclipse, "Looks great! Thanks Bailey." He looks over his pie and smells it. His stomach grumbles. "Eheheh... I guess it's time to eat. By the way thanks for paying, you didn't need to" And with that he starts eating.

A few minutes later he finishes the pie and sits there happily, appreciating the food. "Thanks again Riley. Feel free to pop around whenever you want, I barely have anyone over anyway and there's always a cider or two in the fridge"

He looked at his watch. "I don't know why I'm checking the time, I don't do anything until tomorrow." Tempest said quietly to himself.

"So... What do you plan to do next?" Tempest said.

@,

Riley thought about Tempest Shift's last question and put a hoof to his chin. "I think I'll go over to the field on the outskirts of the city and see Anala," he said. "I'm pretty sure she'll still be out here manning her archery business."

"Wanna come with?" he asked.

@Rainbow Eclipse, "Sure, I love meeting new people and like I said, I have nothing planned today." Tempest said curiously. "I've never tried archery before, I could give it a go I guess"

"I'll probably be terrible at it, heh... Still never try, never know, right?" He said jokingly.

"When do we set off to meet your friend then?" Tempest asked.

@,

"Now, if you don't mind," replied Riley, getting up, having finished his burger. "I've got as much slash little planned as you do."

"And don't get yourself down," he said with an encouraging smile. "I was kind of a klutz when she first taught me, but now, I'm not bad at it."

@Rainbow Eclipse, "Cool, so lets go then? I'm excited to meet your friend now! If you claim she can teach someone like me archery then lets get to it!" Tempest gets up too quickly and gets a head rush. "Oh wow... Remind me not to get up so quickly next time."

As Tempest gets ready to leave, something in his saddlebags starts vibrating and emitting light, realizing he'd accidentally put his treasured Anhk in his bags he quickly covers it in a brilliant white cloth. "Sorry about that." He smiled.

Tempest gets a bottle out his saddlebag and takes a few sips. "Ah... Much better, shall we get going then?" He asked, raring to meet Riley's friend.

Edited by Tempest Shift

@,

(OOC: BAM PLOT TWIST)

"Yup! I'm reddy to go!" answered Riley, gesturing a hoof towards his red coat. And with that, the two stallions began heading down towards their destination, Riley leading the way.

"By the way, what's that glowing thing in your bag?" he asked Tempest.

@Rainbow Eclipse, Tempest facehoofs at the comment. "Wow... Warn me next time there's a terrible pun incoming." He laughed.

"The glowing and vibrating thing was my family heirloom that I tend to keep on me when I'm off adventuring, or if I'm at a rather lively performance. According to my crazy aunt it wards off evil spirits and in times of great danger will teleport me to a safe place. I didn't think I had it in this bag. The glowing shouldn't happen again though." He explained happily to Riley.

"Still lets go, you lead and I'll follow you there." He said happily.

Edited by Tempest Shift

@,

Riley listened as Tempest gave his explanation. "Sounds pretty cool!" he said.

"Oh, here we are!" They had arrived at the field on the outskirts of the city. There was an archery board, a bow, plenty of arrows, and a supply shed. A white mare with a dark grey braided mane and tail and a beret the same colour as her coat was sitting there, surveying the field and the sky.

"Hey, Anala!" called Riley.

Anala turned to the source of the voice. "Hey there, Rye," she greeted. "Who's this you have with you?"

(Jesus you're a fast typer xD)

@Rainbow Eclipse, "Yeah hi, I'm Tempest Shift nice to meet you Anala? Your friend Riley just happened to suddenly appeared in my life, quite literally." He said jokingly.

"Nice to meet you." He beamed. "So you teach archery? I'v'e always wanted to try it myself but never found a place or time to do it. However I have as much free time as I need right now considering it's the holiday" Tempest said looking at the archery range.

@,

Anala was curious about what crazy story would be told about how Riley came to meet Tempest Shift, but she decided to ask later.

"Nice to meet you, Tempest Shift. Anala Elderberry," she introduced herself. "And yup, I teach archery." She grabbed her bow and an arrow, stood up on her hind legs, and shot, landing a bullseye.

"Wanna try it?" she asked. "The normal price is ten Bits for an hour's session, but you can have a go for free as a Hearth's Warming's Eve present."

@Rainbow Eclipse,

"Why not, lets see what I can do." He says to Anala calmly, trying to hide his excitement. "And you don't need to make it free, business is business."

Tempest gives her 10 bits and follows her down to the archery range.

"So what do I do at this point? Since I'm completely new here."

Edited by Tempest Shift

@,

Giving the ten bits back to Tempest, Anala led him to the destination. "Do you know how to hold a bow and arrow?" she asked. "Since you're a Pegasus, you should be able to hold it with your front hooves while in mid-air."

"I couldn't fly when Anala first taught me," said Riley. "So I sat on her back. She's plenty stronger than me, since she's an Earth Pony."

@Rainbow Eclipse,

Tempest picks up the bow and slots an arrow into the string and draws the arrow to the bow, "Uh... like this?" He used his wings to hold himself up. "Is this right?"

He gets a bit ahead of himself and forgets to wait for her to respond.

He lets go with the wrong hoof and the bow flies back and whacks him in the face, "Ow... Should've seen that coming... Why don't you demonstrate slowly to me so I can see how it's done by a professional. And also gives me time to recover what's left of my dignity..." He says, rubbing his head from where the bow impacted his head but still a cheery look and a smile.

Edited by Tempest Shift

@,

"Just be grateful that it was the blunt side that hit you," said Anala, looking down at Tempest. She picked up the bow and the arrow, pulled back, and shot the arrow at the target, landing it in the ring directly around the bullseye.

"Ready to try again?" she asked.

@Rainbow Eclipse,

"Sure, lets give this another go." He picks up the bow, draws an arrow and lets it loose.

The arrow lands a few inches away from the target.

"Almost. But not quite, still I think I did well considering its my second shot I've ever taken." He said happily as he drew another arrow from his quiver.

"I bet I can hit the target this time!" He declares. The draws back the arrow, stretching the bowstring as far as it needs to be, and fires the arrow.