Celestia and Luna

Veritum

(edited)

So I decided to draw that one scene with Celestia and Luna from the wedding, where they sort of "make up"

Not sure why really, it started out as a sketch for practice and then I decided to color/shade it.

tumblr_nq8zexfbr01tnjkvqo1_1280.png

Any critique is appreciated, and as far as any little anatomy flaws, it wasn't meant to completely imitate the scene. I just used it as a reference really. 

(and yes the lines are a bit jagged and unrefined, I didn't want to spend half an hour cleaning them up/retracing them)

EDIT: Decided to change it a bit, removed the blush. I like it more without :D

Edited by qMotus
  • Brohoof 9

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

May I ask what you used and how you made the colour smudged?

I love the line work. It must be my favourite kind of artwork. I wish I could do that kind of linework one day.

I use Paint Tool Sai personally. And if you mean the shading, I use the water color tool (from sai) which is generally intended for color mixing. You can also use a more advanced technique if you're REALLY going to realism/precise shading, and that is using the brush tool and slowly changing the color as you go. This creates a semi-rough shading technique that looks really cool.

And for the lines, honestly I've been practicing how to do full strokes to make them as smooth as possible. I would recommend just practicing to make smooth/straight lines, helps a lot for actually doing artwork.

Hope I helped, and thanks :D

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.