open M.E.C.H (RP)

Drago Ryder

(edited)

Unlike his other airborne companions, Cura chose to hoof it back to Ponyville. As much as he may have wanted to fly there, he didn't want to risk reopening his gash. There wasn't much conversation as they traveled, though again their wasn't much to discuss as most of the group appeared to be wrapped up in their own thoughts. Since we're heading back to Ponyville, I wonder if I could convince the rest of the group to revisit what's left of the clinic. I wasn't exactly in the right frame of mind when I left and I'm sure there are plenty of things that could help the group as well as giving me the time for some personal matters. As they finally exited the forest they could finally catch their first glimpse of the smoking ruins once known as Ponyville. It was a rather depressing sight, Homes and buildings stood gutted, with parts exposed to the elements, while others where blackened by fires that had long since put themselves out, some were merely rubble. However, these ruins were far from unguarded as they was forced to hide from its sole remaining inhabitants, the machines. It seemed luck was on their side as they did eventually reach their destination, a metal hut. What could be so important here? 

As Cura carefully stepped through the shattered door frame he found the interior in shambles, dust, debris, and garbage littered everywhere, clearly showing that somepony had lived here recently and judging from the expressions Lektra was giving, it hadn't been her. It didn't take them long to reach the basement, where what Cura could only assume as half-finished and failed creations sitting on tables or in heaps in one of the corners and schematics covered the walls. Somepony had a lot of time on her hooves. He observed as he glanced around the room, though his gaze soon focused on a vault that hummed softly along with the bodies of broken androids laying across the wall from it. He could only guess that they had tried to break in it only to be destroyed by whatever enchantment surrounded the vault. ​What could be so important If this many androids tried to get in that vault? Apparently he wasn't the only one curious as the bat pony asked what was the contents of the vault, though he had barely finished when he began to grit his teeth in what Cura assumed to be pain. Alarmed he quickly trotted over to him, asking, " Are you alright?" @@Drago Ryder,

Edited by Blacklight

Aurora checks the piles finding the access unit but sighs in defeat at the fact some of the important circuits were damaged or destroyed.

"PonyFeathers, this one is perfect but some of the important curcuits were damaged or destroyed. Can you fix it Lektra?"

She hooves the device to Lektra.

(edited)

I hoped Tempest was okay. I didn't really know what to do about that. Maybe one of the others could help him. My forte was machines and enchanted machines, not personal problems.

Aurora checked out the damaged bots, looking for parts. There was one that seemed important. "Sure, no problem. Let's just get the stuff with the Vault taken care of first though." I figured at least Aurora would appreciate what was in the vault.

I went over to a hole by the vault and inserted my horn like a key, then turned my head 45 degrees clockwise. There was a clink as my horn was recognized and there was a sort of tug on it. I then put my right front hoof on a reader. "Bolt Command, Delta, 9-er, 66, Open Sez Me." I said as I felt my horn released, and there was a soft hum as the magic EMP field disappeared. The opening method had been recognized. The doors opened to reveal a room. I motioned the others inside.

Against the walls were various Magitek weapons I'd deemed too dangerous. They were from the days when I thought the world would soon end and they would be needed to prevent it. It had been a year since they'd been sealed away. But these were not the reason I'd wanted to come here. In front of us was a circular stage for one pony to stand on. Right in front of the stage was a rack. On the rack laid parts of something I had hoped I'd never have to use. Sure it was cool and all, but still it was incredibly dangerous. With MECH in control of the world, this was needed. We had to use everything at our disposal. I took off my toolbelt and goggles, floating them onto a nearby table. I'd put the belt back on later.

"The Version 4.2 Magitek Combat Armor. I'd hoped I'd never have to use this." The armor was colored in shades of yellow and gray. I stood on the stage facing the entry and my friends, spreading my forehooves triumphantly on the floor and arching my back to prepare for what was to come. As much as I'd hoped to never use it, I was still excited to activate it. I spoke a voice command. "Initialize sequence." The parts on the rack hummed to life and the crystal in the chestpiece lit up a bright white. I'd practiced it in my mind many times, but I had honestly never done this before. If one looked closely, they could see I was a bit unsure of myself with the beads of sweat forming on my face. I raised my left front hoof and posed dramatically.

The left front hoof piece flew off the rack and attached to me, then the right did the same thing. Next the right back hoof, followed by the left back hoof. Each hoof piece had a glowing white crystal in the center. The front shoulder joints flew in and attached next, followed by the ones for the back hooves. The four shoulder joints formed the armor connections between them. Next the codpiece and the rump piece, with my tail poking out. The rump piece could extend armor for my tail, but I felt it wasn't needed right now. The back piece attached after that, and as I momentarily stood up on my hindquarters the chest piece flew in to attach. The crystal was visible as I stood back down. It momentarily glowed a brighter white light as the other pieces synchronized with it. Green-yellow mana lines moved through the armor as the pieces harmonized. The neck armoring formed a helmet at this point, with the horn extension going over my horn as well. The last piece was the faceplate, which was still laying on the rack. It hummed to life and went in the wrong direction, ending up in the middle of the room. Then it flew upside-down at me. Oh great, just like the time in the comics. I could swear I didn't tell the spell to do that. I jumped up and flipped in the air with my four jets as the faceplate attached properly and I landed on the stage right side up triumphantly. I was breathing so heavily that it could be heard in the room as the heads up display lit up.

I was floating in a world of my own, surrounded by a yellow sphere. Darkness otherwise. Magitek OS was blind as it got used to me and fed me information. Pieces of the sphere started to fill in as the sensors began to read my surroundings in a 360 degree angle. It was a bit odd seeing like this, but I'd designed it this way and would get used to it. I stepped down from the stage. Sparky would attach to the armor later, but right now he was observing for abnormalities.

I was still breathing heavily with my heart racing. I had to calm down. The suit-up process was a success. I willed the faceplate up, testing the interface as it opened up. "So, this is what's in the Dangerous Invention Vault. You may all choose whatever you want off the walls. We'll need it in the battles to come."

I floated in the part Aurora asked me to fix, using the armor sensors to zoom in like I'd done previously with the magnifying glass on my goggles. "I'll be working a bit on this part. You may ask questions after I'm done. I'm sorry if this is a bit much to take in for some of you."

Edited by bronislav84

Aurora says, "Let me guess, you got the same idea as me from the Iron Mare comics? Did you take into account of potentially having to face Alicorn type units controlled by M.E.C.H? I have my alicorn armor augments For if we need them in my adaptation pack. As for needed weapons, I like the idea. Is that made of magitanium?"

Aurora is looking right at her and yet she has already examined and determined the two suits are on equal par with eachother. Despite her's can't come off fully like Lektra's can and that her is pegasus based not unicorn based.

She looks through the items for a device that could stimulate her weather magic and allow for precise striking control of electricity.

Tempest glanced at Cura and nodded slightly. "Yeah. I'm fine. It was just a headache." He said. The bat pony then looked at Lektra and Aurora. He was honestly impressed as to what hesaw, but Aurora made a good point. "As far as I can tell, I don't think that MECH has any alicorn units, and if they do, Luna have mercy on us all." This made his thoughts turn to Dawn and a pit formed in his stomach.

Aurora continues to look the items over. She claims a mini mana cannon and a device that looks to help focusing of energy types. It looks compatable with her energy core matrix and suit systems.

She quickly installs the device and a single bolt of lightning Hits right where she wants it to. No items or allies where hit by the test. She packs away the cannon for later use.

Truthfully, Cura was thoroughly impressed as he witnessed as the magically enchanted armor assembled itself around Lektra until she was completely covered in it, making her look similar to that of the Cyber-mare, abate for a unicorn rather than for a pegasus. I think I now realize why this is in a vault, I mean the I don't know how strong that armor may be or what else it does but just imagine what else is here. Upon hearing her say that they were free to take anything they wanted, Cura begin examining the strange items both placed on the shelves or stacked on the walls.I'm not even exactly sure what all of this is, or if it's all that safe...As if to prove his point, the Cyber-Mare fired a single lightning bolt using something she had grabbed off a shelve. Maybe I should ask Lektra before I go poking about. Trotting over to Lektra, he asked, " Do you have anything that heals ponies?" @@bronislav84,  

Temoest looked over the contents of the vault and noticed two strange devices that seemed to be able to fit on the hoof of a pony. He picked up the devices and accidentally clicked a button on their side, causing two energy blades to spring out. "This could prove interesting." He thought to himself as he tried them on. Black armor then sprung from the devices and surrounded his body. Temoest then glanced at Aurora. "I should probably be the one to come with you." He whispered. "Dawn is a close friend of mine and I can be stealthy when needed."

Aurora says, "We will also need a delay system that will allow for me to break free from MECH. If I can't break free, then I become an enemy."

Aurora looks to the others and then to Lektra. "Lektra, can you do that? An addition to that access unit to automatically hit me with your spell."

Clayton smirked as he watched the other ponies enter the house. "I might as well see what they're up to in there." He thought to himself. The unicorn then trotted towards where the others were and was quite surprised to see two ponies in armor and another two looking around. "Hey, I don't think we've met, but my name is Clayton."

"Uhuh. It's a really rare metal and I had trouble finding enough to do anything with. As for fighting Alicorns, I hope we don't have to, especially the royal sisters. Though this armor is designed to be reconfigured into different shapes, so I should be fine." Tempest explained that they might not have any Alicorns. "Well then, maybe the princesses escaped and weren't converted." I really hoped this was true while I worked to repair the circuits in the access unit on the molecular level.

I nodded as Aurora chose a weather control enhancer and a mana canon. I nodded to her but didn't say anything.

I nodded as the others chose some devices. "Good choice Tempest. That's the Magitek Stealth Armor. Though not as combat focused, it boats a stealth function that renders the user invisible even to UV and IR. Though it can't be used for long periods of time even with the mana core to power it, so use the stealth function wisely. It needs to recharge a while after use."

The Pegasus who I'd picked berries for asked about healing. I wish I'd known his name, but he hadn't introduced himself yet. "I'm sorry sir. I had made a back mounted cannon that heals the wounded by speeding up recovery around a wound, but it was based on time spells from the Canterlot Archives. Being basically a time spell itself, I wasn't allowed to keep it. Not only did she refuse to use it when I offered it to Nurse Redheart, but it got me in trouble with the princesses when they found out what I'd made. When I was making this I had gotten permission to use the recovery speedup spell, but not more than once. A mixup and my own fault for not reading the paperwork all the way through. Since the beam device was already made, the only way I could continue to run my business was to surrender the device. It's now locked up with the time spells in the Starswirl the Bearded Wing in the Canterlot Archives. If you'd like we can try to retrieve it, but since Canterlot is mostly overrun by MECH nowadays, you're probably better off choosing something else from the shelves. Not that a healing ray would even be in here since it's not dangerous, but that's beside the point. I'm sorry." I went back to repairing the access unit.

"Hmm, an automated system that uses my magic for me? As it's pretty complicated and requires concentration to force machines and metal to do what I want, I'm afraid I can't build that into this circuit. I assure you I'll be able to purge their programming from your suit if you choose to attempt to win over their trust. I'm sorry Aurora but my magic doesn't work that way." I was almost done piecing the circuits back together. Wouldn't be long now.

I was a little surprised to see a stranger show up, but at least he wasn't an android. My HUD confirmed he wasn't one, anyway. "Welcome to what's left of my house, Clayton. It's nice to meet you. I'm Lektra Bolt. You may help yourself to anything in my Dangerous Invention Vault that you think you can carry out. The more survivors we have the higher everypony's chances of making it out of this alive."

"And done. This access unit should function now if exposed to power. Just be careful. I may not be nearby to save you if your system needs to be purged of the link to MECH." I floated the repaired part to Aurora so she could get it and install it where she thought it would work out in her suit.

Edited by bronislav84

Aurora looks it over and sets the unit to a disposable plate. She doesn't power it until we were ready. She says, "If am lucky and MECH doesn't detect my spirit in the mana core surrounding my heart, I may be able to gain enough control of my suit to detach the plate the device is on. The plate is just extra armor plating. It can be discarded in emergency situations for a lighter load. I am ready once yall are."

She looks to Clayton, "Welcome Clayton. Glad to see another surviver. My name is Quantum Aurora. I can also be called Iron Mare to those who don't directly know me."

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

Clayton nodded slightly and smiled. "Same here. I can't remember the last time I saw another pony." He said. The unicorn then looked around the area and saw a few guns that seemed to fire magic instead of bullets. He decided to keep it just in case he would need it later and why stop at one. He took five of the ten.

Letting out a soft sigh, Cura turned his gaze back to the inventions lining the vault, " Well thanks anyway. Also, name's Cura Breeze by the way," Trotting to one of the walls, Cura reflected on Lektra words. I don't remember Redheart ever mentioning anything about some sort of healing beam device.Spying a set of goggles, he lifted them towards him for closer look. I mean I know that I was in the Griffin Dominion at the time but I pretty sure that it is still something noteworthy to tell me about. So why didn't she tell me? Though I guess it doesn't matter now...Upon closer inspection,the goggles seemed to be made of single set of lens, which appeared to be made of simple glass, it encased in a shiny copper frame, giving the goggles a rather sleek look. Also, invetted in the left side was a dial labeled with several different settings, it currently being placed 'off'. Along with that was an adjustable leather strap that served as a means to secure it on the user's head. Curious about the goggles, he carefully put them on. Pleasantly surprised that find they were rather comfortable, though he didn't understand what made these different as they functioned exactly the same as a regular set of goggles.

Lets turn the dial and see what happens. Turning the dial, the goggles sprang to life as the word 'Welcome New User' appeared in front of him, taking him off guard as he stumbled back. Regaining his composure, Cura found that the words had disappeared, replaced with the words 'Mental Syncing With User, Stand By'. Confused he thought, What does it mean by m-owwwww! Sitting down, he grasped his head with his hooves as he was stuck with a brutal migraine, grunting in pain. Though as quickly as it came, it dissipated, only leaving a dull ache in its wake. Opening his eyes, he found the words 'Mental Sync Compete' fading away. So that was the mental syncing, how wonderful...he noted as he observed the changes to his vision. Every object and pony in sight was now surrounded in a light blue box. Truth be told, it was rather fascinating to him, focusing on one of the shelves in front of him, he found information on one of the inventions in front of him appearing on the right of his vision, telling him  material make-up, possible uses, structural weaknesses, and information he didn't even know what to make sense of. It's too much! Ripping the goggles from his eyes and dis-guarding them on the ground, he began breath heavily as he closed his eyes. Trying to make sense of everything he had just seen. 

Edited by Blacklight

(edited)

Tempest looked over the group and smiled slightly. He hadn't expected to find any other survivors, but he was wrong. The bat long then left the house and looked in the direction of Canterlot. "I know where you are, and I am coming for you." He thought, as his aura surrounded the armor. He was strong. He wouldn't cower as one of his friend's life was on the line. The bat pony then extended his wings and heard several bones pop into place as he got ready. "This may be where I doe, but I won't go down without a fight."

Edited by Drago Ryder

Aurora steps outside and sees Tempest get ready. She goes up to him and asks, "So, do you think this will work? You know as well as i do what MECH can do. We need to be careful and keep our element of surprise. MECH won't think we would go on the offensive. So any plans for a backup, just incase this doesn't work out?"

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

Tempest nodded. "If they find out that we're there, run." There was no hesitation in his voice as he said this. "You're one of the most important ponies on this team, and they can't afford to lose you. I'm just some guard that barely made it out of that hel of a city alive." The bat pony also had his own backup plan for when she left, but he would have to find Dawn first.

Aurora says, "Ok, but I will also fight. I was there when MECH activated so I owe it to those who were there to do something. If I have to run while using the Alicorn buster, then you know that they are stronger then we thought. Let's hope it doesn't come to that."

The pain from the informational overload slowly began to fade away as Cura took slow, deep breaths. Rubbing his temples with one of his hooves he thought. Ugh, I pretty sure I got a migraine from that thing. Opening his eyes, he gazed warily at the discarded set of goggles. That thing is dangerous. He briefly entertained the idea of placing them back on to the selves and moving on elsewhere, but dismissed it as another thought entered his mind. If I could learn to control it, maybe I could use it to help me. I mean imagine if I could use that to instantly discover the illness or injury on a pony or in worst case, the best way to destroy one of those forsaken machines. Though how? His eyes wandering away from the goggles as he pondered the question, he chanced upon a rolled piece of parchment laying next to where he had found the goggles. Rising back to his hooves, swiftly grabbed it and began to unroll it. Instructions and notes on the experimental invention #94 aka'heads up display' he read as he  unrolled the scroll. Reading through it, he discovered that those goggles worked through a mental connection with the user along with it drawing power through same connection. Also, the goggles had four mode which could be changed through the dial, scanning, thermal, night-vision, and magic. Of those Cura experience what he assumed was scanning. All of that is interesting, doesn't explain how to use it. He thought as he read the scroll. His hope was beginning to hope as he was nearing the end until finally he found the section on how to use the device. Apparently, after the user and the goggles had created a mental connection, the user could control using mental commands, with the level of focus he/she gave the object determining the amount of information one received, as judged by their desires.

Well, with a little bit of practice and this scroll I'm sure that I'll master it in no time! Tucking both the scroll and goggles in his saddlebags, Cura Breeze resumed his exploration of the vault.

Tempest nodded slightly. "I always expect that, but I still have a few tricks in my hoof." The bat pony then sighed as he looked over his armoires body. His mind still reeled from that vision and he didn't know if he was in the right mind to fight an entire army hellbent on killing him.

Aurora says, "At least you don't have to fight alone. We all wish to fight in our own way."

Aurora stretches herself, making sure she is nice and loose for when the time to fight comes. After stretching, she heads back into the lab to see if everyone is ready.

That seemed to be everypony for now. "Okay then, guess we're leaving. Once I start the locking procedure, you guys have five minutes to exit the Vault or you'll be locked in there. The inventions can only be activated and taken out when the Vault door is open, so they won't be of use to get out. If you try to use them inside the closed Vault, they won't work. Please exit on time."

I was getting used to the suit so I instead floated on it's jets instead of moving as usual. My magic connection to the suit showed me information on the recommended functions at the moment, which was just the flight. I'd made this a while ago and the instructions weren't really all that fresh, especially since I'd since written out instructions for other things. I floated over to the lock outside the Vault, then made my horn amplifier and right front hoof piece retract. I then put my horn in the lock again and my right front hoof on the reader.

I turned my head counterclockwise 45 degrees and spoke the voice command. "Bolt Command, Delta, 9-er, 66, Enable EMP field. Five minute timer. Close Sez Me." I felt the usual tug and then release on my horn as the Magitek acknowledged the command. The EMP field engaged right away, but the door would lock in 5 minutes. My horn amplifier and right front hoof piece went back into position again, but I liked the faceplate up for the moment. Sparky exited the Vault at this point, transformed into Glider Mode, strapped to my back, and interfaced with the suit. Since I didn't need his flight, the glider wings would help with maneuvering only.

I found Tempest and Aurora outside the house and floated over, landing nearby. "So, where are we going, eh?"

Edited by bronislav84

Hearing Lektra's warning, Cura Breeze decided it was best to leave the vault, least he be locked in by mistake. Either way, the goggles will help me more than enough, well if I can learn to control them that is... Trotting out of the vault, an idea stuck Cura Breeze as he begin to make his way out of the cottage. Since we're already in Ponyville and have no real destination planned for the moment...maybe I can convince the others to help scavenge whatever's left behind at Ponyville general hospital. Though at the thought of the hospital, memories of the previous day's events threatened to resurfaced to plague his mind once more, though he shook his head, dismissing them. I can't let what happened there cloud my judgement.That hospital contains valuable medical supplies that could extremely benefit in the future...it's just too good of an opportunity to pass up. Finally exiting through the hole that used to be the front door, Cura discovered the rest of the group waiting. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, Cura began to address the group, " Look I don't know where you guys plan to head next, but if there's time we could head an abandoned aid station that's located nearby; because at the current moment, I don't have sufficient medical supplies to treat a serious injury and I know for a fact that we could scavenge some supplies there."   

@@bronislav84,@@Midnight_Aurora, @@Drago Ryder,  

Edited by Blacklight

Tempest glanced at Cura and nodded slightly. "That is a good idea." He said. "We don't know what we'll come across over the next few days and it would be best if we were prepared for anything." The bat pony knew that he could simply heal others via his aura, but that wouldn't exactly help much if he needed to fight.

As Dawn laid in her coccon, she meditated as she waited for what seemed like the inevitable. She could hear the gears shift as the factory operated seemingly by itself. She didn't know what it was doing, but it probably wasn't good, given the circumstances-

Clayton noticed that Tempest, Cura, and Aurora had already exited the vault and decided that it would be good to follow them. "So, when are we going to move next?" He asked, slightly curious. He had heard them talking about going to a nearby hospital and thought that it would be a good idea.