Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria's surpemacy over Earth

Breezeoverthewater

I remember this, that was probably the most messed up thing i've seen in this show, outside of:

Yeesh.

But it's not like the side of good is any better. Some of Celestia's attempts to avoid killing ponies read read like Class-S torture.

-Having your body destroyed(minus the head) and being sealed in the Arctic North. conscious, for eternity

-Being sealed in a statue, conscious, for eternity

-Being locked on the moon, conscious, for (presumably) eternity

-Being thrown into Tartarus (yet another form of isolation). You know the rest.

Then there's other stuff, like the fact that, on Earth, you would'nt wake up in the morning, roll over in bed, and find out that your wife of ten years has been dead or missing, and you've been sleeping next to a changeling the entire time. Equestria's not really all that better; there's varying degrees of good and awful going on in both worlds.

To be fair fair, Celestia did those two beings that deserved it and she is the guardian of the realm.

I do think Equestria is better than Earth in many many ways, but better doesn't mean perfect and it doesn't mean Earth is Hell.

Its a kind of utopia. One in which all the leaders are female. In fact, what is it that the stallions even do?

Utopias are better than RL, but what happens when we compare one utopia to another...

would you rather live in Equestria or The United Federation of Planets?

• Brohoof 2

Its a kind of utopia. One in which all the leaders are female. In fact, what is it that the stallions even do?

Utopias are better than RL, but what happens when we compare one utopia to another...

We see stallions doing jobs, everything from construction to the royal guard, to baking, to business. It just so happens that the ruling immortals are female which I personally don't see as a problem.

Equestria though, without a doubt. Was never the biggest Star Trek fan though I like it. I'd take a world where what I'm best at is clear from a young age and is ruled directly by a benevolent solar deity.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

Dude..... :wat:

I would rather live in the Imperium of Man, the manliest Empire ever. B)

Personally, Equestria, but only because magic interests me more than any other medium. There are bettter worlds for it, but this one happens to be the most "general access" out of all the universes. I don't want to have to be the chosen one to get my hands on spells.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, Equestria, but only because magic interests me more than any other medium. There are bettter worlds for it, but this one happens to be the most "general access" out of all the universes. I don't want to have to be the chosen one to get my hands on spells.

The only reason for me to go to Equestria is delicious alicorn pus,,,,i mean those beatiful princesses.

Begs me the question if ponies are into humans... :huh:

The Warhammer 40K univers has magic too! :D

Sure it will pretty much corrupt your soul and turn you into a hideously abonimation but hey! It's magic. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

The only reason for me to go to Equestria is delicious alicorn pus,,,,i mean those beatiful princesses.

Begs me the question if ponies are into humans... :huh:

The Warhammer 40K univers has magic too! :D

Sure it will pretty much corrupt your soul and turn you into a hideously abonimation but hey! It's magic. :squee:

40K is not a crapsack universe, it's THE crapsack universe! My choice as a human would either be the Fascist, paranoid Imperium, the Communist, mind sapping Tau, or the soul rending, gibbering Chaos.

Thanks but I'm going to pass.

Part of my wonders why you would post here if you have such contempt for Equestria. Every time the subject of humanity comes up, you seem almost viscerally opposed to how Equestria could be better in any way.

(That's not meant to be an attack, just thinking out loud.)

I like to think of it this way. If you commit a crime your being banished to the moon instead of jail. So unless your an alicorn or have oxygen magic jail is basically death. So i would prefer Equestria over real life as all bad people would literally be eliminated by being teleported to the moon or in other words away from where i live making making me feel safer. Plus any villain that actually survives on the moon can have there own separate world so now you have the good and the wad world making equestria not the only planet in the solar system.

40K is not a crapsack universe, it's THE crapsack universe! My choice as a human would either be the Fascist, paranoid Imperium, the Communist, mind sapping Tau, or the soul rending, gibbering Chaos.

Part of my wonders why you would post here if you have such contempt for Equestria. Every time the subject of humanity comes up, you seem almost viscerally opposed to how Equestria could be better in any way.

As someone who's guilty of the same (albeit in a slightly different way), sometimes you know people are so wrong about something that it personally hurts, and you have to go out of your way to correct it. Personally, I try not to do it, although every time Equestria vs Earth pops up on the forums, I usually get sucked into it anyway. It's a pride thing. :smug:

Edited by Corona de Adamas

As someone who's guilty of the same (albeit in a slightly different way), sometimes you know people are so wrong about something that it personally hurts, and you have to go out of your way to correct it. Personally, I try not to do it, although every time Equestria vs Earth pops up on the forums, I usually get sucked into it anyway. It's a pride thing. :smug:

On who's side though exactly?

Because i'm sick of people saying earth is the worst place ever and humans are monsters. I'm simply sick of it...

Our World may be not the friendliest place and we are not really that often nice but damn it! It's our homeworld, its where we were born. You simply don't talk shit about your own home.

While the majority of all bronies would withing an hearbeat take the opportunity to turn into a pony, i instead would never. Not for magic, wings or even celestia's plot! My humanity is for me extremely important. Without it i'm no longer Alexer.

I do not despise Equestria but merely those who glorify it. It may look beatiful but so do Roses too.

PS: In in the Imperium you could actually have a nice and normal life. The majority of their worlds are Civilized ones. Basically like ours. The setting just focuses on the grimdark part.

On who's side though exactly?

This is the first time i'm not explicitly defending Equestria; my first post in a similar thread was explaining why Rainbow Dash would destroy the world's millitaries. I'm not explicitly pro-Equestria, though; I just know where the power lies. :bedeyes:

-snip-

I'd join the imperium in a heartbeat, as long as there was (risk free) magic in it for me. I'd probably be more free to practice there anyway without messing up and getting locked in the Arctic North for eternity, as well. :please:

• Brohoof 1

This is the first time i'm not explicitly defending Equestria; my first post in a similar thread was explaining why Rainbow Dash would destroy the world's millitaries. I'm not explicitly pro-Equestria, though; I just know where the power lies. :bedeyes:

I'd join the imperium in a heartbeat, as long as there was (risk free) magic in it for me. I'd probably be more free to practice there anyway without messing up and getting locked in the Arctic North for eternity, as well. :please:

That seems incredibly slimy and evil . . . just from your wording. How many times have you heard "I'm on the winning side," from traitors?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(Risk free magic, "free to practice")

Yooooou've never played or read 40K, have you?

That seems incredibly slimy and evil . . . just from your wording. How many times have you heard "I'm on the winning side," from traitors?

I'm just smart enough to know who the big dog is. B)  You'll never hear me arguing for Earth in an Equestria debate. Likewise, i'm smart enough to know that WarHammer 40k completely crushes Equestria in pretty much every conceivable way.

Hmmm...  now that you mention it, i'd make a pretty good mercenary. ;)

(Risk free magic, "free to practice")

Yooooou've never played or read 40K, have you?

Nope, not once, though i'm pretty aware of their offensive capability.

This is the first time i'm not explicitly defending Equestria; my first post in a similar thread was explaining why Rainbow Dash would destroy the world's millitaries. I'm not explicitly pro-Equestria, though; I just know where the power lies

I assume you're on the 'Magic pwns everything' side?

If then let me show you why that is not the case:

supremacy_by_acfierro-d2yibul.png

• Brohoof 2

I assume you're on the 'Magic pwns everything' side?

Depends on the magic, depends on the science. I find that neither is really that all that special anyway; when you get to the strongest beings and verses, it all kind of blends together anyway.

edit: Man, I really would make a good mercenary. :wau:

By the way, if we're talking novels, LOTR pretty much crushes everything we've mentioned here.

Depends on the magic, depends on the science. I find that neither is really that all that special anyway; when you get to the strongest beings and verses, it all kind of blends together anyway.

edit: Man, I really would make a good mercenary. :wau:

By the way, if we're talking novels, LOTR pretty much crushes everything we've mentioned here.

Well yeah, because LOTR's has Divine Providence as its backing. Kind of hard to beat the good guys when God Himself explicitly has there back.

Because i'm sick of people saying earth is the worst place ever and humans are monsters. I'm simply sick of it...

Our World may be not the friendliest place and we are not really that often nice but damn it! It's our homeworld, its where we were born. You simply don't talk shit about your own home.

While the majority of all bronies would withing an hearbeat take the opportunity to turn into a pony, i instead would never. Not for magic, wings or even celestia's plot! My humanity is for me extremely important. Without it i'm no longer Alexer.

I do not despise Equestria but merely those who glorify it. It may look beatiful but so do Roses too.

PS: In in the Imperium you could actually have a nice and normal life. The majority of their worlds are Civilized ones. Basically like ours. The setting just focuses on the grimdark part.

Trust me, I know the feeling, it just seems you're going to the other extreme though. I mean, I love Earth, I love humanity. Doesn't mean I wish for Equestria to burn, or vice versa.

Why not praise both rather than condemn one or the other?

This is the first time i'm not explicitly defending Equestria; my first post in a similar thread was explaining why Rainbow Dash would destroy the world's millitaries. I'm not explicitly pro-Equestria, though; I just know where the power lies.

I'm just smart enough to know who the big dog is.   You'll never hear me arguing for Earth in an Equestria debate. Likewise, i'm smart enough to know that WarHammer 40k completely crushes Equestria in pretty much every conceivable way.   Hmmm...  now that you mention it, i'd make a pretty good mercenary.

You and I would not get along very well. 

You and I would not get along very well. 

I'm really only talking about this from a competitive standpoint; we'd probably get along better than you'd think. :fluttershy:

It depends on what we're talking about, and I think you're honestly overgeneralizing here, since there's more than one angle to look at. If it's a place to stay and live, i'd obviously pick Earth my home. If I wanted a fun place to vacation, i'd probably pick Equestria. When it comes down to morals, such as in a war, i'd side with who I believe is right at that moment, and if that means I have to fight Sunbutt herself, then i'll do it. It really just depends on what we're talking about.

A few advantages that Equestria has.

1) No global voes, like hunger, poverty, lack of clean water, wars and homelessness. Ponies seems to have basic stuff, like food, water and a shelter. Well, except those who've chosen a traveler's life, but it's volunterely.

2)No discrimination whatsoever. As in racism, sexism, and many other -isms' we invented. Yeah, some snobbish ponies could laugh a little at country ones, but it's not something that could be called a real discrimination.

3)Lack of religion. As in: no killing over the arguning, which imaginary friend is better, no stupid cases, like dead kids, who died because their parents trust religion over medicine, no religios wars and other stuff like this.

4)No natural diseases. Ponies contorl the weather just fine.

5)Wise and fair rulers. Celestia and Luna -- nuff said.

6)Everypony is happy, doing the job they love. Cutiemarks tell ponies what they will be happy to do their whole lives, and, therefore, there's no cases like hating jobs or whatever. (Except Trixie, but it's mostly her own fault and it was temporary anyway).

7)From little to no crime. Flim Flam brothers, that rivalty over a golden ring in Daring Don't and RD, who's stolen a book. No armed robberies, no rapes, no murders, no assaults. Kids safely travel all around Equestria on their own, like AJ from Ponyville to Manehattan and Cheese Sandwige, or whatever his name is, from Manehattan to Ponyville.

Anyone wants to add something here what I missed, or maybe point on to any mistakes I've made?

This. So much this. If I woke up in Equestria one day I would probably think that I had died and gone to Heaven.

This. So much this. If I woke up in Equestria one day I would probably think that I had died and gone to Heaven.

I disagree with the OP, see my initial posts.

"Anyone wants to add something here what I missed, or maybe point on to any mistakes I've made?"

May I ask for your point? This doesn't offer anything constructive as to how we can make our world better. It's like the Na'vi from Misanthropy: the Movie or Jame's Cameron's: Avatar as most know it. Yes, the Na'vi are (debatably) superior to humanity AND?! If something or someone is so much better than the entire Earth, how can we change to emulate this better thing and thereby become better ourselves?   You give many reasons as to why Equestria is better and you're not wrong in a lot of ways, but you offer nothing in the way of how Earth and humanity could be similar. Just "doing as they do" as implied, is infeasible because most of what you said is less a part of their constructed social order and just how their world functions. There needs to be a plan, a how as to what we can do to be more like Equestria. Of which I think we should be, but with happiness rather than anger.

2)

Minor example but Zecora was met with fear and revulsion when she first came because she was different. They got over it quickly, but it did happen.

3)

You mention only the bad things religion does and only the social aspects, rather than the positive internal ones. Plus I interpret Pinkie and Rarity as both being very faith driven characters in contrast to the more empirical Twilight and the more "humanist" Rainbow Dash.   Equestria may have religion that we don't see because it lacks a kind of church. Lack or organized religion though doesn't mean a lack of religious spirituality however. Then again, when your deities are physically present immortals, no need to invent a separate infrastructure to interpret their existence.

However! . . . Equestria is very idyllic and I do think it might even be Heaven or at least Purgatory for some of us.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

Do you people even watch the show? The pony world is far from perfect, honestly I'm getting a Conversion Bureau garbage feeling from this thread.

To those that say we would be better off all as ponies and be mindless slaves, who worship this very out of character (false Celestia) Celestia. I say this, I hope all these twisted mockeries of the canon ponies realize the irony of their actions when something even more powerful than them reveals itself, something like the Reapers (or something greater) from Mass Effect.

In which only now, near the end of the pony race, does Celestia and the ponies realize they were wrong about humanity as the Reapers harvest them and wipe them away forever.

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 2

Do you people even watch the show? The pony world is far from perfect, honestly I'm getting a Conversion Bureau garbage feeling from this thread.

To those that say we would be better off all as ponies and be mindless slaves, who worship this very out of character (false Celestia) Celestia. I say this, I hope all these twisted mockeries of the canon ponies realize the irony of their actions when something even more powerful than them reveals itself, something like the Reapers from Mass Effect.

In which only now, near the end of the pony race, does Celestia and the ponies realize they were wrong about humanity as the Reapers harvest them and wipe them away forever.

You see the Conversion Bureau in everything.  >_>

This is not talking about that, this is talking about Equestria itself as separate but compared to Earth. Are the Reapers your only example of an extra-galactic evil that's worse than Xenolestia?

Only disadvantages I can think of to it would just be no more TV, Computer or videogames. But that's really bad though...That would be my idea of Hell...>.>

Well they have movies and Button Mash was playing a stand up arcade machine, so maybe they're a little behind but they exist.

I'm really only talking about this from a competitive standpoint; we'd probably get along better than you'd think.

If you say so. I just find the idea of trading allegiances purely for convenience, even on a forum to be highly disconcerting. I would never take a side just because it's the majority or "the stronger side." Screw that! I have my convictions and whether the world is with me or I stand alone, I'm sticking to my guns!