Equestria's surpemacy over Earth

Breezeoverthewater

Everyone needs to shimmer down. I mean EVERYONE. Jeez, this is a kid's show. Meant for young girls. I for one would love to be in MLP, mainly because my life as a human is kind of boring, and I prefer being around characters that don't consistently swear or make inappropriate humor or do violent acts out of spite... Well at least not very often. :l Nothing complicated to it, and we're all entitled to our own opinions. So can we please just agree that we both have good and valid opinions... Watch episode 8, and learn the episode's lesson. :( Sorry if I came off as rude... I just don't like conflict.

Everyone needs to shimmer down. I mean EVERYONE. Jeez, this is a kid's show. Meant for young girls. I for one would love to be in MLP, mainly because my life as a human is kind of boring, and I prefer being around characters that don't consistently swear or make inappropriate humor or do violent acts out of spite... Well at least not very often. :l Nothing complicated to it, and we're all entitled to our own opinions. So can we please just agree that we both have good and valid opinions... Watch episode 8, and learn the episode's lesson. :( Sorry if I came off as rude... I just don't like conflict.

Rarity and Applejack were making personal jabs at each other for the sake of preference to their personal lifestyles. That's not the same thing as having a disagreement with one another on the complexities of human fallibility in the face of seeming utopia.

Trust me, I've been on these Forums for a long time, you've not SEEN real conflict! This is a polite disagreement, and if we have more to say, I believe we should all be at liberty to say it. If we are all entitled to our opinions, than we are equally gifted with the choice to disagree and debate those opinions. Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

You see the Conversion Bureau in everything.  >_>

Well, almost everything I've seen anyway.... in this fandom that is anti human and pro pony supremacy seems to lead to it. 

This is not talking about that, this is talking about Equestria itself as separate but compared to Earth.

Equestria for the most part is better in many ways than Earth... but that still does not give them the right belittle other possible worlds like Earth that didn't have everything handed to them. If their world is truly so perfect, they would try help other worlds get better. Unless of course, they like to laugh at poor stupid humans and other stupid, not perfect, non pony scum.   

From the very beginning humans had to struggle for everything. Our caveman ancestors had to survive a world that was out to destroy them.

Our world (and even universe) is out to destroy us. We have no living immortal god to guide and hold our hand like the ponies do. We are alone, no one will help us unless we help ourselves. 

I think us humans would be better friends with a sapient alien species that had to struggle like us. 

Are the Reapers your only example of an extra-galactic evil that's worse than Xenolestia?

The Combine from Half Life is another one I often like to use.

Edited by Bendy

Well, almost everything I've seen anyway.... in this fandom that is anti human and supremacy pony seems to lead to it.

Then I would submit you call that what it is, misanthropy. The Conversion Bureau is a specific mythos with plenty of variation as to the concept. Not everyone who's a misanthrope knows what it is and not everyone who likes or made one is a misanthrope.

Equestria for the most part is better in many ways than Earth... but that still does not give them right belittle other possible worlds like Earth that didn't have everything handed to them.     From the very beginning humans had to struggle for everything. Our caveman ancestors had to survive world that was out to destroy them.   Our world (and even universe) is out to destroy us. We have no living immortal god to guide and hold our hand like the ponies do. We are alone, no will help us unless we help ourselves.    I think us humans would be better for friends with a sapient that had to struggle like us. 

I agree.

The Combine from Half Life is another one I often like to use.

It just seems your reference pool is awfully small. I mean why not throw in the Lovecraft Mythos, the Tyranids, the Flood, the Burning Legion, the Dark Spawn. My point is that your point can be made stronger if you don't use the usual suspects over and over again crowbaring them into an argument where they don't fit. 

It just seems your reference pool is awfully small. I mean why not throw in the Lovecraft Mythos, the Tyranids, the Flood, the Burning Legion, the Dark Spawn. My point is that your point can be made stronger if you don't use the usual suspects over and over again crowbaring them into an argument where they don't fit.

Meh. We all can't know every reference. At least he had something that makes sense to say. :l You seem to be in high debate mode right now, so I'm just gonna leave, because isn't my strength.

If you say so. I just find the idea of trading allegiances purely for convenience, even on a forum to be highly disconcerting. I would never take a side just because it's the majority or "the stronger side." Screw that! I have my convictions and whether the world is with me or I stand alone, I'm sticking to my guns!

I hope you realize I was jesting. If we're talking about a "living world", my ideas more reflect my second post.

It depends on what we're talking about, and I think you're honestly overgeneralizing here, since there's more than one angle to look at. If it's a place to stay and live, i'd obviously pick Earth my home. If I wanted a fun place to vacation, i'd probably pick Equestria. When it comes down to morals, such as in a war, i'd side with who I believe is right at that moment, and if that means I have to fight Sunbutt herself, then i'll do it. It really just depends on what we're talking about.

Unless you just find even joking about it distasteful, which I can't help. :blink:

Equestria for the most part is better in many ways than Earth.

Only truly in setting. Essentially, you're trading a "darker" world with relative stability for a brighter, cleaner world that could all go up in flames at a moment's notice. We trade firearm issues for Ursa attacks and wars for despotic alicorns attempting to cast eternal night; there's really just ups and downs in both worlds.

From the very beginning humans had to struggle for everything.

Ever since the ice age, we'd essentially conquered this world. At this point, mankind's only real enemy is itself.

• Brohoof 1

Thinking it over, I wanted to just say, if you don't like this topic or what it is about, ignore it. There's a huge list of topics I would love to ban and erase from my mind, but I simply ignore it. So just do likewise please, and keep the peace (by peace, I mean no constant debate, it seems like spamming to those more interested in the topic itself). :) This would be appreciated on my part. If you want a debate with someone's post, PM them, not everyone needs to read it. Sorry if I'm asking too much.

I hope you realize I was jesting. If we're talking about a "living world", my ideas more reflect my second post.

Unless you just find even joking about it distasteful, which I can't help.

Apologies. I don't switch gears from debate to comedy easily.

Ever since the ice age, we'd essentially conquered this world. At this point, mankind's only real enemy is itself.

Yeah, try telling that to disease, natural disasters, and any number of cosmic events that could wipe out the living population of the Earth before we even know it's coming. 

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, try telling that to disease, natural disasters, and any number of cosmic events that could wipe out the living population of the Earth before we even know it's coming. 

If you're taking it from that perspective, then it's really not that much different from Equestria...

• Brohoof 1

If you're taking it from that perspective, then it's really not that much different from Equestria...

Bingo!

Equesteria is idyllic but it's not perfect and like any fantasy or science fictional world with any high stakes or drama, there is much that can menace it. Just as we do a much better job at scaring ourselves than anyone else can, the world's we create are in equal parts as wonderful and dangerous as Earth.

Thinking it over, I wanted to just say, if you don't like this topic or what it is about, ignore it. There's a huge list of topics I would love to ban and erase from my mind, but I simply ignore it. So just do likewise please, and keep the peace (by peace, I mean no constant debate, it seems like spamming to those more interested in the topic itself). :) This would be appreciated on my part. If you want a debate with someone's post, PM them, not everyone needs to read it. Sorry if I'm asking too much.

I never post in topics that don't apply to me. If somepony creates a thread for people who like Flash Sentry, I don't pop in specifically to say I don't like him. I don't fall under the category so I don't post in the thread.

However, this involves claiming Equestria is in every way superior to Earth with no constructive advice as to how Earth could be like it. That is something that involves me and I would like to address even if I agree Equestria is better in many ways. So the thread applies to me even if I don't follow the OP 100%.

Again, this is healthy discussion. I personally have taken debates to PM when deemed appropriate such as when they are off topic. As long as the debate is on topic and meant to be open for anyone to review and critique, I see no reason to move the discussion to PM.

Dude, what, commissar? :P

I was just making a simple factual statement on the nature of the utopia in question. No opinion should be inferred from it. I just find it interesting.

As for the man-topia, what's that world like? Is it a world covered in chest hair and cigars? :D maybe we should make a show called my gigantic stallion :)

The world that can control the weather and produce any food in unlimited quanities will never starve. Plus, all ponies have their own advantages and disadvantages, that makes them equal to each other. 

I have a feeling somepony beat me to that equality joke.

Dude, what, commissar? :P

I was just making a simple factual statement on the nature of the utopia in question. No opinion should be inferred from it. I just find it interesting.

As for the man-topia, what's that world like? Is it a world covered in chest hair and cigars? :D maybe we should make a show called my gigantic stallion :)

I would conquer your utopia with my men. ^_^

My utopia? It's Lauren Faust's. She created it.

I just simply observed that all the rulers of Equestria, a utopia, her utopia, were female.

I was hoping for a description of the man-topia... Ah well. :(

• Brohoof 1

I just simply observed that all the rulers of Equestria, a utopia, her utopia, were female.

Have you ever played Warhammer 40K?

Oh, so Warhammer 40k is the man-topia?

You know, I never did play it. I was more of a d&d guy. We used a steampunk setting called the iron kingdoms. I guess I need to do some research.

Did you ever see bender's utopia on futurama? With all the skulls and the fires and the kill-all-humans?

• Brohoof 1

Oh, so Warhammer 40k is the man-topia?

You know, I never did play it. I was more of a d&d guy. We used a steampunk setting called the iron kingdoms. I guess I need to do some research.

Did you ever see bender's utopia on futurama? With all the skulls and the fires and the kill-all-humans?

(DnD brohoof /)* )

No, but that actually sounds quite like 40K ironically. Plenty of skulls for the bad guys and kill-all-humans for the other bad guys.

. . . . Yeah it's that kind of setting. I only bring it up because Commisar up there is a huge fan and that's how he defines 40K as a "mantopia." To 40K's credit, there are parts of the lore that I like, the God-Emperor ironically commanding a similar position to that of Princess Celestia, and I'm not the first to make that comparison. The Legiones Astartes are all post human badasses and represent many human warrior cultures from Mongols to Vikings to the Legion of Rome.

That being said it's only a few steps above being my personal Hell, which also physically exists in it's universe and is large enough to have eclipsed several star systems. Pitch is insufficient, black holes are rays of Celestia's blessed sunlight gently coming through the clouds when compared to how grimdark Warhammer 40K is. True heroes are one in a trillion, planets worth of people are casually killed due to misplaced files, and the only rush or levity comes from dark parody of just how far off the deep end the tone is. (Which vanishes instantly when one stops fighting for more than a moment to think on what's transpiring from each individual's struggle to the Powers that Be.)

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, sounds like I wouldn't have too long to complain. I'd quickly become a floor stain.

Iron Kingdoms could be grim, without a doubt, but there's a lot of cultural interest and social dynamics that keep it afloat. It's a world where heroes are needed, but could make a difference because there's societal protagonists as well as antagonists. The setting would implode on itself pretty quickly if it were as grim as you describe 40K.

I'd live under the benevolent rule of a magical princess any day over that.

I was just thinking about biology. Life is tough. really tough. Life can live at the floor of the ocean where there's no sunlight, but it's 90 Celcius next to the volcanic vent. They eat sulfur or iron straight. Life can live in outer space, or encased in glacial ice as well. But it's never advanced multicellular life. "Advanced", evolved life, the kind that swims or flies, flowers or rules the earth for 166 million years is much more fragile and sensitive to conditions. One little asteroid can wipe it out.

Perhaps the tradeoff for utopia and for advanced civilization that has Ikebana and cloisonné is a certain softness and reliance on optimal comditions. Maybe that's why the ponies of Ponyville never know what to do when even the smallest bunny stampede disrupts their way of life. 40K is for the extremophiles, but I bet there's little room for ikebana or cloisonné in that world. Or anything "nice" for that matter.

Edited by Aidan OGain
  • Brohoof 1

My 'Man-Topia':

we_are_the_immortal_shield_of_by_lathand

anti_tyranids_by_lathander1987-d4hkcrc.j

Armageddon_Steel_Legion_Warboss_Thraka.j

The edgiest and manliest utopia ever. B)

• Brohoof 1

I think everyone have their own image what a utopia is.

For some its ponyland with friendship and peace and for some its W40K with eternal war and hatred.

You speakth the truth! :) I myself love the peace part.

I think everyone have their own image what a utopia is.

For some its ponyland with friendship and peace and for some its W40K with eternal war and hatred.

I respect your man-topia, commissar. But I'll be spending my time in the United Federation of Ponies. :)

• Brohoof 2

Equestira might be a nice place to live in but and all. I mean, they basically have no poor places in Equestria and every Pony seems to be living a good and comfortable life and even the big cities do not seem to polluted or overcrowded. Basically, Equestria does not have most of the problems Earth has due to humans.

Equestria also has good education and seems to have a healthy economy as well while Earth has some areas (1st World) which are doing great but once you go to Africa you will be horrified at the life people have there.

The one place where Earth would beat Equestria over is military might. 

These ponies....they are smart.....

BUT I DON'T THINK THEY CAN OUTSMART BOOOLITZ

• Brohoof 1