My Custom OC Plushie!

Nervous Stitch

WHOO!

I've finally finished updating the pattern I have for mares and making it into something I'm happy with. There have been so many pony heads around my dorm, it was getting to be a little creepy!

I decided to make an OC to plushify, since all the minky I really had on hand were colors for Trixie and white (and some obnoxious pink and green that probably wouldn't have worked well) so Sea Shanty was born.

Her hair got downgraded a little bit due to the difficulty that I originally made it. I haven't put much thought into the character, and this will probably (maybe?) be the last I see of/do with her  :(  She may still get a sailor hat and a sailor suit when I can get down to the store for a zipper/some buttons.

Sorry for the wordiness, just excited. Cue terrible phone pictures!

post-31687-0-08197100-1424913045_thumb.jpg

post-31687-0-94473300-1424913055_thumb.jpg

post-31687-0-37905900-1424913848_thumb.jpg

Just noticed the chicken in the background while previewing post. :lol:  Hes jealous!

Ooh, also - any tips/criticisms about mostly the body (or the mane/tail too, I just probably wont ever do that exact shape again) is super welcomed. I think I get a little bit blind to issues after staring at the body for too long. I'm still working on those flat hooves! 

Edited by Nervous Stitch
  • Brohoof 10

@,

@@Shark Woona,

@@Spartan,

@@~Sassy Dashie~

Thank you all so much! I would eventually like to sell them one day, but that is when I'm a lot more confident in their quality  :lol:  I see why the plushies for sale are hundreds of dollars! It is a lot of work! Trying to think of who to do next... :confused:

I know I would def buy one of Cloud wing! 

Not to mention, yours look very high quality! <3

Next as in a new plush? Maybe try someone like Rainbow Dash?

v2xk5f.png

Friendship is not about whom you've known the longest..It's about those who've never left your side.

Ask me anything!    My OC

Siggie by the lovely MiniKirby123

I would love to do one of Rainbow Dash if I didn't have to buy each of the colors! The fabric is so expensive  :(  and I can get at minimum half a yard. She would certainly be a "when I have tons of fabric from plushing so long" pony. 

Maybe in a few ponies, I may try to see if I can make a few OCs for people over time. Only issue is that there are some difficult shapes to plush that I can purposefully change/avoid in my own OCs - I can't just change other peoples about!

I know I have to make my boyfriend one; the only pony he has is from my old pattern! 

I really appreciate all the interest. Makes me want to stop being so lazy and taking so long to make a single pony!

• Brohoof 3

I would love to do one of Rainbow Dash if I didn't have to buy each of the colors! The fabric is so expensive  :(  and I can get at minimum half a yard. She would certainly be a "when I have tons of fabric from plushing so long" pony. 

Maybe in a few ponies, I may try to see if I can make a few OCs for people over time. Only issue is that there are some difficult shapes to plush that I can purposefully change/avoid in my own OCs - I can't just change other peoples about!

I know I have to make my boyfriend one; the only pony he has is from my old pattern! 

I really appreciate all the interest. Makes me want to stop being so lazy and taking so long to make a single pony!

I didn't think about that!  It must be expensive! :(

Haha yeah.  I'm the kind of person who doesn't care about that stuff X3 the only thing that matters to me is that the person tried, and put their time, talent love and effort into it <3

• Brohoof 2

v2xk5f.png

Friendship is not about whom you've known the longest..It's about those who've never left your side.

@@~Sassy Dashie~

Aww! That is a very sweet way of thinking. I find myself too wrapped up in every little detail to ever be done trying to fix all the problems  :lol:

Thank you <3

Aww don't do that!  Sometimes if you try too hard, it ruins something perfect.  (I'm an artist and that happens often)

Sometimes you just gotta stop, take a step back, and admire your work and think to yourself  "Do I need to go through all that trouble if it looks this good?" X3

v2xk5f.png

I know, haha, I start to fix issues and create more in the meantime  :lol:

I think I enjoy the challenge, though. If what I made was perfect, there would be no way to improve! And eventually I would like to mainly make OCs, so I'm trying to get to a quality that is pretty acceptable for most everyone. This is getting kind of close to what my best is right now, though. Pretty happy with it!  :yay:

• Brohoof 2

Perhaps I was wrong about this being the end of miss Sea Shanty  :yay:

I've been wanting to play around with customs for a little while, so I thought Shanty might as well be my first.

I need to up my eye game. :wacko:

post-31687-0-15833700-1425075248_thumb.jpg

post-31687-0-44788600-1425075262_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nervous Stitch
  • Brohoof 1

Never enough Sea Shanty.  ;)

Anyways, amazing job on this plushie! I also really like the little figure. They're just so cute!  :) You should totally continue doing things like this. Maybe even do commissions in the future, haha~  :grin2:

@,

Thanks! That is super cute. Did you make it yourself? I really like her mane.

@,

I appreciate it! You all are making me consider that more and more! :lol:  

Oh, no. My friend had it commissioned for me as a gift.

She was just a bit kver $100.00

Do you take commissions?

oh  :lol: she looks fantastic regardless. The artist did great!

I'm not sure if I feel confident in my skills quite yet. I hopefully will start embroidering one of the mane six tonight and tackle some difficulties I had with Sea Shanty. Feel free to stay on my butt and we can see what happens commission wise!  ;)